Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency

SubZero

There are alot of good contributers to the team that are FAs next year. Which guys will stay and which will go?

Notable FAs

Reggie Wayne WR

Robert Mathis DE

Pierre Garcon WR

Jeff Satuday C

Ryan Deim G/T

Philip Wheeler OLB

Anthony Gonzalaz WR

Jacob Lacey CB

I really want to keep Mathis and Wayne but I think one will go, unless they sign one then they place a franchise tag on the other. Garcon is a player we need he knows this offense and is a good player. Saturday is a player who will most likely stay with the team and sign a 1 year deal and then retires a colt. Deim is probably going to leave, hes had great years here but he is old and not as elite as saturday. Wheeler is also a good player but is replaceable if he decides to leave. Gonzo and Lacey are easy players to leave. Gonzo is to injury prone and when he isnt injured he cant squeeze in playing time. And lacey is a not brainer who we should not waste money on.

We could get rid of Diem, and that would get rid of 4M dollars. Lacey doesn't have to stay. If we draft a CB, Powers and him would be the starter and we would have Thomas + Johnson as the backup with Ruker there too. He could go, but if he stay he brings good depth plus he's good in nickel coverages. Wheeler brings great depth, and the Colts linebackers have had injury problems lately, so he needs to stay. If the Colts don't get a new WR, I think they will be forced to keep Gonzo as a backup. David Gilreath is good, but Gonzo is a good backup. Saturday can stay for 1 or 2 more years, then he'll be forced to retire. Mathis has to stay as without him our pass rush would significantly decrease, and it would do badly. Garcon has to and will stay. Reggie should stay, as he's amazing with Manning, but it's a current topic up for debate.

We could get rid of Diem, and that would get rid of 4M dollars. Lacey doesn't have to stay. If we draft a CB, Powers and him would be the starter and we would have Thomas + Johnson as the backup with Ruker there too. He could go, but if he stay he brings good depth plus he's good in nickel coverages. Wheeler brings great depth, and the Colts linebackers have had injury problems lately, so he needs to stay. If the Colts don't get a new WR, I think they will be forced to keep Gonzo as a backup. David Gilreath is good, but Gonzo is a good backup. Saturday can stay for 1 or 2 more years, then he'll be forced to retire. Mathis has to stay as without him our pass rush would significantly decrease, and it would do badly. Garcon has to and will stay. Reggie should stay, as he's amazing with Manning, but it's a current topic up for debate.

pretty much my thoughts too, Lacey shouldn't be brought back, I would rather pay him to stay away!!

Well said. It showcases just how difficult the Front Office really has it. Lots of difficult decisions, none of which can be made in haste. Some of these things may already be set in stone, while others will remain unknown until February; others still in April.

I get what you say but we cant resign all these guys. Gonzo, Deim, and Lacey are all replacable with cheaper options so i dont see us keeping them. And I think based on what polian decides to do in the draft that will decide it Wayne or Mathis goes.

i agree with most what you said only ...didnt diem was cut and resigned to a1 year deal that was a lot cheaper than those 4 mill?

i think we should keep wheeler just because if we leave we just have another hole to fill , and we already have enough. same with mathis i think, altrough id understand if he wants more money than we can give...same with wayne, but i hope he gts a deal similar to donal drivers.

I think saturday will sign a cheap 1 year deal. Another question mark, imo, is addai. I love him, but brown has looked a lil better lately and carter has shown he can carry the load. trough, addai is not that expensive.

bracket may get cut too, so is bullit.