Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pass rush Colts @ Broncos

OLD FAN MAN

I think Werner is still figuring it all out. It's his first game of the season and he is trying hard, and has a great motor. He gets a break from me since he was playing in Denver against Clady (3 time Pro Bowler) most of the night. He was setting the edge very well also. I expect he'll come on this season. 

I did see him reacting to the plays quite a bit instead of just going straight after the QB. I think that was by design, and something Manusky has him doing. At least I hope that's the case. Manusky should have him rushing the passer constantly though. 

I just hope we get to see him and Mathis on the field at the same time. 

Werner might not be the pass rusher we were looking for, but he is very, very good against the run. I saw a bunch of times where he caught the rb behind the line for a loss

Like the time Montee Ball ran right into him on the goal line and then just bounced off and ran into the endzone?? Just kidding....sure he didn't get a lot of pressure...Clady had him pretty sewed up...and Clady is a pro bowl caliber LT. That said Peyton is usually more effected by pressure up the middle that inhibits him stepping into his throws or collapsing his pocket...not edge rushers...that is where we were more affective against him last night.