Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver at San Francisco (8-17-14)

oldunclemark

4 p.m. (EST) Mid-60s and cloudy..Live on the NFL network.

The late Sunday game is the opening for SF's new stadium...

We'll se a lot of Blaine Gabbert at QB for SF.

I'd be surprised if Frank Gore played....want to see Carlos Hyde from Ohio State.

One quarter for Peyton 2 for Brock Osweiler..

With Ball and CJ Anedrson out...Ronnie Hillman will get a lot of carries

With Trvethan out and Von Miller still not ready....Brandon Marshall will start and a rookie Lemin Barrow will get his first real chance..

I want to see the new stadium

4 p.m. (EST) Mid-60s and cloudy..Live on the NFL network.

The late Sunday game is the opening for SF's new stadium...

We'll se a lot of Blaine Gabbert at QB for SF.

I'd be surprised if Frank Gore played....want to see Carlos Hyde from Ohio State.

One quarter for Peyton 2 for Brock Osweiler..

With Ball and CJ Anedrson out...Ronnie Hillman will get a lot of carries

With Trvethan out and Von Miller still not ready....Brandon Marshall will start and a rookie Lemin Barrow will get his first real chance..

I want to see the new stadium

Juwan Thompson. If you see any of the game, live or later, pay attention to him. I think this guy could be very good. Excellent in pass protection, and he only goes forward. I haven't seen tackle for a loss yet and even if he gets stopped, he always get at least one more yard.

FINAL: 34-0

Shocking domination.

SF was without several regulars but Denver was without Von Miller, Danny Trevethan. Kevin Vickerson, Montee Ball..Emmanual Sanders

..on and on..

I dodt know if it says more about Denver than it does about SF..

the 49ers got toasted in week one, too, didn they?

The Broncos looks great so far this pre-season.....

And we open our regular season with them in Denver.

And yet there are some who are confident of a Colts victory there.

Wish I was one of them.....

I wasn't confident last year , and I was right. Not fun playing Peyton after his team was beaten in the playoffs the year before.

It was not pretty. It's a shame the Orioles couldn't have moved their game so we would have gotten them at home, but I think the result would have been roughly the same .

You would have had a different week 1 game. The home/away games are determined before the weekly opponents are set.

The Broncos basically could not have had a better year then they did last year...and we all saw how that went once they got to the Superbowl. Complete annihilation.

Not true. Denver could have played significantly better than they did last year..defensively....much better

That's been their 'plus' so far. Playing without Kevin Vickerson, Von Miller and now Danny Trevethan and using simple, base defenses in the pre-season....they have done well against SF and Seattle...Teams many said they could not play with...

one note, though: They have to see Seattle and SF again early in the season and those two teams will bring a lot more into real games .

The Broncos basically could not have had a better year then they did last year...and we all saw how that went once they got to the Superbowl. Complete annihilation.

I have said since February that people misunderstand that game and I still believe it very strongly.  I honestly think that those two teams were very evenly matched and that if the game were played over and over again that they would have basically split.  However, there are always outliers, games where one team plays absolutely horrible and their oppononent near perfect.  That game was one of those outliers.  It in no way shows that the Seahawks were some unbeatable juggernaut and the Broncos a complete hollow shell.  Rather, it just shows that anyone can be completely blown out every now and then.