Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville away game

GAColtsFan

Wife and I went to a Colts at gag wires games in 2008 I think. It was a Thursday night game. Jacksonville has a great pre and post game down town area. Plenty of bats to hit then take the water taxi to and from the game. Not sure where you would find the most Colts fan but I'm sure any bar would be good.

I live in Savannah, Ga. which is a two hr drive so i havent missed a Colts game in Jax. Theres alot of places to stay and do but the "Jacksonville Landings" would be your best bet. Its across the St Johns river from Jax EverBank stadium downtown (awesome atmosphere). Theres a few bars, restaurants, and shopping in the area. including a Hooters on the river and a Chicago pizza sports bar.

Hey Jskinnz, my wife and I are going to denver from the 4 to the 9. I'd love to tailgate while we re there. It's our anniversary so we re heading out to raft and see our Colts beat Denver. We attended the San fransisco games last year and got a win so hopefully we bring them luck again. Do you mind adding me on Facebook?

My wife and I are going to the Colts game in JAX also. Booked at the Crown Plaza and always looking for friends for pre-game tailgating. I typically have luck walking around the lots and finding fans in our jersey but message me to see if you want to group up and catch a cab/ parking, etc.

-Wayne

Sounds good. Will message you when it's closer to the game. I live a couple of hours SW of Jax.

I'm trying to talk my wife into going.  So much to plan around for us.  But if we do, I'll try to get Crowne Plaza (beautiful view of downtown and Landings on the river, and can get special rates at times) on the waterfront, and do dining at the Jax Landings.

http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/dining-nightlife

Thanks for the info. and link.

Hey Jskinnz, my wife and I are going to denver from the 4 to the 9. I'd love to tailgate while we re there. It's our anniversary so we re heading out to raft and see our Colts beat Denver. We attended the San fransisco games last year and got a win so hopefully we bring them luck again. Do you mind adding me on Facebook?

send me a dm on this site with your contact info.

I'm going to the game Sep. 21 in Jacksonville.  Does anyone know where Colts fans hangout or tailgate before a game in Jacksonville ?

GO COLTS !!             attachicon.gif2015 SB trophy .jpg

Have you bought your tickets yet? I've got a group of about 10-12 colts fans that are going to the game. You're more than welcome to join our group. 

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

ColtsBlueFL, on 14 Aug 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:snapback.png

I'm trying to talk my wife into going.  So much to plan around for us.  But if we do, I'll try to get Crowne Plaza (beautiful view of downtown and Landings on the river, and can get special rates at times) on the waterfront, and do dining at the Jax Landings.

http://www.jacksonvi...ining-nightlife

Thanks for the info. and link.

If you do get the Crowne Plaza,  (or other waterfront hotel)  they used to have a water taxi to take you across the St. John's river to the Landings for a few bucks.  Saves having to get your car out of the parking garage and navigate streets to cross the bridge, and then find parking once at the landings.  Just a tip.  ;-)

My wife and I will be spending Saturday at Hogwarts (Universal) before heading to the game Sunday morning. I'm deployed now and hopefully the timing is right and we don't miss the game, coming from Hurlburt Field, FL.

If you guys get a group together for a tailgate, PM me. I'm down.

Cool, Thanks for your service

Turns out I'm in Jax for business.  Here is view of Downtown Jax and the Jacksonville Landings (left of bridge waterside) from balcony at Crowne Plaza.  Looking toward the right up the river, Everbank Stadium, and they were test tthe worlds largest scoreboard / TV.  Extremely bright images, and I'm .8 miles away!

2014-08-25203336_zps1d38ff6b.jpg

2014-08-25203404_zps3f12e40b.jpg

blumpkin 4 brady, on 14 Aug 2014 - 5:33 PM, said:snapback.png

My wife and I are going to the Colts game in JAX also. Booked at the Crown Plaza and always looking for friends for pre-game tailgating. I typically have luck walking around the lots and finding fans in our jersey but message me to see if you want to group up and catch a cab/ parking, etc.

-Wayne

Sounds good. Will message you when it's closer to the game. I live a couple of hours SW of Jax.

It's official.  My wife and I have tickets to the game and a reservation at the Crown Plaza for Saturday!  We'll probably head over to the Jacksonville Landings Saturday evening via water taxi.  We'll have to pm each other (all that are going) and maybe folks can meet up at the Landings.  My wife isn't into the tailgating scene, so game day we'll just get to our seats when we arrive at the stadium.

I order my wife a really nice female Colts/Luck T to wear game day as well!

https://www.facebook.com/ColtsFanatics/photos/a.312595975441349.82063.146929995341282/823826454318296/?type=1&relevant_count=1

I'll have my Luck jersey.  Go COLTS!  :blueshoe::fb:   :coltshelmet: 

blumpkin 4 brady, on 14 Aug 2014 - 5:33 PM, said:snapback.png

It's official.  My wife and I have tickets to the game and a reservation at the Crown Plaza for Saturday!  We'll probably head over to the Jacksonville Landings Saturday evening via water taxi.  We'll have to pm each other (all that are going) and maybe folks can meet up at the Landings.  My wife isn't into the tailgating scene, so game day we'll just get to our seats when we arrive at the stadium.

I order my wife a really nice female Colts/Luck T to wear game day as well!

https://www.facebook.com/ColtsFanatics/photos/a.312595975441349.82063.146929995341282/823826454318296/?type=1&relevant_count=1

I'll have my Luck jersey.  Go COLTS!  :blueshoe::fb:   :coltshelmet:

Sounds good. I'll be in my Freeney SB Jersey   :td:   :coltsfb:

• 2 weeks later...

OK so going through the posts it looks like we have a great group:

Staying at the Crown plaza:

Blumpkin4Brady (me)- 2 total

ColtsBlueFL                   2 total

BTW the water taxi service stopped this summer according to tripadvisor, etc.

Going to the game :

Me-                               2

ColtsBlueFL                  2 total

FL Colts Fan                 2  

Scissormetimbers          2 (thank you for your service!)

Wpfinca                           ??

Dark Indy                      10-12 ( I will PM u to see about meeting for tailgate)

PM me for contact info as it would be great to meetup before or even Saturday night.

Bummer about the water taxi.  :(    I'll double check once more, just in case they changed their minds.

I could almost promise I saw it out there making rounds just a few weeks ago while on business.  Probably just a boat making deliveries. Not sure what else a pontoon type vessel with roof and a medium/small outboard motor would otherwise be doing out there in the river.  The Landings is the spot we should meet up Saturday, even if (some of us) have to drive across the Main Street or Acosta bridges to get there.  They look cool lit in (Colts!) Blue at night too!  :td:

My wife and I just purchased tickets for this game.  We are coming from north Tampa.  Would really like to hang out with some colts fans also.  How are you all contacting each other?  We may not come in until Sunday morning, but would like to tailgate with everyone, or hang out at a bar until game time.  This will be our first game at Jacksonville, so we are not familiar with the area.

My wife and I just purchased tickets for this game.  We are coming from north Tampa.  Would really like to hang out with some colts fans also.  How are you all contacting each other?  We may not come in until Sunday morning, but would like to tailgate with everyone, or hang out at a bar until game time.  This will be our first game at Jacksonville, so we are not familiar with the area.

Many of us are getting in to Jax on Saturday. I think we determined the Jacksonville Landings would be our meet up spot, and maybe we can overtake an eatery/pub with Colts Blues.  :)  I'll be sending a private message to the folks listed on here as going on Friday or Sat morning with my cell #.  So between that and PM, and thread, we should be informed.