Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Burl's not so crazy came across this player rankings

Burl's they had your boy tied with Brooks at 7/8. Really wish we would have grabbed him in the 7th and I am not talking about Brooks. Good luck Baltimore. Jackson and Dowling together again. Don't see how he was below Brooks but he gets to prove it now. They had Jackson pretty high too. Moncrief 7th WR.

I looked at every pre draft site I could find never saw one with Dowling in the top 10 for S's and Jackson listed to 20 LB. Mewhort was just below Gabe.

Even has Newsome listed at DE rated ahead of some names at like 30.

Really makes our draft look pretty good.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:s

? Um everybody thinks..

I just found it interesting that all these guys some we had never heard and had the board flaming after the draft are ranked as high as they are on this site. You obviously did not.

Of course where they are ranked doesn't matter unless they perform on the field that is just common sense.

I just found it interesting that all these guys some we had never heard and had the board flaming after the draft are ranked as high as they are on this site. You obviously did not.

Of course where they are ranked doesn't matter unless they perform on the field that is just common sense.

It doesn't matter what we think or who we know. Thats why Grigs the GM and we aren't. I can see many people looking at rankings and mock drafts and just picking the popular pick or whos talked about the most by the media. But the evaluators actually do their research.

If you had looked at the grading system,  it shows a grade of 5.3,  which, to the evaluator made Dowling a solid back-up and special teams player.    Not a player of starting caliber.

The grade supports Grigson's view that this was a very, very weak class of safeties.

And it also shows -- again -- why his off the field baggage must have really shaped the opinions of GM's....   they didn't want any part of him until he was a free agent.

It was Oakland who picked him very, very late in R7.     Okie-dokie.    Good luck with that.

If you had looked at the grading system,  it shows a grade of 5.3,  which, to the evaluator made Dowling a solid back-up and special teams player.    Not a player of starting caliber.

The grade supports Grigson's view that this was a very, very weak class of safeties.

And it also shows -- again -- why his off the field baggage must have really shaped the opinions of GM's....   they didn't want any part of him until he was a free agent.

It was Oakland who picked him very, very late in R7.     Okie-dokie.    Good luck with that.

Are you trying to say something about Oakland? They play 3 or 4 good games a year. Didn't they bring in a QB this year? Rich Gannon?

Dowling got a 5.3 the Ward kid everyone was crazy about a 5.4. I am not sold on I really think there were 3 S's in the draft just my opinion.

I mostly posted it for our guys Moncrief 7th overall WR 5.9. I think he is better than a couple of guys ahead of him on top of it. Shows we really had no choice when he was sitting there at 90.

Then I was surprised to see how high the president, Newsome and the fact that Urlick John was on there. Again it is just rankings based off of numbers so doesn't mean a whole lot but it was a bit comforting to me to see our guys up there.

Are you trying to say something about Oakland? They play 3 or 4 good games a year. Didn't they bring in a QB this year? Rich Gannon?

Dowling got a 5.3 the Ward kid everyone was crazy about a 5.4. I am not sold on I really think there were 3 S's in the draft just my opinion.

I mostly posted it for our guys Moncrief 7th overall WR 5.9. I think he is better than a couple of guys ahead of him on top of it. Shows we really had no choice when he was sitting there at 90.

Then I was surprised to see how high the president, Newsome and the fact that Urlick John was on there. Again it is just rankings based off of numbers so doesn't mean a whole lot but it was a bit comforting to me to see our guys up there.

I eat my own words on  MONCRIEF. He'll be challenging Tom Savage all year long for R.O.T.Y. He really was a great pick for us. But DOWLING STEALS the show in RAIDERNATION. He's D.R.O.Y. And we passed on him.

I eat my own words on  MONCRIEF. He'll be challenging Tom Savage all year long for R.O.T.Y. He really was a great pick for us. But DOWLING STEALS the show in RAIDERNATION. He's D.R.O.Y. And we passed on him.

I was pretty disappointed with Ulrick John considering who was still there would have been nice to bring Jackson and Dowling together. Thing is I just don't see how we would not have been able to get the kid as an UDFA. I know it was the 7th round but there are 7th rounder's that are going to make an impact in this draft. UDFA's too it was deep. Before everyone jumps me seems to be the theme of the board I realize there are 7th rounders and UDFA every year. I just think more so this year.

I was not the biggest fan of the Moncrief pick when it happened but the more I read and watched the kid it would appear you don't get a shot at talent like that at 90 very often. I really think him being there kind of threw our whole draft out of whack. Grigs sort of said as much.

I was pretty disappointed with Ulrick John considering who was still there would have been nice to bring Jackson and Dowling together. Thing is I just don't see how we would not have been able to get the kid as an UDFA. I know it was the 7th round but there are 7th rounder's that are going to make an impact in this draft. UDFA's too it was deep. Before everyone jumps me seems to be the theme of the board I realize there are 7th rounders and UDFA every year. I just think more so this year.

I was not the biggest fan of the Moncrief pick when it happened but the more I read and watched the kid it would appear you don't get a shot at talent like that at 90 very often. I really think him being there kind of threw our whole draft out of whack. Grigs sort of said as much.

My reputation's on the line with my words. DOWLING'S D.R.O.Y. If he starts or plays alot. I'm convinced.

My reputation's on the line with my words. DOWLING'S D.R.O.Y. If he starts or plays alot. I'm convinced.

I think Woodson is the S now and he is like 45 or something I think he has a good shot to see some action.

Everyone passed on him.   Roughly 250 times.     Even the Raiders passed on him often until they took him nearly at the end of the draft.

And since it's pretty clear the kid can play at some level,  it should tell you just how bad his "issues" are.

The Raiders were willing to spend a 7 for him.    Good for them.    Maybe it works out.   Maybe it doesn't.    But the other 31 teams were not willing to spend a draft pick.   They were only willing to sign him as a free agent.

Maybe the kid grows up and figures stuff out.   That would be great.   I always like stories like that.   I just wouldn't bet on it.

And I wouldn't bet on Dowling being the D.R.O.Y.     Nor on Moncrief.     You have to actually play before you can win awards, and playing time is going to be hard for Moncrief to get unless a lot of guys get hurt.

We made a mistake passing on DOWLING. I'm convinced. I almost throw up daily, because of it.

Ginger Ale.     That will settle your stomach.

You can drink it.    Or they sell ginger as something you can chew on and eat.    That works too.

Good luck.    Hope you feel better.

The evaluator for NFL.com didn't like Ward very much.   Didn't give him a high grade.   That's why the 5.4 for him.   He thinks of Ward as a back-up.    Just as he thinks of Dowling as a back-up.

The odds are incredibly long against Dowling winning rookie of the year.     Doesn't mean he won't be good.  

Same with Moncrief.   He's likely not going to get enough snaps to win rookie of the year.    But it doesn't mean he won't be good someday either.

The last two drafts have been loaded with decent talent.    It should not be a surprise to find decent players in the 5th, 6th and even the 7th rounds.     That said,  the odds are still long against those players turning into something special.    They always are.

The evaluator for NFL.com didn't like Ward very much.   Didn't give him a high grade.   That's why the 5.4 for him.   He thinks of Ward as a back-up.    Just as he thinks of Dowling as a back-up.

The odds are incredibly long against Dowling winning rookie of the year.     Doesn't mean he won't be good.  

Same with Moncrief.   He's likely not going to get enough snaps to win rookie of the year.    But it doesn't mean he won't be good someday either.

The last two drafts have been loaded with decent talent.    It should not be a surprise to find decent players in the 5th, 6th and even the 7th rounds.     That said,  the odds are still long against those players turning into something special.    They always are.

I tend to agree when it comes to Ward we will see. I don't see Moncrief getting the opportunities to be ROY unless we are crushed with injuries at WR. I am not sure he is ready anyway. It takes WR a minute to adjust to the game. I think we are a little spoiled in that we have had WR's that are successful pretty quickly TY being the latest but the typical WR usually takes 2-3 yrs with the 3rd yr typically being that magical year when it all comes together. That is changing a little as the league goes to more and more passing.