Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reportedly weŕe interested in Michael Sam

I have no problem with Michael Sam or his life decisions. The problem I have with drafting Michael Sam is the circus that it would've brought to our organization. We usually don't like to be in the news and tend to be hush-hush about a lot so I think the media would've had a negative effect on our locker room and our team's focus. I wish him all the best though. 

I really don't care how this man, or anyone else chooses to live his life. It's none of my business. The only thing I find objectionable is how the media is playing this. One NFL analyst said this was the best pick of the draft, based on his lifestyle choice, not player potential. The NFL is not intended to be social experimentation laboratory. It's a competitive business.

One should make it, or not make it based on his play. Period.

I have no problem with Michael Sam or his life decisions. The problem I have with drafting Michael Sam is the circus that it would've brought to our organization.

The hypocrisy of the sports media is going to be on display now. They wii sanctimoniously tell football fans how they need to get past the issue, but they will pepper him with questions about his lifestyle and how it meshes with the NFL locker room.

The hypocrisy of the sports media is going to be on display now. They wii sanctimoniously tell football fans how they need to get past the issue, but they will pepper him with questions about his lifestyle and how it meshes with the NFL locker room.

I couldn't agree with you more.

When I tune into football, I tune in for things that directly relate to the football game....."Inside the Lines", if you will.