Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers putting forth the effort

TKnight24

I must be in a minority, but I like Whalen better than Brazil. 

He isn't as fast, but he can return kickoffs, and has great hands.  

Agreed. Whalen is underrated and has shown a more developed "game" than Brazil.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts kept 6 WRs on the roster this season given that Reggie is coming off his surgery.  Whether thats the 6 we have or not that's the question. 

I too favor Whalen over brazil.  To me, Whalen is just another TY Hilton type.  Whalen is the typical slot receiver and has shown a lot of elusiveness after the catch.  He does a good job with Punt returns.  To me, I like the group of Reggie, TY, Hicks, Rogers and Whalen.  If we have a 6th then either Brazill or draft a WR. 

Sounds like Rogers is getting his head out of his 4th point of contact and focusing in on football.  Hope he continues his development and can make an impact.

Agreed. Whalen is underrated and has shown a more developed "game" than Brazil.

On the topic of Whalen and Brazill, a while back I ran across an article evaluating Hakeem Nicks, but what caught my interest was the advanced statistics feature of the article, which allows you to 'click' different statistical measurements and look at the receivers and how they performed.

http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/ca-free-agent-profiles-wr-hakeem-nicks.html

Take a look at how Whalen grades out vs. the other receivers, especially Brazill. After looking at this, it may further our appreciation for the subtle things that he does.

On the topic of Whalen and Brazill, a while back I ran across an article evaluating Hakeem Nicks, but what caught my interest was the advanced statistics feature of the article, which allows you to 'click' different statistical measurements and look at the receivers and how they performed.

http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/ca-free-agent-profiles-wr-hakeem-nicks.html

Take a look at how Whalen grades out vs. the other receivers, especially Brazill. After looking at this, it may further our appreciation for the subtle things that he does.

Very Interesting to see it demonstrated in a statistical analysis. Indeed, Whalen outperforms Brazil in every statistical category used for grading WR's. A bit of validation of my personal observations.