Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts working out C Steve Vallos

CS Colts Fan

The dude is 35. Maybe he doesn't want to be in camp this summer. Maybe he wants to wait until some team loses their starting center in OTAs and his value increases a little bit. Maybe he wants to wait until after the draft, so he doesn't sign with a team that intends to pick a center and plug him in to start. Maybe he hates the Colts.

There are a number of scenarios that make sense in my mind as to why Goodwin might not be ready to sign, here or anywhere. Ultimately, both sides have to want to get a deal done.

Great post. Very likely he wants to skip out of OTAs etc by waiting to sign and also see where everything settles in the draft. His value is only going to go up at this point. Somebody after the draft will still have a need and he may not want to go to some place that he wouldn't be in the plans to start perhaps. Maybe he doesn't want to fight it out with Hughes. Maybe he is contemplating retiring...nobody knows. Maybe WE don't like him....or pay what he wants....lots of options. It is pretty certain though that Hughes is the starter this year...barring an injury..anyone else out there would be a backup as far as I can tell.

Great post. Very likely he wants to skip out of OTAs etc by waiting to sign and also see where everything settles in the draft. His value is only going to go up at this point. Somebody after the draft will still have a need and he may not want to go to some place that he wouldn't be in the plans to start perhaps. Maybe he doesn't want to fight it out with Hughes. Maybe he is contemplating retiring...nobody knows. Maybe WE don't like him....or pay what he wants....lots of options. It is pretty certain though that Hughes is the starter this year...barring an injury..anyone else out there would be a backup as far as I can tell.

Great post dg

well with one exception...Khaled Holmes is the expected starting C as of now, not Montori Hughes.  otherwise I agree :D

Yes...I was thinking about another post...and mixed the names....very embarrassing....could have been worse considering the crazy stuff that goes on right before the draft lol.

Yes...I was thinking about another post...and mixed the names....very embarrassing....could have been worse considering the crazy stuff that goes on right before the draft lol.

lol..right.  I've seen the same mixup a number of times since they were both drafted.  So yeah, I was just razzin ya :D