Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yet another mock trade down

I used a previous mock trade down to get the extra pick

71 Trai Turner G LSU we need help on interior of the line for Trent and Luck

90 Carun Reid DT/NG  can get to the QB 20.5 sacks and 7 blocked kicks in his career entered school at 17 still growing pass rushing interior D lineman. He could rotate in

103 Walt Aikens CB 6'1" 203 lbs showed well in press coverage has played S all around athlete provides depth for now can see him taking over for Toler. There are other CB's here I went with him.

106 Carl Bradford OLB ASU power cleans 400 can get to the QB situational pass rusher more pressure

166 Dez Southward FS Wisconsin 4.38 40 42 inch vert has been to Indy for a workout listed as FS played all over back end really hard to pass on Dontae here

203 Max Bullough ILB MSU could be just to slow for NFL but in the 6th why not had a great college career

232 Solomon Patton he is Archer and Thomas without the hype WR/RB/KR Florida 4.31 40 at pro day can't teach speed everyone wanted some.

UDFA James Stone Tenn G/C  quick off the ball needs work

plenty more on both sides of the ball tired

I used a previous mock trade down to get the extra pick

71 Trai Turner G LSU we need help on interior of the line for Trent and Luck

90 Carun Reid DT/NG  can get to the QB 20.5 sacks and 7 blocked kicks in his career entered school at 17 still growing pass rushing interior D lineman. He could rotate in

103 Walt Aikens CB 6'1" 203 lbs showed well in press coverage has played S all around athlete provides depth for now can see him taking over for Toler. There are other CB's here I went with him.

106 Carl Bradford OLB ASU power cleans 400 can get to the QB situational pass rusher more pressure

166 Dez Southward FS Wisconsin 4.38 40 42 inch vert has been to Indy for a workout listed as FS played all over back end really hard to pass on Dontae here

203 Max Bullough ILB MSU could be just to slow for NFL but in the 6th why not had a great college career

232 Solomon Patton he is Archer and Thomas without the hype WR/RB/KR Florida 4.31 40 at pro day can't teach speed everyone wanted some.

UDFA James Stone Tenn G/C  quick off the ball needs work

plenty more on both sides of the ball tired

As best I can tell, you've traded down from pick 59 with Cleveland for picks 71, 103 and 106.     Is that correct?

The problem is pick 103 doesn't belong to Cleveland.   It belongs to another team.

But Cleveland's picks 71 and 106 alone are more points than the pick 59 we give up.   The points don't match. 

So....   I'm not understanding this trade.....   can you elaborate?

By the way,  I love the players....  but the trade doesn't add up.....

As best I can tell, you've traded down from pick 59 with Cleveland for picks 71, 103 and 106.     Is that correct?

The problem is pick 103 doesn't belong to Cleveland.   It belongs to another team.

But Cleveland's picks 71 and 106 alone are more points than the pick 59 we give up.   The points don't match. 

So....   I'm not understanding this trade.....   can you elaborate?

By the way,  I love the players....  but the trade doesn't add up.....

I stole the trade from another thread I think he did something with the Giants not really sure. I wasn't a fan of what he had so I started repicking thought it would be more polite to make it my mock than re do his so I have no idea where the picks came from the magic of  Grigs???

Tried to keep it real not reaching for players that would no way in the world be there. Although Southward is gaining momentum

I'm really leaning against not drafting an ILB with Josh McNary and Henoc Muamba on the team.

I really wouldn't put too much stock in those guys. Muamba might not even make the final 53 man roster, and was probably just Grigson's attempt to catch lighting in a bottle twice. McNary is for depth. I've said it before but people have to realize that not every signing is because that player is the future. A lot of it is just depth. Guys like Sheldon Price, Muamba, Adongo,etc...aren't really guys who are going to be future starters. They're there just to take a chance on a guy and see if there's anyway they can contribute.

I really wouldn't put too much stock in those guys. Muamba might not even make the final 53 man roster, and was probably just Grigson's attempt to catch lighting in a bottle twice. McNary is for depth. I've said it before but people have to realize that not every signing is because that player is the future. A lot of it is just depth. Guys like Sheldon Price, Muamba, Adongo,etc...aren't really guys who are going to be future starters. They're there just to take a chance on a guy and see if there's anyway they can contribute.

You never know if they will be good or not. if grigs didn't see anything in those people they wouldn't be on the roster and Price and Adongo wouldn't have made it on the 53 man last year. Muamba got signed to a multi year deal after being a stud in Canada just like Freeman. Freeman also was expected to be depth and look where he is.

You never know if they will be good or not. if grigs didn't see anything in those people they wouldn't be on the roster and Price and Adongo wouldn't have made it on the 53 man last year. Muamba got signed to a multi year deal after being a stud in Canada just like Freeman. Freeman also was expected to be depth and look where he is.

I never said he didn't see anything in them, just that IDK if they're really guys you look at as being the future. As we know Grigson loves finding guys in the trenches, so I take signings like Adongo (former Rugby guy) and Muamba (CFL) with a grain of salt. I think he'll take guys like those just in case they turn out to be the next Warren Moon or something. But being a stud in Canada isn't really bragging rights. Finding guys like Freeman doesn't happen often, but at the same time it's not like he's a top 10 ILB. I mean he's pretty good and had really good production but like I said, it was lightning in a bottle.

You have to remember that there is only one Belichiek in the league, so this isn't a situation where under the radar guys will be key players. There's definetly something in Adongo, but I doub't he's like a future 10.5 sack a year Rush OLB like some people are predicting. There's a reason why guys like Demarcus Lawrence, Marcus Smith, and Preston Brown are getting visits with the Colts.

We definetly have some hidden gems that were un-earthed by Grigson (Rodgers, Freeman, Hilton, Sergio Brown, etc...) but the issue is that there are a lot of people here who put significant stock in every draft pick , trade, and FA signing that Grigson does. We could sign an ex-AFL RB star and people would be saying with coaching, he'll be a good change of pace back and maybe a starter.

I never said he didn't see anything in them, just that IDK if they'r really guys you look at as being the future. As we know Grigson loves finding guys in the trenches, so I take signings like Adongo (former Rugby guy) and Muamba (CFL) with a grain of salt. I think he'll take guys like those just in case they turn out to be the next Warren Moon or something. But being a stud in Canada isn't really bragging rights. Finding guys like Freeman doesn't happen often, but at the same time it's not like he's a top 10 ILB. I mean he's pretty good and had really good production but like I said, it was lightning in a bottle.

I'm just saying with two good starters in Jackson and Freeman and McNary, Maumba, and Sheppard as depth I don't think we need to draft a inside linebacker at least until next year if Muamba doesn't work out and Sheppard is bad again.

You have to remember that there is only one Belichiek in the league, so this isn't a situation where under the radar guys will be key players. There's definetly something in Adongo, but I doub't he's like a future 10.5 sack a year Rush OLB like some people are predicting. There's a reason why guys like Demarcus Lawrence, Marcus Smith, and Preston Brown are getting visits with the Colts.

We definetly have some hidden gems that were un-earthed by Grigson (Rodgers, Freeman, Hilton, Sergio Brown, etc...) but the issue is that there are a lot of people here who put significant stock in every draft pick , trade, and FA signing that Grigson does. We could sign an ex-AFL RB star and people would be saying with coaching, he'll be a good change of pace back and maybe a starter.