Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Haynesworth

Mrfox

While I don't disagree. And understand the point others were making, Haynesworths football career far outweighs that of Muir and Johnson combined. The guy is certainly a nutcase but his results speak for themselves.

Have you actually looked at his stat sheet?

He's had precisely one good year. One.

So yeah, his results do speak for themselves, but not the way some of you are thinking.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you actually looked at his stat sheet?

He's had precisely one good year. One.

So yeah, his results do speak for themselves, but not the way some of you are thinking.

Compared to Muir/Johnson? Crazy talk.

Muir/Johnson combined: 89 games. 2.0 sacks. 3 pd. 142 tackles. 47 assists. 1 ff.

Haynesworth. 116 games. 30.5 sacks. 25 pd. 245 tackles. 83 assists. 6 ff. 5fr.

If you wanna take Muir or Johnson bc they are cheaper. Good locker room guys. Will try hard every play. Then I completely agree. But your never taking Muir and Hohnson bc they are BETTER than Haynesworth. Which is all I'm saying.

Edited by IndyTrav

Anything to improve this soft defense, all fans should gladly welcome. Just because someone has a big ego or bad attitude doesn’t mean that in the right situation, with the right locker room or personnel around them, they would stay a problem. If I am not mistaken the Colts have Run down defensive ends, and Pass rushing defensive ends, Albert could certainly be in a rotation on pass rushing downs if nothing else for a mere 750 K. I think he is certainly worth a look is all I am saying. He has had success in the NFL, it only takes the right circumstances to put him back on the right track. And he had interest in being a Colt before, again Mathis tried bringing him here!

Anything to improve this soft defense, all fans should gladly welcome. Just because someone has a big ego or bad attitude doesn’t mean that in the right situation, with the right locker room or personnel around them, they would stay a problem. If I am not mistaken the Colts have Run down defensive ends, and Pass rushing defensive ends, Albert could certainly be in a rotation on pass rushing downs if nothing else for a mere 750 K. I think he is certainly worth a look is all I am saying. He has had success in the NFL, it only takes the right circumstances to put him back on the right track. And he had interest in being a Colt before, again Mathis tried bringing him here!

He has had 1 good year, no production in Washington and no production in NE both with very good coaches and he was a bust, what even leads you to believe he would work out here?

Compared to Muir/Johnson? Crazy talk.

Muir/Johnson combined: 89 games. 2.0 sacks. 3 pd. 142 tackles. 47 assists. 1 ff.

Haynesworth. 116 games. 30.5 sacks. 25 pd. 245 tackles. 83 assists. 6 ff. 5fr.

If you wanna take Muir or Johnson bc they are cheaper. Good locker room guys. Will try hard every play. Then I completely agree. But your never taking Muir and Hohnson bc they are BETTER than Haynesworth. Which is all I'm saying.

Yes, they are better. You cannot put a guy on the field who can at any time just decide to stop playing. The entire defense breaks down. Muir and Johnson might not have the POTENTIAL that Haynesworth had (and yes the use of past tense is intentional) but they are certainly better players. Because you know, they actually play when they are on the field.

Haynesworth will not improve this defense.

Yes, they are better. You cannot put a guy on the field who can at any time just decide to stop playing. The entire defense breaks down. Muir and Johnson might not have the POTENTIAL that Haynesworth had (and yes the use of past tense is intentional) but they are certainly better players. Because you know, they actually play when they are on the field.

So regardless of what Haynesworth has already produced its just pushed aside since he's lazy? Not sure I understand that line of thinking. Haynesworth has proven what he can do. Muir can't keep a job with the putrid Colts.

So in 20yrs. Despite statistical numbers far exceeding, Haynesworth will have been worse than Muir/Johnson?

Is Cj spiller a better player than Oj?

I have simply argued the guy is worth a workout, because when he wants to play, he is a disruptive force! When playing, at what he is capable of, he would be the best defensive tackle on this team and its not even close.

Yeah the problem is he brings that to the workout to get a job and maybe a game or two afterwords then he quits and starts becoming an issue in the lockerroom on a team that is 0-9 and already having issues that's the last thing you do is bring a guy into the lockeroom that has a track record of casuing issues in them. Think about it, New England, a Super Bowl contending team just cut Haynesworth because of his attitude you really think his attitude is going to get better on a winless team that isn't going to the playoffs? All it will do is probably end badly and have Colts fans screaming why on earth did we sign him in the first place and forget there were people posting stuff like this and saying we should take a chance on him.

Edited by GoColts8818

Yes.

So your saying a guy playing at 50% who records 2x what the two other guys combined, at 100%, is the worse player? that's great that Muir/Johnson "try harder" but that doesn't equal success or indicate they are better. If 50% effort equates to 1 sack 3 tackles and a ff, but 100% equates to 2 tackles you'd still take 100%?

I don't agree, but to each his own I guess.

As I said if people don't want to bring him in bc he's a nut job, or lazy, or could lead to locker room dissension then I 100% agree. But to not bring him in bc 'our guys are better' then I disagree.

So your saying a guy playing at 50% who records 2x what the two other guys combined, at 100%, is the worse player? that's great that Muir/Johnson "try harder" but that doesn't equal success or indicate they are better. If 50% effort equates to 1 sack 3 tackles and a ff, but 100% equates to 2 tackles you'd still take 100%?

As I said if people don't want to bring him in bc he's a nut job, or lazy, or could lead to locker room dissension then I 100% agree. But to not bring him in bc 'our guys are better' then I disagree.

If he has the issues in the lockeroom Haynesworth has yes. That off sets the talent. If this was a talent alone question 1, Haynesworth wouldn't be on the market and 2, cleary the answer is yes you go get him which I know is what you are trying to get at. What others are saying this isn't a talent alone question and the others issues make him NFL Poision regardless of his talent.

If he has the issues in the lockeroom Haynesworth has yes. That off sets the talent. If this was a talent alone question 1, Haynesworth wouldn't be on the market and 2, cleary the answer is yes you go get him which I know is what you are trying to get at. What others are saying this isn't a talent alone question and the others issues make him NFL Poision regardless of his talent.

That's something me and others have discussed. The 'moral' aspect of the Colts. It's gotten us to where we are today. 0 9 without a speck of roster talent. But hey, they are all good guys. While everything is going good, that's ok, but at the point we are at now. It's all hands on deck. The most talented survive. Not the nicest guy.

I have simply argued the guy is worth a workout, because when he wants to play, he is a disruptive force! When playing, at what he is capable of, he would be the best defensive tackle on this team and its not even close.

Well he hasn't "wanted" to play since the Bush administration for the most part, why do you think NOW he would want to on a team HE knows isn't going to the playoffs?

Yeah the problem is he brings that to the workout to get a job and maybe a game or two afterwords then he quits and starts becoming an issue in the lockerroom on a team that is 0-9 and already having issues that's the last thing you do is bring a guy into the lockeroom that has a track record of casuing issues in them. Think about it, New England, a Super Bowl contending team just cut Haynesworth because of his attitude you really think his attitude is going to get better on a winless team that isn't going to the playoffs? All it will do is probably end badly and have Colts fans screaming why on earth did we sign him in the first place and forget there were people posting stuff like this and saying we should take a chance on him.

New England a SB contender?

he is a piece of crap, why would someone even ask should the Colts sign a player like Haynesworth

Could you please list the stats on Mr. H over the past 3 seasons? I mean I have not seen any production out of this guy in any of the past 3 NFL seasons, what leads you to believe he still got it?

Could you please list the stats on Mr. H over the past 3 seasons? I mean I have not seen any production out of this guy in any of the past 3 NFL seasons, what leads you to believe he still got it?

Sure.

6.5 sacks. 6pd. 1 fr. 43 tackles. 11 assists. 12 games started.

Muir/johnson combined 2 sacks. 2 pd. 128 tackles. 44 assists. 49 games started.

Simple. 0 9. All hands on deck.

Funny you call Haynesworth a 'piece of crap' with the recent allegations against your avatar.

the avatar is a logo of a institution not the people that have damaged their moral beliefs, judgement or have committed a crime

avatar, if you noticed before typing has a tear beside the eye expressing the sadness the fans, victims and the good people that work for Penn State

so you are disparaging an entire institution for the acts of a few,your a dioit

No not at all. I found it amusing that he didn't want a 'piece of crap' but yet his avatar he uses to represent himself has several 'pieces of crap' running the institution.

Again, we don't know the reasons why he was cut from New England..pump your brakes a little bit on assumptions before we know what the real verdict is. I am also arguing from a talent perspective, the guy is worth a look.

Actually we do.

He quit on 3 consecutive plays against the Giants (one of which directly resulted in a touchdown) and then got into a shouting match on the sidelines when confronted about it with a member of the Patriots coaching staff.

But he's Tampa's problem now. If you guys want a fat, lazy defensive tackle on the roster you'll just have to call up Corey Simon.

I'd say give him a shot, I read that the Patriots were trying to convert Albert Haynesworth into a 2 gap DT, even though they were using a 4-3. While with the Titans, Haynesworth played in a 1-gap 4-3, the same D-line scheme as we use. He still has a lot of talent, and even back when he was a free agent after Tennessee, Peyton was recruiting him to play for the colts.

I'd say give him a shot, I read that the Patriots were trying to convert Albert Haynesworth into a 2 gap DT, even though they were using a 4-3. While with the Titans, Haynesworth played in a 1-gap 4-3, the same D-line scheme as we use. He still has a lot of talent, and even back when he was a free agent after Tennessee, Peyton was recruiting him to play for the colts.

You'll have to wait for him to quit on Tampa and get cut.

EDIT: Also, Warren Sapp has to be ticked. He can't stand Haynesworth (for the same reasons I can't) and now he's playing in Warren's old position on Warren's old team.

Edited by Jaric