Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontae Johnson

i like this guy 6'1 and he has played at FS and CB. i would prefer him at safety but i think if we were gonna go offensive line with our 2nd round pick he would be great if we got him in the 5th round but i would think about drafting him in the 3rd he's versatile and can play all across the secondary. what do you think? and i would hope to draft a G like Cyril Richardson if he's there at 59.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/dontae-johnson?id=2543739

It was buried from a few weeks ago, no sweat.

People think he will be a big CB in this league but I feel he will be asked to play FS by some teams.

hopefully we can nab him in the 5th and start him at FS only if he can outplay Howell if not he'd be solid depth and ST i'd almost take another corner as well maybe Ross Cockrell in the 5th or 6th preferably the 6th and get Cyril Richardson in the 2nd,and Donte Moncrief in the 3rd if he falls to us.

I have liked the prospect of getting Dontae in the Draft for months now!  Dontae and Phillip Gaines are two people, i believe, that could be Really good

didn't know much about gaines but looked up some things on him i like his speed but seems like a small size easily injured corner,in my opinion our injury lists are long enough but as a UDFA i'd still give him a look

didn't know much about gaines but looked up some things on him i like his speed but seems like a small size easily injured corner,in my opinion our injury lists are long enough but as a UDFA i'd still give him a look

phillip gaines is 6', 193 lbs. That's not small for a NFL CB.

joe haden 5'11", 190 lbs

darrelle revis 5'11", 198 lbs

aqib talib 6'1", 205

richard sherman 6'3", 195

Gaines 3-cone 6.62, 20-yard shuffle 4.04

Revis 3-cone 6.56, 20-yard shuffle 4.08

Haden 3-cone 6.94, 20-yard shuffle 4.08

Talib 3-cone 6.82, 20 yard shuffle 4.25

Sherman 3-cone 6.72, 20 yard shuffle 4.29

i list the 3-cone and Shuffle drills b/c of something Revis said years ago about how important these 2 drills really are for CB. Phillip Gaines measures up fairly well in speed, quickness and fluidity to 4 of the best CB in the game. I don't expect him to come into the league and be the next Revis or Sherman in his Rookie year, but i do believe that with someone like Pagano, who can coach the best out of his secondary players, Gaines could be very good.

The same goes for Dontae Johnson. He's 6'2", 200 lbs. He has size and speed. After watching him play Clemson I think he would fit better as a FS in the NFL, but he has a lot of potential IMO.

phillip gaines is 6', 193 lbs. That's not small for a NFL CB.

joe haden 5'11", 190 lbs

darrelle revis 5'11", 198 lbs

aqib talib 6'1", 205

richard sherman 6'3", 195

Gaines 3-cone 6.62, 20-yard shuffle 4.04

Revis 3-cone 6.56, 20-yard shuffle 4.08

Haden 3-cone 6.94, 20-yard shuffle 4.08

Talib 3-cone 6.82, 20 yard shuffle 4.25

Sherman 3-cone 6.72, 20 yard shuffle 4.29

i list the 3-cone and Shuffle drills b/c of something Revis said years ago about how important these 2 drills really are for CB. Phillip Gaines measures up fairly well in speed, quickness and fluidity to 4 of the best CB in the game. I don't expect him to come into the league and be the next Revis or Sherman in his Rookie year, but i do believe that with someone like Pagano, who can coach the best out of his secondary players, Gaines could be very good.

wow awesome stat list i might need to go over some research again well done