Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Raiders...

IcEWoLF

Schaub wasn't the problem in Houston. He's the scapegoat but he still played better than the reserves.

Houston has deep deep issues. You can't put that all on Schaub.

I was pointing out that McKensie said if you take away Schaub's bad throws he looked alright.. Any quarterback looks alright if you take away the bad throws.

Reggie McKenzie has now come out and given an interview explaining how Valdeer and Houston got away.....

Says both basically told him they wanted out of Oakland.    Period.    In other words,  it didn't matter how much McKenzie offered them,  they weren't going to sign and they weren't coming back.

McKenzie says it hurt him deeply to lose both players like that.... tough to come to grips with....  but he's got to move on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337023/article/raiders-gm-opens-up-about-veldheer-houston-exits

Schaub wasn't the problem in Houston. He's the scapegoat but he still played better than the reserves.

Houston has deep deep issues. You can't put that all on Schaub.

I'm pretty sure you can nail him with the what 6 game pick six streak. And a few of those games they were winning before he threw them. Schaub is bad.

You know who proved you can't make it to the playoffs with a bad quarterback.  The 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.  How many pro-bowlers did that team have on it?  And only 2 wins to show for it?

The Tim Tebow Broncos and Rex Grossman Bears contradict this statement.

The Tim Tebow Broncos and Rex Grossman Bears contradict this statement.

And they did it on the backs of extremely strong defenses.  I don't remember the Rex Grossman Bears because I wasn't much of an NFL fan at the time.

The Tebow Bronco's though, if I remember right the majority of the games he won neither team scored more then 20 points.  

Raider have had a fine offseason. They've added Justin Tuck, Antonio Smith, Lamaar Woodley, Tarrell Brown, James Jones and Matt Schaub.

I don't know what people expected. Those are all fine players for modest contracts.

They improved.....they got veterans from teams that have won....

They were slow starting in free agency but they ended up with a better team..and I think they still have their No.1 draft choice to pick

And they did it on the backs of extremely strong defenses.  I don't remember the Rex Grossman Bears because I wasn't much of an NFL fan at the time.

The Tebow Bronco's though, if I remember right the majority of the games he won neither team scored more then 20 points.  

Ok,   but that has nothing to do with your statement. You said you cant make the playoffs with a bad QB.

and furthermore i have to ask how old you are.  Because Grossman bears was just back in 2006...thats not that long ago.  So either your old enough to have really gotten into it and understand it at the time, or you just recently (comparatively speaking) gotten into it.  If the latter is the case, you dont have much room to be making some of the comments your making as you dont have much knowledge.   just pointing out an observation.

Ok,   but that has nothing to do with your statement. You said you cant make the playoffs with a bad QB.

and furthermore i have to ask how old you are.  Because Grossman bears was just back in 2006...thats not that long ago.  So either your old enough to have really gotten into it and understand it at the time, or you just recently (comparatively speaking) gotten into it.  If the latter is the case, you dont have much room to be making some of the comments your making as you dont have much knowledge.   just pointing out an observation.

I'm old enough to have seen it, will be 32 in a couple of months.  I remember watching that SB too.  I just wasn't an NFL fan at the time.  So the only game I saw of them was that SB.

Also I believe from what I've heard about Grossman isn't that he's necessarily bad it's that he's extremely inconsistent.  

That having been said it's not typical for a team to get to the playoffs without a decent QB.  And doing so requires the talent around him to be extremely strong.  

The Raiders don't have that.

I'm old enough to have seen it, will be 32 in a couple of months.  I remember watching that SB too.  I just wasn't an NFL fan at the time.  So the only game I saw of them was that SB.

Also I believe from what I've heard about Grossman isn't that he's necessarily bad it's that he's extremely inconsistent.  

That having been said it's not typical for a team to get to the playoffs without a decent QB.  And doing so requires the talent around him to be extremely strong.  

The Raiders don't have that.

Your right.  I was just having fun.  as soon as i saw that one statement, that video popped up in my head.  Raiders have more issues than just QB to be a decent team to make the playoffs. 

By the way, Valdheer has now come out and refuted McKenzie's claim that he wanted out of Oakland and was not interested in any offer the Raiders would make for him.

Valdheer says he and his agent got no offer -- had no real contact -- for almost the entire off-season leading up to the FA signing period...   and then suddenly,  there was a contract offer.    A low-ball contract offer.    Not enough years or dollars.

They went elsewhere.

This is just getting worse and worse for McKenzie who feels as if he's in way, way over his head.