Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davis deal looks much better tonight!

loudnproudcolt

Yes he Better be good all the time now And even better than good,,,,,,,,,,,,,Davis is way to inconsistent -Only thing is he is young so hope he gets more consistent and is good for years to come,,,I personally would of rather had Talib I think he is one of the best in the NFL he shut down all the teams best receivers and tight ends as well (ie) Jimmy Gramm,,,,,,,,,,,,,We should of signed Talib as well Talib is a premare corner,,,,,,,,,He is up to the challenge of taking away teams best receivers and succeeds -Big mis-stake to let Talib get away from us

talib is injured so often, Samuel L Jackson is going to play him in the "Aqib Talib Story"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talib is injured so often, Samuel L Jackson is going to play him in the "Aqib Talib Story"

He doesn't want to be injured all the time,,,,,,,,,Those are things that happen -Did/Does Dwight Freeney  want to be injured those are just the brakes of the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,V.Davis plays like a girl a lot of plays and gets flagged when he is getting burned by other teams receivers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats the difference then?..........Talib is a much,much better player than Davis.........

He doesn't want to be injured all the time,,,,,,,,,Those are things that happen -Did/Does Dwight Freeney want to be injured those are just the brakes of the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,V.Davis plays like a girl a lot of plays and gets flagged when he is getting burned by other teams receivers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats the difference then?..........Talib is a much,much better player than Davis.........

No he's not

He doesn't want to be injured all the time,,,,,,,,,Those are things that happen -Did/Does Dwight Freeney want to be injured those are just the brakes of the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,V.Davis plays like a girl a lot of plays and gets flagged when he is getting burned by other teams receivers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats the difference then?..........Talib is a much,much better player than Davis.........

That is your opinion. There are professional evaluators who don't share your opinion

He doesn't want to be injured all the time,,,,,,,,,Those are things that happen -Did/Does Dwight Freeney  want to be injured those are just the brakes of the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,V.Davis plays like a girl a lot of plays and gets flagged when he is getting burned by other teams receivers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats the difference then?..........Talib is a much,much better player than Davis.........

Two words......Devin McCourty.

Yes he Better be good all the time now And even better than good,,,,,,,,,,,,,Davis is way to inconsistent -Only thing is he is young so hope he gets more consistent and is good for years to come,,,I personally would of rather had Talib I think he is one of the best in the NFL he shut down all the  teams best receivers and tight ends as well (ie) Jimmy Gramm,,,,,,,,,,,,,We should of signed Talib as well Talib is a premare corner,,,,,,,,,He  is up to the challenge of taking away teams best receivers and succeeds -Big mis-stake to let Talib get away from us

So you are in favor of paying more than Denver did for Talib?

I doubt Pats sign Revis. Not their style to pay the most at the CB spot. The last time they did was Ty Law many moons ago. But if they do then he is worth more than Talib anyways. I still can't believe he got all the guaranteed money. Insane.

Oops. Guess your predictor's broke. Turns out signing Revis is their style.

As I said he would be. That is why I didn't think the Pats were in the cards. Both them and Revis went out of form on this one. Good for them. That is why FA is so much fun. Huge risk by Revis on one year deal ....

I don't think it was so out of form for the Pats as you think. And I'm guessing this is as someone suggested above... In part due to Brady nearing the end of his career.

I don't think it was so out of form for the Pats as you think. And I'm guessing this is as someone suggested above... In part due to Brady nearing the end of his career.

Paying a player the highest money for his position is out of form for the Pats. But for sure Revis is taking the much bigger risk playing on a one year deal.

Don't think Brady factors in at all. Once Talib was gone, they were able to sign the best CB in the league. You do that every time.

Paying a player the highest money for his position is out of form for the Pats. But for sure Revis is taking the much bigger risk playing on a one year deal.

Don't think Brady factors in at all. Once Talib was gone, they were able to sign the best CB in the league. You do that every time.

I don't recall every NE signing over the years, but Junior Seau and Adelius Thomas stand out in my memory as big splash signings. The fact that AT didn't pan out isn't relevant. It isn't that out of character.

I don't recall every NE signing over the years, but Junior Seau and Adelius Thomas stand out in my memory as big splash signings. The fact that AT didn't pan out isn't relevant. It isn't that out of character.

I am not sure. I think Seau was on a vet deal. Certainly not the highest paid at his position as he was old when the Pats got him.

Thomas may have been up there. It was a big deal but not sure if he was the highest at this position. May have been.

I am not sure. I think Seau was on a vet deal. Certainly not the highest paid at his position as he was old when the Pats got him.

Thomas may have been up there. It was a big deal but not sure if he was the highest at this position. May have been.

Somehow it feels like we are talking in circles. Someone said the Talib deal was evidence that the Broncos were "all in" for a championship before Manning retires, and it was suggested the Pats might do the same for Brady. You said there was no way the Pats would do that kind of deal.

They did, by nabbing Revis, as I specifically suggested they would. And they've made similar acquisitions in the past. I never said anything about "highest paid at position"... that was your addition.

Whether or not the Revis deal means anything about the Pats being all in... Frankly I don't really care. I just thought it was interesting that you seemed so sure it wasn't their way... until it was.

Somehow it feels like we are talking in circles. Someone said the Talib deal was evidence that the Broncos were "all in" for a championship before Manning retires, and it was suggested the Pats might do the same for Brady. You said there was no way the Pats would do that kind of deal.

They did, by nabbing Revis, as I specifically suggested they would. And they've made similar acquisitions in the past. I never said anything about "highest paid at position"... that was your addition.

Whether or not the Revis deal means anything about the Pats being all in... Frankly I don't really care. I just thought it was interesting that you seemed so sure it wasn't their way... until it was.

I didn't realize you were referencing a discussion from yesterday. I had already said that I didn't see Revis signing a one year deal, no one did. So I was more wrong about him then the Pats. I don't think the Pats would have signed him to a multi-year, lots of guaranteed money deal. Goes to show how hard it is to predict a player's mindset.

I didn't realize you were referencing a discussion from yesterday. I had already said that I didn't see Revis signing a one year deal, no one did.

Uhmmmm...

What are you going to say when the Pats pay EVEN MORE for Revis later this afternoon?

Huh? The Pats did not pay anywhere close to Revis that the Broncos paid for Talib. Pats on the hook for 12 and one year. Broncos gave out 26 mil guaranteed and 9.5 over six.

so as you suggest, Talib is getting a shade under 10 in 2014, Revis is getting 12.

I can't claim to be Euclid or anything, but to my mind 12 > 10. Could be wrong, tho.

so as you suggest, Talib is getting a shade under 10 in 2014, Revis is getting 12.

I can't claim to be Euclid or anything, but to my mind 12 > 10. Could be wrong, tho.

Your math is off big time. Talib signed a SIX year deal at 9.5 mil and 26 guaranteed. Revis is getting 12 total for one year. 26 mil and 9.5 over six years > 12 mil.

Your math is off big time. Talib signed a SIX year deal at 9.5 mil and 26 guaranteed. Revis is getting 12 total for one year. 26 mil and 9.5 over six years > 12 mil.

So by your logic, if you have a job paying $96k a year, but you are technically under contract for 6 years, that means you are making more than someone who is only under contract for one year making $120k that year? I suppose if the second person never gets another job in their life, that makes some kind of twisted sense.

I'm not arguing that the OVERALL contract is larger. I'm saying Revis is making more this year.

Under the 2014 cap, barring a front loaded structuring of Talib's contract (which I doubt, with all the money Denver is spending this offseason), Revis is making more this next year.

So by your logic, if you have a job paying $96k a year, but you are technically under contract for 6 years, that means you are making more than someone who is only under contract for one year making $120k that year? I suppose if the second person never gets another job in their life, that makes some kind of twisted sense.

Under the 2014 cap, barring a front loaded structuring of Talib's contract (which I doubt, with all the money Denver is spending this offseason), Revis is making more this next year.

Do you know how football contracts work? Talib got $26 mil guaranteed. It is in his pocket right now. And on top of the 26, Talib will also get 9.5 for playing in 2014. So that is 35.5 mil at 2014 season end for him and 12 mil for Revis. And at that point, Talib is still under contract and will count against he cap for the Broncos if they release him, whereas the Pats will own Revis nothing and also get a compensatory pick for him should he sign with another team.

I'm not arguing that the OVERALL contract is larger. I'm saying Revis is making more this year.

don't try taking logic with this guy

Do you know how football contracts work? Talib got $26 mil guaranteed. It is in his pocket right now. And on top of the 26, Talib will also get 9.5 for playing in 2014. So that is 35.5 mil at 2014 season end for him and 12 mil for Revis. And at that point, Talib is still under contract and will count against he cap for the Broncos if they release him, whereas the Pats will own Revis nothing and also get a compensatory pick for him should he sign with another team.

So you know the terms? I think all that depends heavily on what kind of bonuses are offered, and how the guarantees are defined. You are right if it was all set up as a signing bonus, but that isn't the only way that cat could be skinned.

So you know the terms? I think all that depends heavily on what kind of bonuses are offered, and how the guarantees are defined. You are right if it was all set up as a signing bonus, but that isn't the only way that cat could be skinned.

Yep. That was what was reported but I am sure the nitty gritty will come out in the next few days. We can resume then.  ;)  Been good chatting with you. Like numbers talk a lot.

And while you are trying to get all condescending with me, let me return the favor... do you know how contracts work? It isn't 9.6M per PLUS 26M guaranteed. It's 57M total over 6 years, of which 26M is guaranteed. So it is highly unlikely to be 26+9.5 in 2014 as you've described. If (big IF) the 26M is up front, then his avg. per year drops to just over 5M.

i will reserve judgement on the contract until the details are released. i don't think he is one of the top cb's in the nfl, so it seems a little rich for my liking. there are still some corners out there that may be slightly lower rated, but much cheaper. i probably would have gone for two of them at a much cheaper price instead. i am with bill polian on the signing of first day free agents, but i dissagreed with the way he signed his own free agents (he greatly over payed in most cases).

as far as taleb/revis discussion. the pats are only on the hook for one year, so i would have to go with that deal over the broncos deal.

And while you are trying to get all condescending with me, let me return the favor... do you know how contracts work? It isn't 9.6M per PLUS 26M guaranteed. It's 57M total over 6 years, of which 26M is guaranteed. So it is highly unlikely to be 26+9.5 in 2014 as you've described. If (big IF) the 26M is up front, then his avg. per year drops to just over 5M.

Yep. You are right. The 26 comes off if it is signing bonus. My mistake.

But honestly I am not sure what we are even arguing anymore. I already admitted that I did not see the Pats singing Revis for a multi-year, big money guarantee deal. The Pats signing them for one year makes perfect sense for them as they are not on the hook long term for a player that likes to hold out for more money and the 12 is 4 mil lower then his deal in TB. It is the Revis side that is shocking IMO. Did not think he would sign a one year deal with any team.

So you are in favor of paying more than Denver did for Talib?

I mean Talib is the #2 cover guy in FA,,,,,Maybe the #1 Revis has o prove he still has it after the injury,,,,,,,,,If we had signed Talib we'd of been virtually just about able to shut one side of the field down and make teams more one dimensional

I mean Talib is the #2 cover guy in FA,,,,,Maybe the #1 Revis has o prove he still has it after the injury,,,,,,,,,If we had signed Talib we'd of been virtually just about able to shut one side of the field down and make teams more one dimensional

Check Revis' stats vs Talib last year and also games played.

That is your opinion. There are professional evaluators who don't share your opinion

If so why'd Denver pay Talib that much money??????? And Davis yes has blown many coverage's on receivers And many times looks like he doesn't know wth is going on in the play then gives that stupid smile w/ that mouth piece that's yellowish

Denver and NE paid big time for both these 2ndary guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,They are neck in neck w/ talent There is a reason NE and Denver paid the way they did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Denver overpaid for the 58th ranked corner who misses games ever year. NE paid top dollar for the #1 ranked corner who only missed time two years ago when he blew out his ACL. I didn't want the Colts to get either player as Davis is younger and fits our team. Keep what you have and go forward.

Denver overpaid for the 58th ranked corner who misses games ever year. NE paid top dollar for the #1 ranked corner who only missed time two years ago when he blew out his ACL. I didn't want the Colts to get either player as Davis is younger and fits our team. Keep what you have and go forward.

True but problem is Davis is good but he isn't anywhere as good as either Revis or Talib......And the Colts can't afford to get burned on the long ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like we did last year and in the playoffs Also we got nailed w/ the run in the playoffs too-Colts can't keep up w/ elite teams when we get burned like Blount did to us in playoffs Nor can we play afford to get burned by the long ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

True but problem is Davis is good but he isn't anywhere as good as either Revis or Talib......And the Colts can't afford to get burned on the long ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like we did last year and in the playoffs Also we got nailed w/ the run in the playoffs too-Colts can't keep up w/ elite teams when we get burned like Blount did to us in playoffs Nor can we play afford to get burned by the long ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lots of holes to fill for sure. Need Davis and that is what the market was commanding. Glad we didn't overpay for Talib and Revis would have been too much as doubt he would have came here on a one year deal and a one year deal is not in our best interest anyways. But still a long way to go in FA and the draft. 

Lots of holes to fill for sure. Need Davis and that is what the market was commanding. Glad we didn't overpay for Talib and Revis would have been too much as doubt he would have came here on a one year deal and a one year deal is not in our best interest anyways. But still a long way to go in FA and the draft. 

There is a long way to go in FA and until the draft,But if we don't make the correct FA moves we are going to be behind other teams that made more and the correct moves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Already we are behind Patriots and Denver in moves in FA............And should we have got Steve Smith over H.Nicks??????????? ......................I'd like seeing us get Jared Allen,,,,,,,,,Or another DE in FA sign them to a 1 yr deal or 2yr deal,,,,,,,,,,,,We need a stronger RUSH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not sure we got enough w/ D.Jackson we need anther rush presents on the DL  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a long way to go in FA and until the draft,But if we don't make the correct FA moves we are going to be behind other teams that made more and the correct moves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Already we are behind Patriots and Denver in moves in FA............And should we have got Steve Smith over H.Nicks??????????? ......................I'd like seeing us get Jared Allen,,,,,,,,,Or another DE in FA sign them to a 1 yr deal or 2yr deal,,,,,,,,,,,,We need a stronger RUSH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not sure we got enough w/ D.Jackson we need anther rush presents on the DL  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still more to go. And not sure we could have made any moves to push past Denver or NE this off-season but that does not mean we will not contend and push them either. I like Nicks over Smith as he is younger and less of a head ache. I want a pass rusher too but paramount is a good draft. Last year the Jets got the defensive rookie of the year in Sheldon. We need some hits like that on both sides of the ball.

Still more to go. And not sure we could have made any moves to push past Denver or NE this off-season but that does not mean we will not contend and push them either. I like Nicks over Smith as he is younger and less of a head ache. I want a pass rusher too but paramount is a good draft. Last year the Jets got the defensive rookie of the year in Sheldon. We need some hits like that on both sides of the ball.

But getting that Revis , Talib they are game changers,,,Look at when the Pats got R.Moss,,He was the difference breaker in our games w/ the Pats,,,,,,,,,,We'll contend but when the 2nd round of the playoffs comes we may get a repeat of last year w/ a loss to NE.Hate to say it,,,,,,,,,On the other had I do believe we can handle Denver,,,,,,,PM is more susatable to defensive guys in his face and breaking his rhythme