Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OLine Options Left

lennymoore24

I know in a perfect world, the Colts would like to see Thomas LG Holmes C Thornton RG.  And hope they do well.  And never get hurt.  But that is risking a lot since the last two years have been horrible up front.  All the top rated guards are gone.  It is a bit worrisome.  I would like to see more players signed here for competition that may start or at least be ready to start.

I'm not one to think they will sign a guy like Mack.  Signing Mack is saying Holmes was a wasted pick, because he will never play.  They must feel he is do something.

We can still get who I've wanted all along. Dietrich Smith and Wharton. Wharton would push Thornton, and Dietrich Smith is one of the best all around centers IMO. I'm worried about it actually. I thought we would get a center quick.

I would feel real confident about our O-line if we picked up Dietrich-Smith and Wharton. I would venture to guess Wharton would start over Thornton. If he plays like he did in Carolina last year he's miles ahead of Thornton. Of course he's old and we'd probably only get 2 years out of him.

Im really not all that worried about our o-line. Mainly because none of us have any idea how good holmes is... if we move on with what we have i wouldn't be displeased...

So last year they wouldn't play Holmes because they wanted Satele to play himself out of Indy? Somehow I'm just not buying it.

I know Grigs thinks O-Line is a tough transition, but to think that a player learns via osmosis is plain dumb. They Pags & Grigs) really missed the boat by not giving him any time last year, in my opinion.