Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos sign TJ Ward

Hamster360

Lol yes he is. I can tell you don't watch much football. 

No he's not. You paid $7M+ for a penalty magnet that's had one good year in coverage (contract year at that).

Doesn't matter, it's not like safety was the difference between you making or missing the playoffs. 

Broncos got the better deal, and the better player, I'm sure that they wanteed to re-sign Ward but he wanted to play for a competetive franchise.

which one was a second team all pro last year?

Second team all pro, cool, thanks for that riveting information. That changed my mind about a player I've seen every snap of his entire career. 

BiijnfCCMAAV6nI_zpsa03c373e.png

Strong Safety: Eric Berry (KC)

A new type of safety, Berry would often spend his time in the box to make him a fourth linebacker for the Chiefs in their dime package, while just as able to cover a tight end or back in man coverage or play the deep safety role. A truly complete player. On the second team the work of Whitner in coverage (a weakness heading into the year) got him the nod over T.J. Ward.

Second Team: Donte Whitner (SF)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/06/2013-pff-all-pro-team/2/

Also the eye test. I watched every single game TJ Ward has EVER played in the pro's, have you? He can't cover anyone, in a passing league. 

No he's not. You paid $7M+ for a penalty magnet that's had one good year in coverage (contract year at that).

Doesn't matter, it's not like safety was the difference between you making or missing the playoffs. 

Broncos got the better deal, and the better player, I'm sure that they wanteed to re-sign Ward but he wanted to play for a competetive franchise.

All of that might be true, withe the exception that Ward is a better player. Players don't take less money than they are worth and certainly not guys coming off their rookie contract. He wasn't worth 7m, so he didn't get it because he isn't as good. 

Not sure how you're not understanding this...

Second team all pro, cool, thanks for that riveting information. That changed my mind about a player I've seen every snap of his entire career. 

BiijnfCCMAAV6nI_zpsa03c373e.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/06/2013-pff-all-pro-team/2/

Also the eye test. I watched every single game TJ Ward has EVER played in the pro's, have you? He can't cover anyone, in a passing league. 

There is no such thing as the eye test././..that's sports talk ...meaning 'when I saw him he did this';

Ward is a solid player...'he cant cover anyone' is innacurate.....isn't it

It's an exaggeration. Ward is a solid player, he's just over rated.

and yes there absolutely is the eye test. The problem is, 90% of people watching, have never played the game at any level, ever and they are the first ones to mouth off. 

Go look at the Trent Richardson threads when he was first traded and what I had to say about him. I was very critical of his vision and speed when he was first traded. 90% of posters here cried like big babies and said I was just mad and bitter.....well, he does suck, he does lack vision and speed. Not a coincidence, I know what I'm looking at. 

yes the 9ers actually let whitner go to sign Bethea, so they think Bethea is better than whitner as well. Thanks for pointing that out

That just shows you how little you actually know about football. It's actually quite sad. I think you should watch a couple of games aside from Colt games.