Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Karlos Dansby a Brown

Drewbacca

The way I understand it is players cant have any contact at all with teams....other then the one they are currently under contract for prior to hitting FA, Agents cant have any face to face contact with potential teams for his clients......So that leaves the phone and Agents, So Im assuming it was a verbal agreement given to Dansbys Agent and relayed to the Browns through that Agent over the phone

Whitner is bigger, better in coverage, and, despite 4 more years in the league, only a year older than Ward.

Maybe all true. 1 for 1 swap outs like this are always the most interesting moves this time of year to me.  Also the most revealing of how little we sometimes know about the real scouting report on high profile players.  The 49'ers swapped out Whitner for Bethea in what looks like a purposeful mannner (similar money) and most Colts fans would have preferred Whitner.

Really interesting that they prefer Whitner to Ward for similar money.

You do not know it will be similar money until he lands somewhere. Ward is very over rated, Whitner and Ward are probably a wash. I bet Ward gets more money too.

Add to that, Whitner wanted to come to Cleveland and Ward wanted out. 

As Far as Dansby, he has gotten better each of the last 4 seasons and was a beast last year. 4 years might be a bit long but he is an upgrade on what Dquell was and a massive upgrade over what we had....nothing..

Maybe all true. 1 for 1 swap outs like this are always the most interesting moves this time of year to me.  Also the most revealing of how little we sometimes know about the real scouting report on high profile players.  The 49'ers swapped out Whitner for Bethea in what looks like a purposeful mannner (similar money) and most Colts fans would have preferred Whitner.

Whitner graded out way, way better than Bethea. That is a serious downgrade for the 9ners.