Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes [Merge]

Irish Colt

If we keep him for Center depth, eventually we will suffer an injury somewhere else along the line and we'll see his lame tail in there screwing everything up again.

I'd rather dump him outright and force a new direction. Sometimes good enough is the enemy of better.

You make a good case. I was just thinking that the line play seemed better when McGlynn was in there vs Satele but that isn't saying anything so ya you're right.

^Yes this^

I'm not saying let McGlynn back into any other position than Center. You know how bad Satele was when people ask for McGlynn to start over him lol. 

Sad you people totally discount Austin as our backup Center. Most Sundays the backup will probably be Donald Thomas actually.

Holmes got in a couple plays in our playoff game. One at guard and he Dominated his man. One at Center and he got down 5 yards or so and perfectly wiped out the LB.

All this Gab about going out and picking up one of these UDFA guys who finally did something in year 4 - good grief, Holmes is gonna kill.

Blame his wait where it BELONGS, the COACH & GM.

I am not rolling out the royal carpet for Holmes at this point for 2 plays in a playoff game. Honestly I am a show me guy and haven't seen enough to be comfortable with him to start at this point. I did what what I saw from Austin in pre season last year. probable should have made the active roster! I don't want to go out & pay big money on a High priced center. Would be OK with bringing McGlynn back to compete at center though.

Why anybody on this board would feel comfortable appointing him the starter is beyond me.

We've barely seen the guy play in the NFL. Holmes didn't take over last year even after Satele performed so poorly that you could argue he's the worst starting center in the NFL.  Why is that? I don't know, but it sure doesn't make me excited about the prospect of Holmes starting.

Either the coaches were seriously holding out on us last year or the guy sucks.

Agree

Under no circumstances do I want Mike McGlynn back in a Colts uniform next season. I think both Satele and McGlynn can look... not horrible with decent guard play around them, but the fact still remains that they were, hands down, 2 of the worst starting linemen in the league the past 2 seasons. They both need to go. No to McGlynn as a backup or, God forbid, anything else

I am not rolling out the royal carpet for Holmes at this point for 2 plays in a playoff game. Honestly I am a show me guy and haven't seen enough to be comfortable with him to start at this point. I did what what I saw from Austin in pre season last year. probable should have made the active roster! I don't want to go out & pay big money on a High priced center. Would be OK with bringing McGlynn back to compete at center though.

You must be related to him. ;)  No reason Austin wouldn`t be his equal at Center and maybe Austin could at least be able to play guard. I don`t Ever want to watch McGlynn take another snap at Guard.

Not that McGlynn didn`t make me Wonder why Satele was ever hired.

So is Holmes going to be our guy at Center this year?

I know we're just minutes away from free agency, but I haven't heard a thing regarding the Colts targeting any of the free agent Centers in the last couple days.

Either way, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

So is Holmes going to be our guy at Center this year?

I know we're just minutes away from free agency, but I haven't heard a thing regarding the Colts targeting any of the free agent Centers in the last couple days.

Either way, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

If Holmes can be the franchise C that we want to have, then that would be a HUGE plus for us.  That is one less hole to fill and more money to spend elsewhere.  

I think part of sitting Holmes out for his first year might have had something to do with the Center typically making the line calls, which would be a huge jump for a rookie center next to another rookie Guard. While McGlynn might have been able to do the job of calling the plays from guard, I think it'd be more difficult with two rookies in the middle.

Or not. What do I really know?