Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think we had a chance at the Super Bowl?

bap1331

We had a small chance to win.  Unfortunately, we would be going into every play-off game with a very small margin for error on offense.  The defense was just plain awful,  Possibly one of the worst defenses to get into the play-offs since....  one of the other Colts teams from yesteryear.  It would have been very painful to get to the AFCCG or Superbowl, only to watch our defense get smoked for four quarters.

Can't say enough about the QBing here in Indy for the last 16 years (sans 2011), it has spoiled this fan base.

I'm happy for this team.  They definitely have over-achieved for two years in a row.  

We had a small chance to win.  Unfortunately, we would be going into every play-off game with a very small margin for error on offense.  The defense was just plain awful,  Possibly one of the worst defenses to get into the play-offs since....  one of the other Colts teams from yesteryear.  It would have been very painful to get to the AFCCG or Superbowl, only to watch our defense get smoked for four quarters.

Can't say enough about the QBing here in Indy for the last 16 years (sans 2011), it has spoiled this fan base.

I'm happy for this team.  They definitely have over-achieved for two years in a row.  

Yeah, if it wasn't for Andrew we would have struggled both years to get to .500 and probably not made it.

I think we had a small chance, probably 20-30% chance of making the super bowl if I had to take an educated guess. When I look at the offensive talent on Denver and the number of ways they can beat you, I think very teams could have gone in there today and won. New England was probably the one team that could have realistically done it. They were the hottest team in the AFC going into this game. Had they been playing at home, the results would have certainly been different. The Colts clearly were not ready this year. I felt there was an outside chance they would shock the world, but there were just too many obstacles to overcome.