Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell's Coaching

scorptile

7 Offensive penalties in a little over 1 quarter. 1 blocked kick for td. What has happened to our team. I just can't figure out why our team stinks this bad. I am a loyal Colts fan but I am very confused this season. Just can't believe losing Manning would cause the team to be this bad in every category. Where is our discipline, heart, athleticism, professionalism, leadership, and pride? I am sick to my stomach every Sunday watching the team I love perform this bad. Where do we go from here?

7 Offensive penalties in a little over 1 quarter. 1 blocked kick for td. What has happened to our team. I just can't figure out why our team stinks this bad. I am a loyal Colts fan but I am very confused this season. Just can't believe losing Manning would cause the team to be this bad in every category. Where is our discipline, heart, athleticism, professionalism, leadership, and pride? I am sick to my stomach every Sunday watching the team I love perform this bad. Where do we go from here?

did you know all those points you just pointed out falls onto the head coach? but lets try to keep this on topic please.

Sorry to original post, I got so caught up in my complaining I forgot to respond to OP. Caldwell has to bear quite a bit of the Colts performance this season and especially today. Coming off a 62-3 beat down, I expected the Colts to be ready and fired up. Instead we get penalties and poor execution. Caldwell has to go. This is not a pro football caliber coach. Take the rest of the staff with you.

Caldwell is awful, Spagnola and Spirano (sp?) would be better than this chump. Anyone who uses the argument about the guy going to the super bowl his first year is just fishing for positives. 1 of the 3 stooges could have taken that team to the super bowl, what never follows that "took them to superbowl" argument is the fact that his poor coaching cost us that game!!

Jim has to go, The team looks flat out bad every week, Now we are rank 32, out of 32 teams.

It's not just the fact that we look flat every week, it's the fact that we look worse and worse every single week. We are regressing badly. I honestly think the players have given up on Caldwell. I'm sure he's a real nice guy but if he is still coaching this team after this season...

oh but *in caldwells voice* we need to just play sharper and not make these mistakes and well be better.....

I am to to the point that i think the polians should be fired as well.This is a complete disgrace from the front office to the coaching staff.I do not want to hear about injuries,everybody has them.I am talking about winning one friggen game,here. Edited by coltfaninnewyork

It's not just the fact that we look flat every week, it's the fact that we look worse and worse every single week. We are regressing badly. I honestly think the players have given up on Caldwell. I'm sure he's a real nice guy but if he is still coaching this team after this season...

after this season? they are already not beiing coached by him that is why they just plain suck. btw st louis 17 no 0, miami winning 17-10 and we are losing 0-20 but yet those other two coaches were on the hot seat and no mention about ours.....

after this season? they are already not beiing coached by him that is why they just plain suck. btw st louis 17 no 0, miami winning 17-10 and we are losing 0-20 but yet those other two coaches were on the hot seat and no mention about ours.....

As much as I hate to say it...they probably won't fire him mid-season.

hooray for kicking field goals with the ball on the 3 yard line down 20-0 with a record of 0-7. Caldwell, you suck.

With the way our offense has played today, you honestly think we could have gotten the three yards for the score? Any coach would have kicked a field goal in that situation.

I can't stand Caldwell either, but let's at least be reasonable here.

Caldwell is awful, Spagnola and Spirano (sp?) would be better than this chump. Anyone who uses the argument about the guy going to the super bowl his first year is just fishing for positives. 1 of the 3 stooges could have taken that team to the super bowl, what never follows that "took them to superbowl" argument is the fact that his poor coaching cost us that game!!

And the Jet playoff game.

Oh how the times have changed. Two weeks ago people were jumping up left and right to defend Caldwell, saying how he lead us to the SB, and got us to the playoffs the next year. Now.......everyone wants his head on a stick. SMH You know, some of us knew Caldwell was a bad coach before the SB.

With the way our offense has played today, you honestly think we could have gotten the three yards for the score? Any coach would have kicked a field goal in that situation.

I can't stand Caldwell either, but let's at least be reasonable here.

at 0-7 you make any kind of call to try and get your team some chances........be it going for it on fourth down or a challenge that you could lose......just to show you actually care and are trying

at 0-7 you make any kind of call to try and get your team some chances........be it going for it on fourth down or a challenge that you could lose......just to show you actually care and are trying

The game was not out of control at that point. It was only 20-0 very early in the third quarter and there was no reason trying to get all crazy and go for it on 4th down like the game was on the line. Take the 3 points and get the defense to make some stops.

Thank god you're not a head coach!

To say the game was not out of control at 20-0 is utterly dumb. I'm sorry, but it is. When has the offense, less Manning, shown that it is capable of putting up 20 points in a half? When? I want to know.

Newsflash for you Trueblue, the game was very much on the line. In less of course, you already conceded defeat at that point, which is obviously what caldwell did prior to taking the field today.

Edited by sfergson727