Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold Statement: Trent Richardson will be Comeback Player of the Year 2014

Caleb3502

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would honestly be surprised if Richardson does much better than he did this yr. even with a better O-line. He just isn't very good, has no vision, no creativity, and no speed. It would almost be hard for him to do any worse than this yr., but I think those that still believe this guy is the stud RB many thought he was...are going to be highly disappointed.

Those weren't the only 2 options. Could have found someone else for a second or 3rd round pick. They might not have had the flashy 3rd overall selection moniker, but they could have still been a solid back.

And we were even stupider for giving a first rounder to them, at least they got something in return. 

Wait, where is the trusty response from someone that ''these people are paid to make these decisions, so they must know way more than anyone else that watches the game." ?Because they are paid to make these decisions, kind of like coaches, doesn't that mean they know more than anyone else? Ryan Leaf, Trent Richardson, Akili Smith were all decisions made by someone that is paid to make these decisions, so they must have been right.

Trent is certainly interesting to think about moving forward.

I personally think he will be better next year, and I can agree when people say that he didn't show anything this season and why believe in him...

The RB position is like the stock market, nobody knows how players will turn out. Some are busts right off the bat like Lawrence Phillips, and Keejuana Carter. Some are considered busts and turn out to be really good like Marshawn Lynch or Tiki Barber. Some are great throughout their careers like Emmitt Smith or Marshall Faulk. And some start out great and flame out within 3 years like Cadillac Williams, or Icky Woods.

Only Trent really knows how good he can be.

Trent is certainly interesting to think about moving forward.

I personally think he will be better next year, and I can agree when people say that he didn't show anything this season and why believe in him...

The RB position is like the stock market, nobody knows how players will turn out. Some are busts right off the bat like Lawrence Phillips, and Keejuana Carter. Some are considered busts and turn out to be really good like Marshawn Lynch or Tiki Barber. Some are great throughout their careers like Emmitt Smith or Marshall Faulk. And some start out great and flame out within 3 years like Cadillac Williams, or Icky Woods.

Only Trent really knows how good he can be.

Tiki didn't really do anything until his fourth year in the NFL in 2000.

I would honestly be surprised if Richardson does much better than he did this yr. even with a better O-line. He just isn't very good, has no vision, no creativity, and no speed. It would almost be hard for him to do any worse than this yr., but I think those that still believe this guy is the stud RB many thought he was...are going to be highly disappointed.

It would be hard to be as bad as he was this year. I think Trent's main problem is he tries to make these highlight real moves & the the guy is just a north south runner period. Hit the hole and gooooo! Instead he makes dance moves trying to make some great play. I don't think he has great vision, tries too hard if possible, does have some power, can catch the ball,  has almost no wiggle although he thinks he does, and his speed is not that of a top back IMO. As far as a come back year what would you base it on? Honestly has this guy every arrived?

Idk guys Donald Brown was way better than T-Rich.  It looks like our front office has let us down by giving away a number 1 pick for this guy.  If we are really honest our front office is really only deemed good bc we had the top picks when the best QBs were coming out in Manning and Luck (2 can't miss QBs).  I think we may have thrown our 2011 season for Luck though but hey we got em.

I cannot believe how many ppl wash Trents balls on this board. The guy showed NOTHING whatsoever since hes been with the Colts. If he had the talent to cut it in this league he'd have given us a glimpse somewhere. In 14 games his long run was 22 yards, a 2.9yr per average. Thats pathetic.

The guy was drafted #3 because the Alabama O-line was blowing open holes you and I could run through.

I'd have to agree with some of what your saying. An elite can do anything with little or next to nothing. He has to make plays no matter what's in his way.