Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10 Weeks Ago P-Money Goat And Now He's Old And Feeble?

mightisright

I don't get it! Just a few months ago we were all (even with his 2nd neck surgery) all talking Peyton Manning's the GOAT and he'll lead us to another SB. And now he's old, feeble, and past his time. His window has closed. He's done. PEOPLE, we don't know what's going to happen! But considering he lost, what, one play with a broken jaw, I'm putting my faith in him. I'm not saying he's definitely going to be back this year. But I don't understand why so many people jumped ship so quickly!

I don't get it! Just a few months ago we were all (even with his 2nd neck surgery) all talking Peyton Manning's the GOAT and he'll lead us to another SB. And now he's old, feeble, and past his time. His window has closed. He's done. PEOPLE, we don't know what's going to happen! But considering he lost, what, one play with a broken jaw, I'm putting my faith in him. I'm not saying he's definitely going to be back this year. But I don't understand why so many people jumped ship so quickly!

Even if he comes back at 100% he is still in his twilight years with maybe 2-3 good seasons left. He is not 29 anymore, he is 35 going on 36 and athletes are not whine, they don't get better with age.

Idk who the OP is talking about... i have never heard any fan call manning old and feeble... as for ppl saying peyton has only 2-3yrs left thats not true at all.. look at brett favre the guy has been taking way more hits than peyton and his best year was very well closer to his 40's... peyton is not done yet... once peyton is fully healthy and i believe he really will be, he will come back and have some pretty darn good years more than 2-3.

It's all over the board on threads, usually when people are advocating that we draft Luck, that Peyton is done. He's old. He'll never be the same. etc

I dont think thats what they are trying to say, i think they meant draft luck and let peyton teach him.... which peyton will not do and idk why they would think he would do that lol... cause basically its not what he's paid for lol

Even if he comes back at 100% he is still in his twilight years with maybe 2-3 good seasons left. He is not 29 anymore, he is 35 going on 36 and athletes are not whine, they don't get better with age.

Ima tell ya straight out, I want another SB soon, and we ain't getting one without Manning. It's a sad sad joke that the guy only has one ring, and the reasons for this have become fast apparent this season. It took us 8 years to even get to a SB after we drafted Manning, how long you thinkin we're gonna wait with the great unknown Andrew Luck?

I want Luck, but not at the expense of Manning. To let him go on a gamble is stoooooooopid.

People are scrambling for answers. Manning is not the problem this year, he is the solution.

Wow - you're really making up stuff. We didn't ALL say another SB - I never thought this team had what it took to do that in his few remaining years (back when we thought that # was 4-5).

And who said he was old & feeble? Link, please!!!!

Here's the link:

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/2555-the-greatness-of-peyton-manning/page__pid__62255#entry62255

I think he might be refering to my comment here. I do see a lot of "trade Manning, tank the season" type of threads on here. Also a lot of "he's too old" comments.

I said it, and I'm sorry he is taking the flack for it, but I do see that as the opinion of a lot of fans.

Thank you Coltssouth! I was beginning to think I was the only one that is seeing the "he's too old" comments from people that 3 months ago were dreaming we were going to win the SB on his back this year!

Dn4192 "Really? How many great QB's in teh NFL have their been at age 36, 37, 38, 39 or 40 years old? Really over the entire NFL history how many? And then add to that a very serious injury at his later stages of his career and the inability to be a mobile QB. You are asking alot out of even Peyton."

But you're right in one thing. Looking back on the threads, I think it's just a few very vocal members making the same points over and over, so it probably just feels like everybody's on that wagon!

He's got a lot of this stuff.

I know some fans have said he's old and feeble, but those are just the really dumb fans......you guys know who I'm talking about. He may be old but he is sure as heck not feeble. He will play out the next four years. Book it. We will be improved next year. Hopefully Irsay wakes up and gets us a new coach, DC, and gets rid of Old Man Polian. I'm willing to give Chris a good shot at showing his GM chops. We will have a good team next year.

Ima tell ya straight out, I want another SB soon, and we ain't getting one without Manning. It's a sad sad joke that the guy only has one ring, and the reasons for this have become fast apparent this season. It took us 8 years to even get to a SB after we drafted Manning, how long you thinkin we're gonna wait with the great unknown Andrew Luck?

I want Luck, but not at the expense of Manning. To let him go on a gamble is stoooooooopid.

People are scrambling for answers. Manning is not the problem this year, he is the solution.

Thats an awesome sentence. I'm gonna steal that if you dont mind.

I know some fans have said he's old and feeble, but those are just the really dumb fans......you guys know who I'm talking about. He may be old but he is sure as heck not feeble. He will play out the next four years. Book it. We will be improved next year. Hopefully Irsay wakes up and gets us a new coach, DC, and gets rid of Old Man Polian. I'm willing to give Chris a good shot at showing his GM chops. We will have a good team next year.

Thank You! I'm hoping we'll be improved next year too!

This is a simple, but absolutely perfect answer.

For me, I hope that Peyton is coming back healthy. I have faith that Peyton could give us another 4-6 years, IF, the Colts commit to building the offensive line. We don't expect Peyton's mobility to improve as he ages.

On the other side of it, a neck injury is very serious. It's all speculation at this point, but if you are going to discuss the draft or personnel decisions, you pretty much have to make assumptions about Peyton's health. How the Colts draft in 2012 should give us a legitimate picture of the percentages regarding Peyton's health.

Edited by GoGoColts

Its ridiculous people can even say get rid of manning. He makes this off season so much easier if he is healthy because he basically shores up all the problems offensively. anyone who wants luck is just buyin into the hype. Luck aint gunna help the defense from giving up 62 points. We have a couple of years to get the defense ready. With manning we know the offense will be top 5, it always is. Getting rid of Manning will force them to rebuild the offense as well. Get manning a real defense, and at least an average oline so we can enjoy a couple SB's within the next 4 or so years. Remember great TEAMS win SBs not great QBs with horrible teams. Think about it...how many rings do Marino, Manning and Fouts (3 of the best QBs statically ever) have compared to lets say, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman and Roethlisburger. You do the math. (ill give you a hint its 9 to 1).

Why do you think he was willing to take less money so that we could keep some of our pieces? My guess is they renegotiate next year again to gain more cap room to get him some help. He'll want to do that to keep Saturday. (not sure why everybody is thinking he'll retire! He's playing well this season, doing a good job) And Matthis. The one silver lining is that none of our free agents will be worth as much to other teams at the end of this year. Wayne would have been able to go get big bucks on another young team. I don't see that happening as easily.

Here is my prediction,2012 peyton comes back and is on a mission.We are stronger because we will control the draft for luck,trades for picks and defensive veterans.As to how many years peyton has,i am not a doctor but if his neck is fine he has not had arm or major knee problems.Why couldn't he play 5 more years?

I dont think Manning will be the problem to be honest, I think the problem is we know Manning is surrounded by average talent so he will continue to carry the load even into his late 30's. As a Colts fan I don't want that, I know Manning is getting older so now we need to surround him with younger(maybe through the draft), better talent so Manning doesn't have to carry the team. Especially the defense.

Edited by ssarow