Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enjoy this matchup fans

love the shoe

We need to enjoy this matchup. It wont be long before Brady is done and so will the Pats be .We got lucky getting Luck after Manning and not so many teams follow one great with another one. This matchup we should really enjoy while its still here in the moment. Three years from now Luck will be in his prime and the pats will be looking. May be a long time before we have these matchup with this team in the playoffs. I know some will say they have BB but going to be hard to find another Brady.....thoughts???

We could easily have this matchup for the next four years. Brady never gets hit much, I think it's going to be up to him when he retires. Not due to diminishing skills (BB line).

We play them next season and it won't be surprising at all if we play them in the regular season as long as Brady plays.

You make a good point though, enjoy the game for the fact that two future HoF QBs in different stages of their careers are playing.

We could easily have this matchup for the next four years. Brady never gets hit much, I think it's going to be up to him when he retires. Not due to diminishing skills (BB line).

We play them next season and it won't be surprising at all if we play them in the regular season as long as Brady plays.

You make a good point though, enjoy the game for the fact that two future HoF QBs in different stages of their careers are playing.

I am not sure he retires a Pat, you know Bill has been known to let his aging players go to better his team in the past....Don't be surprised it happened to a lot of great ones and Bill is all about making his team better, Did you ever envision Manning playing elsewhere? I sure didn't.

Brady will be one of those to overplay his career and Bill is not about that.Agree he doesn't get hit much but he is getting older as they all do. Just my thoughts and opinions

I do wonder what life after Brady will be like. They should just retire the Pats organization because it will never be the same again. They're bad at drafting and the only reason they get free agents at a cheap price is because of their success with Brady. Free agents go there at a cheap price because they know the Pats always have a shot at the Super Bowl.

I am not sure he retires a Pat, you know Bill has been known to let his aging players go to better his team in the past....Don't be surprised it happened to a lot of great ones and Bill is all about making his team better, Did you ever envision Manning playing elsewhere? I sure didn't.

Brady will be one of those to overplay his career and Bill is not about that.Agree he doesn't get hit much but he is getting older as they all do. Just my thoughts and opinions

Yes, Bill won't tolerate diminishing skills. Even from an icon (Kosar). I don't think you can use Manning as an example, unless somehow the Patriots have a great QB in the wings.

In this day and age, they don't continue to play for the money. So it would have to be ego. Who knows?

I believe division winners in each conference play against each other every year.  So Colts vs. Pats is likely to continue for several more years.  We are on top of our division and are continually improving while the Pats run their division.

Miami should be poised to take a run at that division, not sure what Buffalo is and the Jets, if they get improved ball security and better decision making from their qb, they have the ability in another year or 2 to dig into that division topside as well. Buffalo is just a place where players go for a big payday evey once in awhile and then never get heard from again.

doubt they let brady go. other then BB, Brady is half the reason they won their three super bowls (although i still say if it were not for Mr. Clutch Adam V. they prob would have lost a couple of them but Brady did get them in that position to kick the winner) that being said I wont be sad to see him retire. and as much as i dont like the patriots, he still is a very good QB. win or lose tonight Luck will learn a lot tonight from watching him. 

Patriots will suck like Colts did and hope to land a franchise QB. Every year one of AFC south teams compete for bottom spot to get the draft. It is working pretty well. Worst division in the league! You got that going for you.

yeah but i would not be surprised come a year or two from not if the AFC south is one of the strongest. a lot of people dont think bridgewater and manziel will make it in the NFL (i am one of those people for now) BUT if they turn out to be as good (and get better) as they were in college and transition that to the NFL, and im saying this only IF the Jags and Texans draft them in the first round, the south could be a very good division with Luck, Bridgewater, and Manziel in that division.

I could see the Jags trading up with St.Louis to get the 2 pick. Rams need a WR, Jags will prob want to get rid of Blackmon with his issues in staying clean. Blackmon, their first round pick and 3rd round pick  for that 2 pick would work. still gives St.Louis a top 10 pick plus a big WR and a 3rd round pick, in which they could still flip that 1st round pick for more picks in either the coming up draft or next years draft. or even for a player at a position of need. 

I believe division winners in each conference play against each other every year.  So Colts vs. Pats is likely to continue for several more years.  We are on top of our division and are continually improving while the Pats run their division.

unless they flip a colts vs pats game for a lets say Colts vs Broncos, colts vs Seahawks

Guest TeamLoloJones

unless they flip a colts vs pats game for a lets say Colts vs Broncos, colts vs Seahawks

Schedule is locked in when the regular season is over.  It's been this way for years, it's a predetermined format, there's no "flipping"

I know I'm going to hear some flak for my answer, but I will miss Tom Brady when he is gone. Now, before you assemble to throw me off the Forum, let me explain.

For many years, almost every year, sometimes more than once a season, we were privileged to see classic match-ups between two of the greatest QB's in history, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady. Sure, on occasion, you would see a classic match-up here and there with other great QB's that would have a game or two against each other, but nothing for those years compared to the Peyton lead Colts, vs The Brady led Pats. Almost every game was a classic, close, hard fought games, that often led to 4th quarter drives where one team or another would eek out a victory. Didn't matter if it were the playoffs, or the regular season, when it was Brady vs Manning, the world watched in awe and respect.

Now that Peyton is a Bronco, the Colts have a budding superstar in Andrew Luck, who possesses a lot of the attitude, work ethic, talent, and desire to win, as much as Peyton and Brady, Its amazing to me that both of our teams, for so many years, have gotten to watch football at its very best, and both teams and QB's contributed heavily to make most of these match-up, some of the all time classic contests.

For years, the Patriots, due to their consistently great teams, are often used as the benchmark as the "team to beat", perennially Super Bowl contenders. The Colts are as well, but since the Pats have gotten further more times in the playoff than the Colts, the Patriots were, and still are to an extent "the team you have to go through to get to the Super Bowl."

Today's playoff game will be the same type of atmosphere. Luck represents the future of QB's, and of our beloved Colts. The heir to the house "that Peyton built". Though an entirely different team, it still comes down to the two QB's..We won't have many more years of the Brady vs Manning/Luck left. Often times, we don't appreciate what we have, until it is gone.

Today, starts a rivalry "re-born"..Lets enjoy watching two Masters of the position, and their teams, battle it out for AFC Supremacy for the next few years...Someday, we will all look back and say...wasn't that some of the greatest football memories and times, as we tell our children and grandchildren, out stories about the Colts and Patriots clashes that will forever go down in history.

That is why I will miss Tom Brady...when he does retire. I don't personally like the man, but he is no doubt a first time HOF Candidate, and one of the greatest QB's that ever stepped onto a football gridiron.