Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Greatness Of Peyton Manning

Mexicolt

THE GREATNESS OF PEYTON MANNING

His greatness goes far beyond the field, what he does on the field, his total and absolute control of the offense, his reads, his precision, his obvious preparation every single Sunday. The man is a football machine he turned the worst franchise in the NFL into a powerhouse a perennial playoff team, a Superbowl champion and a finalist too. He practices and watches fil like no other, he is a product of his own efforts and preparation, and no one approaches football like Peyton.

Sure he was the more ready prospect coming out of College, but clearly, Leaf was the more talented, the more upsight lied with him, he’ll be better in the end, yeah, right.

Every loss, every playoff failure would be awarded to the fact that he couldn’t win the big game, he was a choker, he had every weapon he ever wanted, like Marvin or Reggie, pro bowlers, talented guys who made it easy for him, a running game with E. James and the great Bill Polian and especially the genius Dungy, but he couldn’t win the big game, he didn’t miss the fieldgoals, he didn’t call the timeouts, but it was the choker who cost this team the playoff failures.

Then Marvin goes and comes Garçon out of Mount Union, and White and Collie and Tamme and Gonzalez and Wayne loses some speed and Peyton makes them look like stars, and people said, kudos to Polian for finding the hidden talent on later rounds, sure Peyton makes them look like pro bowlers but they are good! Look at them now… He threw the pick in the SB! He lost it, he choked again, yeah, we forced one third down the entire second half of that SB, but sure, it is Peyton’s fault again.

Last year, he throws a ton of interceptions and people, despite the fact he he is playing with marginal talent both on offense and defense, and he delivers, he TAKES THE HEAT, he takes the blame and carries the whole team and the whole pressure into the playoffs. He sits next to Deion Sanders and has to explain himself to that clown, but he is educated, he won’t throw a rant, he’ll kindly answer the questions.

Then a few weeks later the coach decides he wants to give the Jets a chance to kick the field goal, Peyton looks mesmerized, but he shuts up, and again: “had he thrown a better pass to Blair White, we convert the first down and win” And Peyton goes home and takes the blame, he shuts up and just works to be better.

Brady is better, Brees is better, Montana, Elway… they are all better, they won more championships or in Brees and Rodgers case they are starting to dominate the league and playing better than him, he is old, he lost arm strength, and Peyton with no running game, no pass protection whatsoever, late round WR’s and a very, very bad defense playing for him, shuts up, and goes into the hospital, to get a surgery; turns out he has been having tremendous pain in his neck for the past five years (look at his numbers in those five years, like he wasn’t feeling anything), last year was just too much, turns out he wasn’t regressing, how great are you Peyton? Injury and all, you still throw for 4700 yards and carry the whole team on your shoulders, but you won’t brag about it, you sure are great; you talk about the team and the collective effort in the wins.

Then the players and owners decide they don’t wanna play, so he loses valuable training room time, the season comes and he cannot recover, as a matter of fact, his career is in doubt now.

The team is the worst, suddenly our small players look their actual size, they cannot tackle, they cannot block, they cannot cover and they cannot throw or catch.

The Colts lost their leader, many people blamed him for the losses, many didn’t, doesn’t matter, he’d always take the blame, he was the leader of this team and just like he took an arguably underserved MVP award in the 2006 super bowl, he’ll also listen to people call him a chocker and take the losses when really, they weren’t his fault. What does he say: I BLEED WITH THEM EVERY SUNDAY EVEN THOUGH I’M NOT THERE, but as soon as he can, he is there, on the sideline, and you can see, he is actually bleeding like his teammates.

Peyton Manning will be back, Luck or no Luck, no one will send Peyton Manning to the bench or to a trade retirement unless it’s Peyton Manning.

You can bring 6 Andrew Lucks and they can be as talented as you like, but Peyton is a competitor, he will force them to sit and learn from him, cause this is his league, he made this a passing league, every defensive coordinator out there had to change his philosophy and adapt tp the times because Peyton Manning decided so, and every team wants a franchise QB and an aerial offense because Peyton Manning said so.

He’ll be back next year, there is no way a nerve, or a bone, or a muscle will beat the greatest player to ever walk a football field, he´ll be back and he´ll be healthy, hungry, more experienced, at least in life, and more motivated than ever, he´ll be back and he´ll be better, believe that. We as Colts fans are failing to recognize his greatness goes beyond our previous understanding of it, he was even greater than we thought.

This man is the NFL, he is the colts and he is the best ever. So sit back and enjoy the next four years people, because he is not going anywhere, I, like Joe Namath, GUARANTEE IT. We’ll see that second ring, things will turn in our favor, believe in blue, believe in PEYTON “THE GREATEST NFL PLAYER IN HISTORY” MANNING.

THE GREATNESS OF PEYTON MANNING

His greatness goes far beyond the field, what he does on the field, his total and absolute control of the offense, his reads, his precision, his obvious preparation every single Sunday. The man is a football machine he turned the worst franchise in the NFL into a powerhouse a perennial playoff team, a Superbowl champion and a finalist too. He practices and watches fil like no other, he is a product of his own efforts and preparation, and no one approaches football like Peyton.

Sure he was the more ready prospect coming out of College, but clearly, Leaf was the more talented, the more upsight lied with him, he’ll be better in the end, yeah, right.

Every loss, every playoff failure would be awarded to the fact that he couldn’t win the big game, he was a choker, he had every weapon he ever wanted, like Marvin or Reggie, pro bowlers, talented guys who made it easy for him, a running game with E. James and the great Bill Polian and especially the genius Dungy, but he couldn’t win the big game, he didn’t miss the fieldgoals, he didn’t call the timeouts, but it was the choker who cost this team the playoff failures.

Then Marvin goes and comes Garçon out of Mount Union, and White and Collie and Tamme and Gonzalez and Wayne loses some speed and Peyton makes them look like stars, and people said, kudos to Polian for finding the hidden talent on later rounds, sure Peyton makes them look like pro bowlers but they are good! Look at them now… He threw the pick in the SB! He lost it, he choked again, yeah, we forced one third down the entire second half of that SB, but sure, it is Peyton’s fault again.

Last year, he throws a ton of interceptions and people, despite the fact he he is playing with marginal talent both on offense and defense, and he delivers, he TAKES THE HEAT, he takes the blame and carries the whole team and the whole pressure into the playoffs. He sits next to Deion Sanders and has to explain himself to that clown, but he is educated, he won’t throw a rant, he’ll kindly answer the questions.

Then a few weeks later the coach decides he wants to give the Jets a chance to kick the field goal, Peyton looks mesmerized, but he shuts up, and again: “had he thrown a better pass to Blair White, we convert the first down and win” And Peyton goes home and takes the blame, he shuts up and just works to be better.

Brady is better, Brees is better, Montana, Elway… they are all better, they won more championships or in Brees and Rodgers case they are starting to dominate the league and playing better than him, he is old, he lost arm strength, and Peyton with no running game, no pass protection whatsoever, late round WR’s and a very, very bad defense playing for him, shuts up, and goes into the hospital, to get a surgery; turns out he has been having tremendous pain in his neck for the past five years (look at his numbers in those five years, like he wasn’t feeling anything), last year was just too much, turns out he wasn’t regressing, how great are you Peyton? Injury and all, you still throw for 4700 yards and carry the whole team on your shoulders, but you won’t brag about it, you sure are great; you talk about the team and the collective effort in the wins.

Then the players and owners decide they don’t wanna play, so he loses valuable training room time, the season comes and he cannot recover, as a matter of fact, his career is in doubt now.

The team is the worst, suddenly our small players look their actual size, they cannot tackle, they cannot block, they cannot cover and they cannot throw or catch.

The Colts lost their leader, many people blamed him for the losses, many didn’t, doesn’t matter, he’d always take the blame, he was the leader of this team and just like he took an arguably underserved MVP award in the 2006 super bowl, he’ll also listen to people call him a chocker and take the losses when really, they weren’t his fault. What does he say: I BLEED WITH THEM EVERY SUNDAY EVEN THOUGH I’M NOT THERE, but as soon as he can, he is there, on the sideline, and you can see, he is actually bleeding like his teammates.

Peyton Manning will be back, Luck or no Luck, no one will send Peyton Manning to the bench or to a trade retirement unless it’s Peyton Manning.

You can bring 6 Andrew Lucks and they can be as talented as you like, but Peyton is a competitor, he will force them to sit and learn from him, cause this is his league, he made this a passing league, every defensive coordinator out there had to change his philosophy and adapt tp the times because Peyton Manning decided so, and every team wants a franchise QB and an aerial offense because Peyton Manning said so.

He’ll be back next year, there is no way a nerve, or a bone, or a muscle will beat the greatest player to ever walk a football field, he´ll be back and he´ll be healthy, hungry, more experienced, at least in life, and more motivated than ever, he´ll be back and he´ll be better, believe that. We as Colts fans are failing to recognize his greatness goes beyond our previous understanding of it, he was even greater than we thought.

This man is the NFL, he is the colts and he is the best ever. So sit back and enjoy the next four years people, because he is not going anywhere, I, like Joe Namath, GUARANTEE IT. We’ll see that second ring, things will turn in our favor, believe in blue, believe in PEYTON “THE GREATEST NFL PLAYER IN HISTORY” MANNING.

All true but he is also 35+ years old, coming off a very serious injury that was so bad he had to leave the country to try and get some additional care that isn't even approved for in this country. An injury that could impact on his way of life way after he retires. He had a great run and may even have a season or two left in him, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't prepare for his departure or in the Colts case be the one who decides when his time here is over.

All true but he is also 35+ years old, coming off a very serious injury that was so bad he had to leave the country to try and get some additional care that isn't even approved for in this country. An injury that could impact on his way of life way after he retires. He had a great run and may even have a season or two left in him, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't prepare for his departure or in the Colts case be the one who decides when his time here is over.

I just guaranteed it... seriously, any complains in the next two years, I'll take the heat.

I GUARANTEE IT

I respectfully disagree.

He did not have to leave the country, he chose to in the hopes of an as of yet unproven technique in this country on the risk of healing faster. I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the operation (heavens knows I am not a dr.) but I think he chose to try this in the hopes of not being out as long as the recovery time normally needed for this type of operation.

His age is of course a factor, but wasn't it just last year he was called (at least by Colts fans) the greatest of all time?

I see no one out that is capable of replacing him at this time.

One year and now he's an old wasted man?

Well, I had the same surgery a few years back and I often FEEL like "an old wasted man". :P

However I wasn't exactly a world class athlete to begin with. From everything that I've read (including nsurg's informative comments on the subject) the real issue is the nerve that was slow to regenerate. If the nerve comes back, there is an excellent chance that he'll be good to go for another few years. And he should be as good as ever because his biggest asset has always been his brain.

I respectfully disagree.

He did not have to leave the country, he chose to in the hopes of an as of yet unproven technique in this country on the risk of healing faster. I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the operation (heavens knows I am not a dr.) but I think he chose to try this in the hopes of not being out as long as the recovery time normally needed for this type of operation.

His age is of course a factor, but wasn't it just last year he was called (at least by Colts fans) the greatest of all time?

I see no one out that is capable of replacing him at this time.

No he didn't "have" to leave the country, but doesn't it bother you that he chose to due to the surgery not providing enough relief that he was willing to try something that isn't even approved for in this country? To me that shows just how serious this injury is and how desperate Peyton is/was. Yes he is going to be one of the greatest ever to play, that doesn't mean he is not getting older and there is no athlete in any sport who gets better with age unless they are on a heavy diet of PED's which I don't see Peyton doing. What Peyton is at this point is a HUGE question mark. He is an aging athlete in a phyically demanding sport with a serious injury and a offensive line who also has huge question marks around it's ability. All those things together means you need to be looking into a replacement for Peyton and if by chance that replacment could be on the level of say an Andrew Luck you have to look into taking him.

Times running out on Micheal Vick...

Times running out on Sanchez and he doesnt even know it.

Times ALWAYS running out,,.,.

Dump Manning and you give up on next year..and you have to replace almost a dozen vets like Wayne and Freeney

..who wont be around when a 2012 rookie QB gets to the top of his game,

Brady is 33....NE is going for it NOW.

You underestimate Peyton Manning.

Someone get this guy his baba. Ok, Mr. Negative. I as well as everyone else is beyond sick of the constant negative remarks. And dont even try and make the im just bringing locgic into the argument because You don't know anything about his recovery, so here is to hoping the door hits you where the lord split you.

He will not see another ring here. I would bet money on it. Time is running out even if he is healthy again.

As opposed to betting, what, Rigatoni?

(Sorry, I'm starting to think about dinner).

I'm pretty confident myself that Peyton will be back, and that the team will once again win 12+ games and be a SB favorite. Time may be running out in the grand scheme of things, but there's plenty of time for another SB win (or two, or three, or five).

It's Peyton Manning, are you really that prepared to write him off?

As opposed to betting, what, Rigatoni?

(Sorry, I'm starting to think about dinner).

I'm pretty confident myself that Peyton will be back, and that the team will once again win 12+ games and be a SB favorite. Time may be running out in the grand scheme of things, but there's plenty of time for another SB win (or two, or three, or five).

It's Peyton Manning, are you really that prepared to write him off?

I'm not, but I am also not foolish enough to know that when you have the shot at a player like Luck, you take that pick and then see what happens.

I'm not, but I am also not foolish enough to know that when you have the shot at a player like Luck, you take that pick and then see what happens.

Did somebody mention "the L word"? Frankly I didn't make it through Mexicolts entire dissertation, I was just amused by Prestos bold proclamation.

Hey, I'm just glad we had him here. He alone has been responsible for giving me my best NFL memories out of 33 years of being an NFL fan. He'll be back next year and we'll all get over this ugly season after that first game. If Manning had gone anywhere else, I would be jealous. So take those insults we're all hearing about our team with a grin, let 'em rub it in while they can. Number 18 is gonna be back in blue 'n' white and they'll all be hatin on us again, jealousy dripping from their jaws.

No he didn't "have" to leave the country, but doesn't it bother you that he chose to due to the surgery not providing enough relief that he was willing to try something that isn't even approved for in this country?

To the rest of thinking society it shows the passion that Peyton still has and the competitive desire to get back on the field as quickly as possible. It wasn't about the surgery not providing enough relief, it was about trying to speed up the recovery process to get back on the field as soon as possible. The surgery was a well documented success. The remaining question is how long will the recovery take and will he recover to 100%. They will have a much better idea of these things before the draft, and possibly even by the end of the season...hence why Manning is not on IR.

Wasn't it stem cell regeneration that he left the country for? Which, by the way, is a proven miracle treatment for diseases as serious as MS. The only reason it is outlawed in the US is due to moral legislation backed by Christian theocracy.