Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm calling it now. Trent will

tfunky14

I can't believe how good an undrafted free agent like Blount looks compared to the #3 pick in the draft Richardson. It is night and day! Trent looks uncertain and tentative. He has no vision. I really have little faith that a full offseason is going to help him at all. I do feel it is tough for Trent when we are in a power running formation we have never been able to block, but when we spread the field, the lanes are there.

Also, I was very disappointed when I read that he stated to Reggie Wayne that he felt like he was rushed into the offense and wasn't ready to contribute. He makes EXCUSES!!! A true competitor would want to be on the field and learn on the job. Take responsibility and move forward.

As for Reggie.....love the guy, but he is often on the wrong side of things.  Remember the stink he made when Collins was brought in over Painter?  He lobbied so hard for Painter, it made me wonder if he thought Painter was greater than Manning.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you just answered it for me...

Yes it was a good play by the defender, his motor never stopped running,

He should have never slowed down and danced. He does the same thing every time he touches the ball, waits, dances, goes down at first contact.

The guy was on his way to the ground when Trent gets there, he does a little stutter step and slows down and gets tackled. He is not a speed back, he should always be running full force, if he hadn't gotten scared and broke his stride the guy would have never laid a finger on him.

come on buddy lets get real. you really think the Colts will give up a 1st rd pick and cut the player after 3/4 of a season??? What sense does that even make?? Werner stunk up the field and made little to ZERO impact this season so i'm guessing we should cut him also?? This isn't fantasy football. 

I said it wouldn't bother me if it happened, i didn't say they would actually do it. Read a little closer next time.

And comparing Werner to Richardsons situation is laughable.

He should have never slowed down and danced. He does the same thing every time he touches the ball, waits, dances, goes down at first contact.

The guy was on his way to the ground when Trent gets there, he does a little stutter step and slows down and gets tackled. He is not a speed back, he should always be running full force, if he hadn't gotten scared and broke his stride the guy would have never laid a finger on him.

thats what you think

DHB and TRich are the most disappointing acquisitions this year.  Didn't Irsay's tweet this spring cause one of the longest threads on the forum about DHB?  What a waste.  I was willing to give TRich a pardon, but now he is 3rd string in my book right now behind Ballard and Brown. So sad.

I just watched a video on YouTube from a guy named elpresado who is a cleveland fan.

I can't post a link from my phone but search his name and trent richardson trade and you will see he is exactly right about the guy. Be warned though, elpresador swears like a sailor, but I find him hilarious.

No way around it being totally objective: TRich was a bust if you look at this season (and his history with Cleveland as well). Management and the coaching staff will give him next season to prove something, since a first rounder was burned to get him. I see him picking up his game, but not ever getting to 4.0 ypc unless he runs behind the '90s Cowboys o-line. I definitely hope I am wrong and he proves his history wrong and proves me wrong. I want him to be a force so bad. But I just don't see it based on reality to this point in his career.

man your delusional.

What??? He's delusional? He is very accurate.

I can't forget the look on Lucks face when the play call came in. I forget the down and distance but this was his reaction. I was wondering what the play call would be that would make him look so confused. When the play came in through his helmet, he was visibly confused. 

I say to my gf "he hates this play, wonder what it is"

- see Richardson in the backfield, know what's coming 

- gain of 0

luck23.gif

The play was a handoff to Richardson. 

man your delusional.

So when was his breakout moment that made you put faith in him ?

If the guy made a 4 yard run the announcers would have to say he broke one open for a big gain.

He did nothing in 11 games. Nothing.

If I take 2 steps and fall forward I have just matched his ypc for the season.

I'm a Colts fan so I wish Trent was good, I wish he lived up to his draft selection, but he is not and he doesnt.

First round picks are not supposed to be projects. They shouldn't need time to adjust. They are supposed to be the best of the best, the guys who get out there and contribute week 1.

We got robbed by Cleveland. I ain't mad at them about it, I think they deserve praise for what they did.

They didnt even bother to draw up the paperwork for any additional picks based on performance. Why waste printer ink.

The guy was on his way to the ground when Trent gets there, he does a little stutter step and slows down and gets tackled.

One post I read on Yahoo made a good point: Trent came from Alabama, with the best o-line in college football. The line was so good, he could afford to wait until holes opened up. This created a tendency in him he is having a hard time shaking off. It also calls into question if Trent's college production mostly stemmed from Alabama's o-line. If so, then his true draft value should have been much lower.

Edit: Also, bigger/physical players thrive better in the college ranks due to poor defensive tackling and discipline. Best example of this is Tim Tebow. Trent needs to get faster in a hurry. His speed and indecisiveness is not cutting it.

I would give Trent the preseason next year to show me something and if he didnt then I would cut my loses. If he is bad then he is bad, hanging onto a bad player just because you overpaid for him makes no sense.

I would take MJD with all the miles on him over another dose of Richardson if he doesnt improve.

I'm a Colts fan so I wish Trent was good, I wish he lived up to his draft selection, but he is not and he doesnt.

First round picks are not supposed to be projects. They shouldn't need time to adjust. They are supposed to be the best of the best, the guys who get out there and contribute week 1.

We got robbed by Cleveland. I ain't mad at them about it, I think they deserve praise for what they did.

They didnt even bother to draw up the paperwork for any additional picks based on performance. Why waste printer ink.

Sorry but you just don't forget how to run. He was a beast in Alabama, graded high on draft boards, had a very good year in Cleveland, well worth a 1st Rd pick. The kid will be fine, the Colts offensive line needs improvement, period. Its not like D. Brown was lightning up the rushing yards?

I would give Trent the preseason next year to show me something and if he didnt then I would cut my loses. If he is bad then he is bad, hanging onto a bad player just because you overpaid for him makes no sense.

I would take MJD with all the miles on him over another dose of Richardson if he doesnt improve.

MJD is done, toast.

MJD is done, toast.

MJD isn't my dream back and I hope we have better options then him, but even in his twilight I would take him over Richardson. The guy doesn't stop, do a little dance then gingerly move forward, he gets the ball and charges ahead.

MJD isn't my dream back and I hope we have better options then him, but even in his twilight I would take him over Richardson. The guy doesn't stop, do a little dance then gingerly move forward, he gets the ball and charges ahead.

Yea I would too take MJD in his best years but not now.

My brother is among the Richardson faithful, he believes next year he will break out. I have bet my autographed John Lynch football against his autographed Edge helmet that it ain't gonna happen. Would it be bad form to ask for the helmet after week 3 ?

Maybe I should wait and order a #34 jersey with Busterson or Dancerson on the back.

Then again my brother thought the Colts signing Deion Branch meant he was gonna play and be good.

He thought that the Colts were wrong in letting Peyton go, once Luck started winning he changed sides and was mad at Manning.

He once boycotted the NFL for a year for allowing Vick to return. The NFL didnt notice this because my brother doesnt go to games or purchase merchandise, but he did sit in the other room each week while my other brother and I watched games on Sunday at my mom and dads.

Maybe I should leave the poor lad alone