Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Payoffs and Ticket problems

Indy B

I am a fan with 6 season tickets (2 club and 4 others). Family is out of town this week, which means not able to go to game. We put the tickets up for sale on the Colts/NFL Ticket Exchange (when first allowed to by website). My tickets are priced very fair and prior to this I have never had a problem selling. 

Once my tickets were listed, I would periodically try to go back to the website to check others pricing. Unlike ever before, when I would try to go back through the Colts/NFL Exchange to check the site would show up "server unavailable, unable to route to page". Very odd and no access? When I went to Ticketmaster I had no problems.

* update to above... 20 minutes ago when Colts announced game was sold-out, I went back to the NFL Exchange through the Colts website and "magically" I was routed normally and as I have always been routed?

New to the Colts website there are several different and MUCH more prominent links stating "PLAYOFF TICKETS FOR SALE" when the link is pressed I was routed to and totally separate and Colts specific ticket site, which I am assuming are Colts owned tickets, which must sell to count towards sell-out?

This site very easily routes fans to "FACE VALUE" tickets available. Then off to the side they have listed "RESALE ONLY". When this is clicked it takes me to all of the seats available for sale and as stated 'TICKETS MUCH HIGHER THAN FACE VALUE" (I am assuming these are the from the NFL Ticket Exchange)? I click to find my seats for sale and they show a MUCH HIGHER price than they are listed for on the Exchange? I then click "ticket details" and they show the tickets with an additional "service charge" again not listed on the Ticket Exchange? 

* update to above... again not long after the sell-out was announced... access to this site changed and was not easy to? Very ODD? 

This is very strange and I feel as though there may be some funny business going on with the NFL and attempting to control ticket sales through the NFL Ticket Exchange until the Colts sell out (more TV revenue?).

Again all other times go through NFL Ticket Exchange through Colts website. This week it has showed "page not available" (unless go directly through ticket master). 

Ticket Exchange shows my correct price, UNLESS I go through the Colts Playoff tickets… The I must press extra tabs and they show a much higher price for my same seats?

Are aware if anyone others have had a problem with this?

Concerned Fan

Ha!  Good one!

To answer your question, I imagine there's two factors involved: 

1) Club/Premium seating doesn't count towards the blackout rules; and

2) I'm guessing there's a threshold like 99.9% must be sold (because I'm guessing there will be a few singles, etc. that go unsold)

The first one I'm positive on, the second one is just a practical guess.

many years ago (when i lived in north jersey) a ny sports talk host was taking questions about giant season tickets (there is a huge waiting list) and said people would be shocked if they knew how many tickets other owners (art model was reluctantly, because model's was a show sponsor, mentioned) controlled and resold for a profit. it probably goes back a long time to when they weren't making the kind of money they are now.

things like this will happen until people refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for tickets, parking, food, drinks, etc. the consumer is the one that ultimately has the power of the purse.

I'm confused too.  If the game is sold out, why are there so many tickets still for sale on Ticketmaster?  These are not resale tickets because you can turn that feature off. 

resellers ... they do things to get around the ticketmaster barriers

This happens just about every week to every team.  Teams get tickets for their players and staff and very rarely do they use every single one of them so they return whats left to the home team to be sold.

oops, i put the sarcasm little dude at the end after you posted this...LOL