Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen

SLILLINGTON10

In a perfect situation, there is a #1 option. That is not always the best receiver, but the one that the QB is most comfortable with. We had that in Reggie, and it was usually were Lucks eyes went when the ball was snapped. I don't think that we have a true #1, as Andrew is still getting his groove with everyone else. TY seems the most likely.

As far as a #2 option, I don't think it is a player, but it is the #2 option for that play. And that can change every play.

Ranking WR's is just something that fans do, not Luck or the coaches, IMO.

Nice post WH! SW1 ran out of likes.  :thmup:  

People keep comparing Whalen to Collie. I get it, But I think Whalen will be a much better receiver than Collie.

Hilton

Rogers

Whalen

Brazil

Maybe a better career, but lets not forget how good Collie was pre concussion for us. 

Maybe a better career, but lets not forget how good Collie was pre concussion for us.

Since you brought up Collie and concussions... Welker was out a few games with a concussion. Did he have a concussion history with Brady?..or does Manning's route preferences lead to his slot receivers getting concussed? Probably nothing there and just coincidence, but I am curious.

Since you brought up Collie and concussions... Welker was out a few games with a concussion. Did he have a concussion history with Brady?..or does Manning's route preferences lead to his slot receivers getting concussed? Probably nothing there and just coincidence, but I am curious.

That made me curious so I looked up Welker's injury history...no concussions until he came to Denver.

Earlier this year, one of my good friends was asking me how Welker would do with Denver.  And I told him he'd be pretty darn good as long as Peyton didn't get him killed over the middle.  I thought it happened too often for it to just be a coincidence, don't know why though. 

That made me curious so I looked up Welker's injury history...no concussions until he came to Denver.

Earlier this year, one of my good friends was asking me how Welker would do with Denver.  And I told him he'd be pretty darn good as long as Peyton didn't get him killed over the middle.  I thought it happened too often for it to just be a coincidence, don't know why though. 

Every player who plays in the middle is susceptible to hell getting put on them, especially the smaller slot receivers Manning loves.

But would there really be an accurate record for concussions?  There is a lot more emphasis on diagnosing them this season, probably due to the settlement the NFL recently made for retired players.

But would there really be an accurate record for concussions?  There is a lot more emphasis on diagnosing them this season, probably due to the settlement the NFL recently made for retired players.

No idea, I'm just repeating information that I found.  I'm going to guess no, there aren't accurate accounts of concussions (who'da thunk?)

I guess the question would be, what are the stats on slot receivers/concussions across the NFL.