Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Shanahan's Brilliant Last Act.

Dustin

I would agree with the premise that Shanahan was awful for the Redskins. Dan Snyder is still one of the worst owners in sports and has no buisness being buddy buddy with his star players. It should be a buisness only relationship.

Redskins are just an awful franchise, and any who go there thinking they can succeed are fools.

I've never liked Shanahan.  It's hard to say for sure whether he is responsible for the leaking information regarding RG3 being scared to lose his job and all that, but I definitely don't think he is a good coach.  He had John Elway as his QB and a 2000 yard rusher at RB; he better have won Super Bowls.  With that said, there should be some blame placed on RG3, in my opinion.  He hasn't necessarily been all that humble with his situation.  I think Jon Gruden would be a good fit there

I would agree with the premise that Shanahan was awful for the Redskins. Dan Snyder is still one of the worst owners in sports and has no buisness being buddy buddy with his star players. It should be a buisness only relationship.

Redskins are just an awful franchise, and any who go there thinking they can succeed are fools.

This article(if you can call it that, with all the misspellings and punctuation problems) is obviously coming from a super fan of Bob3. Nothing is Bobs fault, it's all Shanny. Maybe Bob3 wrote this crap article, sounds like him, putting the blame on everybody but himself. Plus it sounds like this guy has a crush on Snyder and from the reports that keep coming out, it's obvious that Bob3 and snyder have a little thing for each other.

This article(if you can call it that, with all the misspellings and punctuation problems) is obviously coming from a super fan of Bob3. Nothing is Bobs fault, it's all Shanny. Maybe Bob3 wrote this crap article, sounds like him, putting the blame on everybody but himself. Plus it sounds like this guy has a crush on Snyder and from the reports that keep coming out, it's obvious that Bob3 and snyder have a little thing for each other.

It's never his fault, didn't you get the memo? He's the greatest player ever, nothing is ever ever his fault.

I'm going to go out of my way here to say Dan Synder is the worst owner in the league and the combo of Synder + Shanny + trading your entire draft for Griffin = disaster.

I want to know where the Washington/Baylor fans are now to defend Synder's epic Mike Ditka move to give everything up for that one guy that has no protection, no weapons and is overall a pretty below average player.

Anything that makes Deion "Primetime" Sanders look like Grandpa "Walker" Sanders is always hilarious to me. :lol: 

I'm so sick of that foolish smack talker go on & on about playmakers finishing in the clutch on NFL Network & yet he wasn't able to stay healthy or bring a Championship to either Washington D.C. or Baltimore. If Deion was as good as he claimed he was, he'd have 4 rings as opposed to 2. 

It's never his fault, didn't you get the memo? He's the greatest player ever, nothing is ever ever his fault.

I'm going to go out of my way here to say Dan Synder is the worst owner in the league and the combo of Synder + Shanny + trading your entire draft for Griffin = disaster.

I want to know where the Washington/Baylor fans are now to defend Synder's epic Mike Ditka move to give everything up for that one guy that has no protection, no weapons and is overall a pretty below average player.

It does kind of remind you of the 1912 Titanic disaster. Everyone fighting for a rescue boat, getting as far away from the wreckage as possible, & naming any other scapegoat to drown removing all scrutiny from the Baylor wonder boy & presumed Redskins savior. RG3's ego got the better of him: Pride goes before the big fall you know. 

It would be interesting to see what the Skins record would have been with Kirk Cousins under center for the entire season now. Can RG3 bounce back from getting 2 time SB Champion HC fired? Too tough to call that 1 right now. 

It does kind of remind you of the 1912 Titanic disaster. Everyone fighting for a rescue boat, getting as far away from the wreckage as possible, & naming any other scapegoat to drown removing all scrutiny from the Baylor wonder boy & presumed Redskins savior. RG3's ego got the better of him: Pride goes before the big fall you know.

It would be interesting to see what the Skins record would have been with Kirk Cousins under center for the entire season now. Can RG3 bounce back from getting 2 time SB Champion HC fired? Too tough to call that 1 right now.

Considering the reports are that Snyder wants to bring in the Baylor coach Art Briles as HC of the Skins, it signals that he is giving Griffin the keys to the castle.

So I would say initial readings point to no, as Dan once again feeds his star player's ego instead of checking it.

I've never liked Shanahan.  It's hard to say for sure whether he is responsible for the leaking information regarding RG3 being scared to lose his job and all that, but I definitely don't think he is a good coach.  He had John Elway as his QB and a 2000 yard rusher at RB; he better have won Super Bowls.  With that said, there should be some blame placed on RG3, in my opinion.  He hasn't necessarily been all that humble with his situation.  I think Jon Gruden would be a good fit there

Yup, 21isSuperman without Terrell Davis Mike Shanahan is a nobody in the NFL. Well said!  :thmup:

It would be interesting to see what the Skins record would have been with Kirk Cousins under center for the entire season now. Can RG3 bounce back from getting 2 time SB Champion HC fired? Too tough to call that 1 right now. 

I'm sure at this point Griffin can't wait to "bounce back" from Shanahan lol.

Considering the reports are that Snyder wants to bring in the Baylor coach Art Briles as HC of the Skins, it signals that he is giving Griffin the keys to the castle.

So I would say initial readings point to no, as Dan once again feeds his star player's ego instead of checking it.

I like RG3 actually. I want him too succeed, even though I don't love him as much as ESPN's Skip Bayless does. Bringing in a former Baylor coach doesn't always translate into immediate success either. Pep Hamilton was brought in to help Andrew Luck from Stanford & that hasn't exactly been a smooth transition either. I don't really take injuries into account because by now every NFL team has critical players out of their starting lineup. 

RG3 and QB's like him are why I can't stand this new trend nationally of the spread offense which is just a dumbed down training wheels way to play QB that doesn't require much intellectual thought.  Proof is Tim Tebow was a spread offense QB.  QB's who play in the spread are QB's who don't have the intellectual capacity to understand X's and O's the way Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers do so the coach needs to simplify things for the QB.  QB's in the spread need to run to make up for their lack of passing skills.  Pop Warner and high schools around this country are using the spread, enough said.

You'd think that NFL teams would be smart enough to NOT select spread offense QB's in the draft who want to run instead of throw because it's a HUGE risk as these QB's get hurt easier and these teams wasted a draft pick on a person they thought they could build the team around.

Yup, 21isSuperman without Terrell Davis Mike Shanahan is a nobody in the NFL. Well said!  :thmup:

Err no. Shanahan is more responsible for Davis' success than the other way around. Shanahan is known for taking any random guy of the street and turning them into all-pro RBs.

Err no. Shanahan is more responsible for Davis' success than the other way around. Shanahan is known for taking any random guy of the street and turning them into all-pro RBs.

Shanahan had one of the dirtiest offensive line coaches of all time in Denver and who taught the O-line to be one of the most dirty as they were well known for chop blocking.  He then went to Atlanta I believe where they continued that dangerous dirty act.