Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grading Grigson 12 Games Into This Season

SteelDragon

GM Grigson's Report Card  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What says you?

Its hard for me to give him anything other than a C. He hit a home run last year....I mean I would give him an A. All the talent he brought in..but this year...its probably a D on what he brought in....but the great thing is that a lot of these guys have time to develope. I hope he can turn back around and have another great year next year but he is going to have to own that T Rich trade for a long time...hopefully our RB has a big turn around next year...or at least a big playoffs.

FA moves were ok, nothing too spectacular.  Maybe the main issue there was there went quite early when guys were probably getting overpaid, whereas teams that waited longer were able to pick up some better value after the early rush.

Draft seemed a mess in my opinion.  Two of the biggest concerns last season were the O-Line and the number of drops by anyone other than Wayne.  Hilton/D Allen/Fleener could all be expected to make some improvement but there was a real need in the other receiver spot for someone who could work outside and actually catch the ball.

With those things in mind I took particular note of who the highest rated players were at guard, center and wide receiver before the draft.  The early rush on OL with Cooper, Warmack and Long all gone by pick 24 means guard wasn't likely.  But at center you had Schwenke rated by many as the best center and he lasted until round 4.  The WRs had no standout but the guys that seemed to be considered to have the safest hands were Hopkins, Woods and Keenan Allen.  Even with the knee injury query the fact Allen lasted until the 3rd round now looks like a missed opportunity when someone like that with proven production would have filled a huge need straight away-not the sort of project player WRs teams sometimes overdraft.

Add in that we've again seen late round running backs like Zac Stacy and Andre Ellington have some impact yet the Colts went and gave up next years 1st rounder for a guy who has shown zero impact, and the whole draft looks a mess.  There were three clear needs, with guard they ended up with a guy who looks ok at times but jury is still out.  At center we've got a guy with serious injury history who can't even get on the field and he wasn't drafted many picks after Schwenke. And WR was left alone to rely on DHB as the number 2/3 guy.

Would have gone C or D before Richardson trade, that pushed it to an F.