Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RESPECT from the media and the coaching staff....

bluephantom87

Games like this are why the media are skeptical about the Colts. For every big win the Colts have accomplished this season they also have losses to subpar teams like the Rams, Chargers and Dolphins not to mention the Raider game in which they barely pulled off or the Texan game in which many outside Indy felt that Kubes going down right before halftime (leaving a void in the playcalling) directly lead to the Texans losing. I'm still not sold on this staff. Austin came into the game DEAD LAST in punt return avg yet the Colts continued to make him look the second coming. Punt the ball out of bounds!! Bench Reed or make it CLEAR to kneel down in the endzone ESPECIALLY if it's costing field position. Hard for me to believe it took that long to come out of man coverage on defense. SPEED kills!! Is DHB the best option with all the drops? At this point give Rogers a shot. The man was a stud with the Vols and we are in WEEK 10. I'm sure he has some type of basic concept with the playbook by now and they MUST see some type of growth in him or he wouldn't be taking up a spot. Remember Garcon started on the practice squad. Sometimes you HAVE to shake things up if no more than to let guys know playing time is EARNED not GIVEN. This o-line is getting worse by the week and that power running game is a non factor under T Rich. That's 2 teams in the past TWO seasons who have spent a first rounder on Trent with little gain. It is what it is. Now instead of making excuses or trying to force the issue Pep needs to FIGURE a way to get Trent into space in order to succeed. At least Trent showed some flash in the passing game today. The d-line is getting no push and I'm starting to think Mathis is a one man gang. Is Landry still hurt cause I'm not seeing the same FEARED player on the field since the injury. When you get BEAT DOWN by 30 at HOME to a BAD TEAM with a backup qb it's time for concern. :nono2:

Weird season, win against Broncos, Seattle, & San Fran...

Lose to Miami, Chargers, & St. Louis...

Weird...

You are correct and don't forget about the near miss to the Raiders. Seems like the Colts are playing down to level of comp but this Ram beatdown by 30 at home is more troubling than the others considering how they looked last week in the first half against the Texans BEFORE Kubes went down. We all know the woes on offense but the defense have been giving up BIG plays the last couple of weeks too.

You are correct and don't forget about the near miss to the Raiders. Seems like the Colts are playing down to level of comp but this Ram beatdown by 30 at home is more troubling than the others considering how they looked last week in the first half against the Texans BEFORE Kubes went down. We all know the woes on offense but the defense have been giving up BIG plays the last couple of weeks too.

Diehard fan here but lets get real,we are not ready to compete for a championship.Part of it is injuries and part is our trenches are just not that good,bad o-line and a d-line needs impact players.Now we lose a first round choice for the pathetic looking richardson.We will win division because lets be honest its a bad division.But we need better players.

Diehard fan here but lets get real,we are not ready to compete for a championship.Part of it is injuries and part is our trenches are just not that good,bad o-line and a d-line needs impact players.Now we lose a first round choice for the pathetic looking richardson.We will win division because lets be honest its a bad division.But we need better players.

Better players, or better plays (or both)?  I'd add we need better coaching to the mix..  My complaint is that we seem to be forcing a game-plan onto the players that the players can't execute (for whatever reason). Even more, we don't adapt that game-plan when it isn't working. Seems to me that is the source of the inconsistent play, and that applies to both offense and defense (special teams gets a temporary pass).

Better players, or better plays (or both)?  I'd add we need better coaching to the mix..  My complaint is that we seem to be forcing a game-plan onto the players that the players can't execute (for whatever reason). Even more, we don't adapt that game-plan when it isn't working. Seems to me that is the source of the inconsistent play, and that applies to both offense and defense (special teams gets a temporary pass).

Yes coaching as well,manusky, getting burned by austin but stays in man coverage.Should of switched to a zone scheme.

Agree. Was watching NFL Insider and a couple of more shows in which they said they're not buying the Colts as a POWER running team especially with that o-line who can't even hold up in pass protection. Chuck said after the game they need to get BACK to the run game. :facepalm: (which by the way has been getting WORSE week by week with T Rich as the feature back) Changes NEED to be made instead of making excuses. Losing to the Rams CAN happen (any given Sunday) but by 30 at HOME to a team on a 3 game losing streak (6 total losses) with a bad backup qb at the helm cannot just be swept under the rug as a bad game. Since the second half of the Bronco game in which Luck only passed for 20 something yds in the 3rd and 4th qrt COMBINED while the defense barely held off a furious comeback by the Broncos who STILL had a chance to win despite the big lead built by the Colts.(who had another slow start in that game too) I don't see the aggression on defense or offense to START games. Luck is off because he has NO time in the pocket and NOW has no threat of a run game yet Pep is STILL calling play action. I'm surprised Luck's stats aren't worse!! :worthy: