Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Boom Herron

krunk

I can't remember who I was arguing with about picking up that guy, but I know I made some negative comments when we did.  Although not a large body of work, I must say I admired his physical running style on that long run he had.  I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more. It was only one play but I was impressed.

I can't remember who I was arguing with about picking up that guy, but I know I made some negative comments when we did.  Although not a large body of work, I must say I admired his physical running style on that long run he had.  I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more. It was only one play but I was impressed.

That may have been me, if you were the one who wanted Carter back instead of him. 

I hope we never need him this year, because that means injury.  But he's a good solid back.  And I'm not just saying that because he's a Buckeye, I'm saying it because I watched him play a lot as a Buckeye.

Was impressed with that play. Thought he'd go down when there was contact but did well and almost got a TD. First time i've actually seen the guy play, not sure if he played in the last few games because i haven't had chance to watch any games for about a month. Has he?

Think he's proved himself today. Well at least to get a few more carries and be in on a few more plays. 

Dear Mr. Irsay,

I am a loyal fan of the horseshoe and like any fan, seem to walk away from losses with more questions than answers.  That said, and as you seem to see the field like we do, thank you for answering the following questions (or any other fan who may know):  

LARON LANDRY: I know he stuffs the tackle sheet, but he has not been the Bob Sanders or Troy Polamalu that I was expecting him to be-- Sanders and Polamalu are/were in on every play and intimidating offenses... where is LaRon in the category of intimidation?

KAVELL CONNOR:  He is bigger and faster than Angerer on the field (I have never seen Connor get pushed backwards by anyone), why is he not the starting ILM?  Colts insiders and coaches seem to love both Angerer and DHB, but to me, from what I am seeing on television, they do not seem like our best options.

DHB:  Either he has an eyesight problem (have they checked his eyesight with a doctor?) or a hand-eye deficiency, the latter of which is not correctable at this level.  He was hired to stretch the field and be our long ball threat, and has done neither--is this being addressed?  Can we try him as a kick returner instead of a receiver?

FIELD POSITION:  Why is David Reed as our kick returner not being corrected?  Until we have a bonafide kick returner, which he is not, then the ball should be downed anytime it is in the end zone.  Cassius Vaghaun has shown better instincts, why is he not returning kicks? One thing I know about special teams, nothing means more to Irsay on the field of play, yet our special teams play is getting worse and worse.

POOR STARTS:  The biggest cliche on offense around the league is "the run sets up the pass."  Do you realize "the pass sets up the run" as well?  Why are we not throwing the short passes, mis-direction, picks plays-- borrowing pages from Alex Smith and Phillip Rivers who have had great success getting rid of the ball quickly this year?  Are we really sure that Clyde Christenson is our best quarterback coaching option and Pep Hamilton our best offensive coordinator option?  It does seem like we have the player talent, but not necessarily the coaching talent, am I wrong in this observation?  

DEFENSE DECLINING:  This time of year separates the men from the boys.  Our defense is getting worse by the week.  It seems to be that our defense is thinking too much and not playing with their instincts.  Does Manusky have the track record and past to prove he knows how to improve at this point in the season?  Has he done this anywhere else prior to this season as a defensive coordinator?

These questions are not meant to single anyone out or be negative, as I am sure everyone is pouring their heart and soul into their job.  These are simply Monday morning observations from a fan who admits that calling it like he sees it, is an uninformed and probably naive-- hence the questions and gratitude for any answers.