Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN - Broncos 2 biggest worries, Protecting Peyton & Von Millers Weight Gain robbing him of his speed & Flexibilty

bayone

Two biggest reasons to hang on to the worry beads: 

Start with the ability to protect Manning, especially in the team’s preferred three-wide set. Manning took far too much punishment in the three games before the bye and the best pass-rush teams the Broncos will face this season still remain on the schedule.

Defensively, whether it be injuries or other reasons, the Broncos have only sporadically reached playoff level so far this season. Many folks in and around the league also believe linebacker Von Miller’s weight gain has not helped his play in his first two games back, that the added upper-body bulk has robbed him of some of the fast-twitch quickness off the ball and flexibility to bend that has made him a special pass-rusher in his first two seasons. The Broncos need that guy. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/2127/a-full-look-at-half-a-broncos-season

Many folks in and around the league also believe linebacker Von Miller’s weight gain has not helped his play in his first two games back, that the added upper-body bulk has robbed him of some of the fast-twitch quickness off the ball and flexibility to bend that has made him a special pass-rusher in his first two seasons. The Broncos need that guy. 

I hadn't heard that, but the moment I heard Miller talking about how he spent his "vacation" I went

scooby_doo_2.jpg?w=300&h=225

"PLEASE tell me that this was with the full knowledge and approval of someone who actually has a clue".

"We’ve got to just to keep plugging away and keep finding ways to win games," Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker said."

Actually no Wes, players like Kevin Vickerson need to keep their wits about them & stop committing bone headed penalties which give opposing QBs 1st downs. 

I wanna here from DC Jack Del Rio & how he plans to clean up lapses in concentration, mental breakdowns, & putting the offense in less than stellar field position. 

Two biggest reasons to hang on to the worry beads: 

Start with the ability to protect Manning, especially in the team’s preferred three-wide set. Manning took far too much punishment in the three games before the bye and the best pass-rush teams the Broncos will face this season still remain on the schedule.

Defensively, whether it be injuries or other reasons, the Broncos have only sporadically reached playoff level so far this season. Many folks in and around the league also believe linebacker Von Miller’s weight gain has not helped his play in his first two games back, that the added upper-body bulk has robbed him of some of the fast-twitch quickness off the ball and flexibility to bend that has made him a special pass-rusher in his first two seasons. The Broncos need that guy. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/2127/a-full-look-at-half-a-broncos-season

Miller looked very good against Washington..he's not a concern at all if he stays off the weed..

Pass blocking for Peyton is always a worry...Denver's already on their backup center and LT..

One more injury and Winston Justice is out there...

I hadn't heard that, but the moment I heard Miller talking about how he spent his "vacation" I went

"PLEASE tell me that this was with the full knowledge and approval of someone who actually has a clue".

Miller had said he gained 15 or 20 pounds of muscle , is stronger , leaner as less % body fat and jusst as fast, this was during his suspension, sory no link ,  the article is  by By Jeff Legwold who prior to starting wwork for ESPN this year was the Denver Posts writer on the Broncos and an AP Voter for varying end year awards ,dont know if still is or if by move Denver no longer has an AP local voter just like Indy doesnt

Since he was the Denver Posts  Broncos writer for years  he may or may not have some inside knowledge / contacts still with the organization

Miller looked very good against Washington..he's not a concern at all if he stays off the weed..

Pass blocking for Peyton is always a worry...Denver's already on their backup center and LT..

One more injury and Winston Justice is out there...

was alot better than Vs Colts, may just need time to get the rust off, but as I noted in comment 7 just befotre this if anyone has some inside knowledge its the ESPN writer Jeff Legwold , who untill this years wrote for years as the Denver Post Broncos writer

PS On the weight gain 

Oct 17 Denver Web Site

During linebacker Von Miller’s six-game suspension, he wasn’t able to practice with the team. But he was allowed to use the team’s weight room and it sure seems like he took advantage of that.

“Best shape of my life,” Miller said. “I feel a lot stronger, quicker and faster.”

Once his suspension began, Miller made the weight room a second home, training with Strength and Conditioning Coach Luke Richesson and his assistants Jason George, Anthony Lomando and Mike Eubanks.

Miller reported to training camp at 245 pounds and since then has put on an additional 16 pounds – 15 of them muscle.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Miller-Returns-in-%E2%80%98Best-Shape-of-My-Life%E2%80%99/a5249830-917d-4fa4-a55a-67a62ced8c53

"We’ve got to just to keep plugging away and keep finding ways to win games," Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker said."

Actually no Wes, players like Kevin Vickerson need to keep their wits about them & stop committing bone headed penalties which give opposing QBs 1st downs. 

I wanna here from DC Jack Del Rio & how he plans to clean up lapses in concentration, mental breakdowns, & putting the offense in less than stellar field position. 

Welker is better when he is making foot jokes.