Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts pass toughest test with flying colors

CroatianColtsFan21

I was honestly surprised at our fans.  I really thought it somewhat would have been a house divided.  But the article hit the nail on the head, the fans paid their respects, honored Peyton, but at kickoff, it was all Colts.  I wasn't there, but I was honestly proud of our fans.  Glad to physically see the rest of the fans come around.

I wasn't there, but watching on TV, you could feel the energy in the Stadium Sunday night. The crowd was loud, even with the roof open. Way to go Colts fans. I think Peyton was fighting back tears during the tribute.(Irsay's plan to throw off peyton's focus worked I think)

As I said in another thread, most fans were up and screaming EVERY defensive down. In the last 11 years that I've be a STH, I'd only ever seen the majority of the stadium get out of their seats for 3rd or 4th downs before, so it was a beautiful site. I just wish the 12th man would show up like that every home game.

I was honestly surprised at our fans.  I really thought it somewhat would have been a house divided.  But the article hit the nail on the head, the fans paid their respects, honored Peyton, but at kickoff, it was all Colts.  I wasn't there, but I was honestly proud of our fans.  Glad to physically see the rest of the fans come around.

yeah i was pretty impressed with our fan base just as well. I was expecting a lot to be for Manning but wow. i gotta try to find the denver article where a reporter asked Welker about his performance and he said he could hardly hear manning audible because of the crowd noise being so loud. He actually said it was the loudest he has ever had to play in. something like that coming from Welker says a lot about our fan base

yeah i was pretty impressed with our fan base just as well. I was expecting a lot to be for Manning but wow. i gotta try to find the denver article where a reporter asked Welker about his performance and he said he could hardly hear manning audible because of the crowd noise being so loud. He actually said it was the loudest he has ever had to play in. something like that coming from Welker says a lot about our fan base

please, do..

Couldn't help noticing the omission of Walden's play in the article. Caused the int., caused the fumble at the 2yard line, recovered Peyton's fumble for the safety and played a very good all around game. SB Nation hated the signing and guess they won't acknowledge his good play.

That's awesome, if you find it, definitely post it.

I was at the game and it was by far the loudest I have ever heard it. Including the 4th and 2 game against the Pats in '09.

Really wasn't sure how the fan reaction would be coming in and was somewhat worried.. But after the tribute it was all blue & white. Fans on their feet every down, it was an awesome experience

I was there, and the noise meter they should on on the big screen was floored all the way over in the red. I havent ever seen it just sitting on the last digit. Usually it moves back and forth but not Sunday night. When the D was on the field the noise meter was up as far as it could go.

I was there, and the noise meter they should on on the big screen was floored all the way over in the red. I havent ever seen it just sitting on the last digit. Usually it moves back and forth but not Sunday night. When the D was on the field the noise meter was up as far as it could go.

Would love to hear how it rated against the Seahawks old record and Chiefs new one for volume.

Fans had their chance to thank Manning, get closure and move on to the present.  Peyton had left without the fans saying goodbye.  This was that chance and the fans responded in the classy way that Manning derserved.  With the win a new era truly has begun!  GO COLTS!