Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WRs going forward

ColtsFanMikeC

I am optimistic that we will bring either Rogers or Whalen up from the PS.

I kind of wish we would take both of them up and get rid of Reed -- as it looked like Vaughn was an improvement over him in the kicking game.

With Reggie going down, it will be up to DHB, TY, Brazzill, and Fleener to step up big time (and hopefully T.Rich and the OL can start bringing the noise with the run game to allow us to continue to utilize Donnie Brown as effectively as we have).

I am a little worried, as I like TY as our punt-returner -- but with his size, I worry that if we need to rely on him more as a WR, that we will need to cut back the amount we use him as our PR.  I am wondering if Vaughn or Brazzill can step into this role.

I was excited with what I saw from Brazzill last year, and remember Wayne saying brazzill was probably the fastest WR on the team.  I am very interested to see what will happen with his role and TY's role as we move forward.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that Rogers will be a big surprise, but I think at first we need to count on the guys on the active roster to step up and carry the workload.

I think we should stick with what we have for now and see how things go. If the FO feel we need another pair of hands in a couple of weeks then I'm down.

I definitely agree with you about Reed. Cut him and bring up Rogers and Whalen!

Problem with a couple of weeks is that the trade deadline will have already passed. Could still sign a vet free agent though if need be. I say Rogers has all the potential in the world to be a solid contributor for us

Problem with a couple of weeks is that the trade deadline will have already passed. Could still sign a vet free agent though if need be. I say Rogers has all the potential in the world to be a solid contributor for us

Yeah I was strictly talking about free agents.

I wouldn't be against a trade for Josh Gordon if it's not too expensive but I don't see any other potential trades on the horizon.

When exactly is the trade deadline, out of interest?

Yeah, stay with what we have...promote from the PS...and coach em' up.

....oh yeah, dump Reed to make the other roster spot.

Ok. now I'm really concerned. As much as I believe in the next man up thing, reggie wayne is not a presence you can replace with guys like lavon brazill or who ever.

we need to either:

1: sign an experienced veteran who wasn't released for poor play.

2: make a trade for a decent receiver for one of our picks.

3: If we are gonna do the next man up thing, bring griff whalen back.