Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will get Reggie's workload?

Ohio Colt

Meh, Still got to kick the tires and see if he would come to Indy, Wonder if he is in football shape though and healthy but thats what kickin the tires is for, Good receiver especially for a 1 year deal

Brandon Lloyd is done. Not in football shape, and not interested in playing anymore. Has already turned down interest from six teams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/lloyd-has-rejected-at-least-six-inquiries-about-playing/

Are you saying DHB has only dropped 2 catchable balls all year by your account? You haven't watched his games, he dropped more than 2 in the San Diego game alone I believe. He has had his issues with those hands.

As info, there is a difference between a drop and a 'catchable ball.'  I was wrong on a couple of Fleener's 'catchables vs. drops.'  Same with DHB.

well that stinks

Not really. I wouldn't have been all that interested in Lloyd anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in a veteran, but not him. I'd rather have Stokley, and I don't really want Stokley either. Would be nice if Collie were still available. Slim pickings right now.

Guest TeamLoloJones

well that stinks

Not saying this is going to happen...but best case scenario...Brazill gets his shot and becomes the next Victor Cruz.  Here's to hoping.

Whalen will be brought up from the practice squad. Whalen is the only option to replace the chemistry Wayne had with Luck. While not nearly as talented as Reggie, he does have chemistry with Luck. This is a huge loss, Reggie is the team leader and the guy who keeps the young guys in check. He is Lucks safety blanket. Luck knows that he can always count on Reggie to be where he is suppose to be each and every play, this is a big comfort to a QB. Whalen does not have anywhere near the talent that Wayne has, but maybe with his chemistry with Luck, he can bring some sort of comfort to Luck, by knowing he will be where he should be on every play. Coby Fleener will have to step up and replace some of the comfort Wayne provided also. Reggie Wayne can not be replaced, but hopefully with the famillarity he has with Whalen and Fleener they can softend the blow.  The silver lining in all this is the current WR's will get more catches and Luck will be forced to spread the ball around more and improve his chemistry with the remaining WR's........but that is not going to help us as much this season, as it will next season. It will be interesting to see how the team responds.     "GO COLTS"

Chris Mortenson just reported that its very unlikely the Colts make a trade considering we already gave up our 1st, 4th, 7th round picks for the 2014 draft. 

We should jump at the chance to acquire a talent like Gordon for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick, Will Indy find another talent like Gordon in the middle rounds of the 2014 draft?? I think not. 

Mathis, Wayne (will be around the team till the end) Chuck will not let him act the fool. I think it would be a great trade. 

If wayne is out i'd say one of three things; 1. Promote within, next man up sort of style. 2. force a trade 3. Sign a vet FA

for 1. i would say hilton becomes no 1, DHB stays 2. Brazill in the slot. Rodgers/Whalen as 4. And Reed as the 5th wr and return man.

2. I reckon we would trade for Kenny Britt, seen stories like that for a while. I'm a bit opposed to it but i honestly think an injury to Wayne could be that catalyst for that to come true.

3. Sign someone like Stokley, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss. Someone who has been around forever and would be good for a 1 year fill in. If he wasn't in speculation for being inducted to the HOF I would consider having someone like Marvin back. Don't need to be starter quality but just someone who can contribute.

Please no! We will not sign chad or Terrell. We don't need all the media attention right now. Maybe Randy Moss!!! I would love that