Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Sanders is the biggest reason Irsay has a Super Bowl ring not Manning!

jshipp23

I am amazed at how little you actually know. To be a Colts fan and post on here in such a black & white, know-it-all style that you do and then not know basic stuff, like Irsay having daughters who will eventaully take over ownership. Or in the case of this thread, claiming Sanders was DPoY the season they won the Super Bowl. Simply not accurate and kind of funny.

I don't take the time to google everything before I post I do it off the cuff, and that was 7 years ago I had a lot going on then, I know Sanders is the reason our defense became what it was and got 06' and 07' confused and admit that....So kill me...And I never cared about Irsays family or paid attention till I started seeing he don't look to good lately and I wanted to know who the heir to the throne was...If that's all you got I'm happy for you...I never said I was right all the time and I'm the first to admit that and give other's credit when they are right...I don't really recall a single post you ever made so I can't really call you out on anything...

I bought my son a Bob Sanders jersey that year. He was our favorite player.

Me too..Bought my son, daughter, and mom Bob Sanders jerseys...He was my all time favorite so I'm a little biased,and it sucks he got hurt it would have been nice to see him do that for years...We might have 3 or 4 Super Bowls if he stayed healthy..

I'm tired of Manning getting all this credit for the Super Bowl and building the stadium...The biggest reason we won the SB was Bob Sanders and his Defensive Player of the Year performance all year and in the playoffs...Manning was average in the playoffs that year as usual and we won with Defense...Say what you want about Sanders being hurt... That year was one of the best single season performances ever on defense and he needs some credit...He was hurt a lot because of the fury he played with, but give him credit for what he did for us...

Wow you like to play every angle don't you?  Anything to stir the pot and try to rile people up.  

1. The colts wouldn't have even been in the playoffs had it not been for Manning

2. Anyone who has a clue has acknowledged that the one SB win the colts have was because they played great as an all around team (running game and defense included).  That's why most people want this new Luck era to be different, with a balanced team on both offense and defense.  However you and a few others insist that the only way we can win is to put it all on Luck's shoulders the way they put it all on Manning's shoulders

3. Incidentally, this is exactly what Irsay was talking about when he said the colts should have won more than 1 SB in the Peyton era, because he realizes the only time they won was when the defense showed up to play in the playoffs.  However you  and a few others try to turn this around to say that Irsay was slapping Manning in the face even though Irsay's comments had nothing to do with Manning but rather with the way the team was built. 

Wow you like to play every angle don't you?  Anything to stir the pot and try to rile people up.  

1. The colts wouldn't have even been in the playoffs had it not been for Manning

2. Anyone who has a clue has acknowledged that the one SB win the colts have was because they played great as an all around team (running game and defense included).  That's why most people want this new Luck era to be different, with a balanced team on both offense and defense.  However you and a few others insist that the only way we can win is to put it all on Luck's shoulders the way they put it all on Manning's shoulders

3. Incidentally, this is exactly what Irsay was talking about when he said the colts should have won more than 1 SB in the Peyton era, because he realizes the only time they won was when the defense showed up to play in the playoffs.  However you  and a few others try to turn this around to say that Irsay was slapping Manning in the face even though Irsay's comments had nothing to do with Manning but rather with the way the team was built. 

Edgerrin had plenty of 1,000 plus pro bowl years in that offense, and Richardson would too used correctly....I want to run the ball, I just don't want to have to bring a 6th O-linemen and Fb on the field to do it and leave the defense no doubt what we are gonna do so they can put 10 men in the box.....We will never be successful long term running goal line offense from our own 20 no matter what you think...

I don't take the time to google everything before I post I do it off the cuff, and that was 7 years ago I had a lot going on then, I know Sanders is the reason our defense became what it was and got 06' and 07' confused and admit that....So kill me...And I never cared about Irsays family or paid attention till I started seeing he don't look to good lately and I wanted to know who the heir to the throne was...If that's all you got I'm happy for you...I never said I was right all the time and I'm the first to admit that and give other's credit when they are right...I don't really recall a single post you ever made so I can't really call you out on anything...

I don't google anything either - I just know things.

You never said you are right all the time? High comedy there. E-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e post you make has a "I know more about the game the game, the Colts, the league, the draft than you do" feel to it. Everything you say is stated as fact when it is anything but.