Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will be considered a successful season for Chuck and the Colts?

bluephantom87

I think this team is expecting to get back to the playoffs. Which I think all teams are hoping to do anyway.

I think this team is also hoping to make legit playoff noise......how much cannot be predicted IMO.

And I am sure they would love to reclaim the division title too. That would be huge.

We are not a SB or bust team by any means but I think this team wants/expects to make some noise this year in general and to improve upon last season. And to improve upon last season would likely be division title and/or playoff win.

IMO if we were to get a home playoff game that would be freaking huge!!!! Stating the obvious but hosting a playoff game would increase our chances a lot more then going on the road in WC weekend!!!

Don't take this the wrong way but I think what Chuck will find as a good season at least on some level is coaching all 16 games and I don't say that as a joke or to be a jerk.  After what he went through last year I am sure that milestone a lone will mean something to him.  With that said I am sure he expects the playoffs for this team, heck judging by the shirts he gave the guys at camp I think he expects more than that.

And don't buy into the 3rd easiest schedule thing.....that can be misleading

Yeah, I agree. How can we possibly have the 3rd easiest schedule when we play Denver, San Fran, Seattle, and Houston twice?

Most of the teams that are supposed to be easy opponents won't be. Miami could win the AFC East. St Louis is a team on the rise. Arizona will be much improved with Arians. Kansas City only needed leadership as it sent more players to the Pro Bowl than any other team last year. Tennessee and Jacksonville are division opponents.

I believe the only 2 easy games we have are Oakland and San Diego. We play Oakland on opening day where anything can happen, and have to fly to San Diego on Monday night and deal with Freeney and possibly Nevis now too.

Considering what Bruce did with a "pieced together" team last year vs a deeper improved team this year. The young skill players on offense should build on their success and continue to blossom. The Colts have the 3rd easiest schedule this year. Bruce had a more aggresive approach last year especially on offense but also on challenges and going for it on 4th downs. Now I know a lot had to do with the team playing over their heads for Chuckstrong but I feel the real key this year will be what Pep brings to the table. Didn't see much stretching the field in training camp or in preseason and I understand they want to run the ball more to protect Luck but a better o-line will accomplish that. The ground game should be solid with a healthy Bradshaw along with Ballard and Brown but the strength of the offense is still the passing game with Luck. I know Pep likes to pound the ball and favors a short passing game with a 2 sometime 3 te sets (Lucks % will go up) but with TY and DHB you must take your shots downfield. Hopefully he can mix his system but also cater to the talent at hand. The defense can only get better with added playmakers who also fit the scheme. Special teams so far remind me of Colts past. :facepalm:  Thoughts coltsnation?

Never say that something 'can only get better'

Things can always go BOTH ways

We dont know if Bradshaw is healthy..and we cant  'pound the ball'

With that said, the coaches will realize our strengths and use Luck to throw the ball..what he does best

A successful season in the NFL is making the playoffs.

If they don't make the playoffs..even at 10-6..that is a failure