Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darrius Heyward-Bey's Knee Injury Comes Back Negative.

Dark Superman

Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Colts

Coach Chuck Pagano said an MRI on Darrius Heyward-Bey's left knee came back negative.

The MRI confirmed that Heyward-Bey did not sustain any ligament tears. As previously reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, he has an MCL sprain and is expected to be sidelined for a few weeks. The Colts have officially listed DHB as "day to day." T.Y. Hilton is going to run away with the No. 2 wideout job.

Source: Kevin Bowen on Twitter Aug 6 - 11:29 AM

Thank god. This is great news. Appears there was no ligament damage to DHBs knee.. He is listed day to day instead of being out multiple weeks. Good news!

Me too. I just want to see DHB on the field week 1 against Oakland.

Not only do I think you'll see DHB on the field week 1...   I don't think you have to worry about TYH running away with the 2nd WR spot.     TYH will get plenty of reps and catches, and he would even if DHB was never hurt.

But I think the team clearly likes what it has seen so far of DHB.    So, I think you'll be happy with how much we use him once he's healthy.

No need to worry....  at least,  not yet....

ESPN's Chris Mortensen updated his report Tuesday about Darrius Heyward-Bey's left knee injury, saying DHB does not have an MCL sprain and is "day to day" with a sprained knee.

"I got a message last night that it was not a sprained MCL," said Mort. "... Sprained knee and day to day." This aligns with reports out of Indianapolis, where Heyward-Bey underwent an MRI and the team is calling him day to day. Heyward-Bey now figures to return in a matter of days as opposed to weeks, although he's still losing ground in the No. 2 receiver battle with T.Y. Hilton.

Not only do I think you'll see DHB on the field week 1...   I don't think you have to worry about TYH running away with the 2nd WR spot.     TYH will get plenty of reps and catches, and he would even if DHB was never hurt.

But I think the team clearly likes what it has seen so far of DHB.    So, I think you'll be happy with how much we use him once he's healthy.

No need to worry....  at least,  not yet....

TY's skill-set, size and attributes reckons him perfect for the slot position anyway. Conventional wisdom tells me that DHB wasn't signed to be a #3. If that's where DHB fell, I would be worried in what the staff values him at.