Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 07/25 "COUNTDOWN TO CAMP"

sb41champs

1 A.  The Indianapolis Star - print AND online editions.

1 B.  www.colts.com

I seldom read the Indianapolis Star myself for 2 reasons: I like a wider net of analysis division by division & one of my friends always posts the most relevant stories or links from the the Star on the Forum anyway so I rarely even look at it. I have no problem with the high caliber of journalists employed there either. Besides, Sirus XM is pretty darn comprehensive in their analysis with GM's, HC's, & premier players in this league. 

If you don't have Sirus XM Radio yet, get it. Trust me, it's worth it's weight in gold & the wide variety of music channels with no commercials kicks caboose. Play By Play game announcers for all 32 teams ain't too shabby either man.

Okay, SW1 will drop the sales pitch now.  haha

#1 Source: This forum

#2 Source: My :coltslogo: App

Go Colts!! :colts:

It would be kinda cool to see what the Colts App featured though. I'm not gonna buy an iphone just to find out though. But, it kept my buddy TK85 up & running when his Internet collapsed awhile back so it must be pretty sweet. Are you playing "Call Of Duty" again pal & reading Colts articles on your phone as we speak?  ;)  :thmup:

It would be kinda cool to see what the Colts App featured though. I'm not gonna buy an iphone just to find out though. But, it kept my buddy TK85 up & running when his Internet collapsed awhile back so it must be pretty sweet. Are you playing "Call Of Duty" again pal & reading Colts articles on your phone as we speak? ;) :thmup:

I know I use the Colts app during games when I can't get the game on tv, the Colts app gives me almost real time play by play updates which is awesome

It would be kinda cool to see what the Colts App featured though. I'm not gonna buy an iphone just to find out though. But, it kept my buddy TK85 up & running when his Internet collapsed awhile back so it must be pretty sweet. Are you playing "Call Of Duty" again pal & reading Colts articles on your phone as we speak? ;) :thmup:

I have a android, not an iPhone. IPhone are dumb lol

And I ordered a 100ft Ethernet cable to improve my online performance. Just waiting on Amazon to deliver it for me. And I'm always on the Colts app and this forum. There's a segment on the app with Jim sorgi called "Colts upclose". It's great video coverage and break down of the team and moves we make

All the colts writers(Chappel, Wilson, Bremer etc)and afc south writers(Paul Kahursky and Adam Schefter and Albert Breer on twitter

Shefty was made for "Twitter" man, especially during the NFL Draft. I see the value in Twitter with speed & quickness of information. I just wish Mike Mayock had an app or a website. That fella is my NFL Rabbi man. I drop everything when that man speaks. He is gridiron gospel to me. 

In no particular order, Colts.com, Colts Forum, Sirus Satellite Radio Channel 88 for extensive NFL coverage across the league. I love listening to Bob Lamey on Game Day too. Accept no substitutes...

I like Bob the best also. I invested in the radio converter a couple of years ago to match the radio with the TV broadcast. It makes for a more detailed call of the game as Bob is doing the radio thing. 

I have a android, not an iPhone. IPhone are dumb lol

And I ordered a 100ft Ethernet cable to improve my online performance. Just waiting on Amazon to deliver it for me. And I'm always on the Colts app and this forum. There's a segment on the app with Jim sorgi called "Colts upclose". It's great video coverage and break down of the team and moves we make

I would curious to see Jim Sorgi as a reporter actually. Do you like him? What's your overall assessment of him as a journalist? Hey BrentMc11 & NCF with your journalist backgrounds what do you 2 think of him as well in this capacity? You know SW1, the feedback of my friends really does matter. Thanks for letting me know what the Colts app does BTW. I hope you get your cable in the mail this week TK85. 

Yes, before you even ask, Jim Sorgi is a UW-Madison Alumni & I want my Badgers to represent with pride & excellence. SW1 keeps track of all Madison football players now in the league.

I would curious to see Jim Sorgi as a reporter actually. Do you like him? What's your overall assessment of him as a journalist? Hey BrentMc11 & NCF with your journalist backgrounds what do you 2 think of him as well in this capacity? You know SW1, the feedback of my friends really does matter. Thanks for letting me know what the Colts app does BTW. I hope you get your cable in the mail this week TK85.

Yes, before you even ask, Jim Sorgi is a UW-Madison Alumni & I want my Badgers to represent with pride & excellence. SW1 keeps track of all Madison football players now in the league.

He does pretty well and seems knowledgeable about the team in my opinion. Only problem I have with the segment is that it's 20mins sometimes even 30mins long. I have a short attention span so yeah that clashes with that. But overall, I'd give it 2 thumbs up :thmup: :thmup:

I like Bob the best also. I invested in the radio converter a couple of years ago to match the radio with the TV broadcast. It makes for a more detailed call of the game as Bob is doing the radio thing. 

I need to get 1 of those myself CC1. Watching a Colts game on broadcast TV with my satellite radio on at the same time is kind of strange with the brief delay in commentary, but you do get used to it. I just love when Bob gets excited during a touchdown. It's freakin' awesome & it always puts an enormous grin on my face! A turnover in our favor does the same exact thing to me too.  :yahoo:

I got Direct TV NFL Season Ticket this year, but SW1 will just turn the TV volume down & Listen to Bob Lamey on satellite radio at the same time still. 

He does pretty well and seems knowledgeable about the team in my opinion. Only problem I have with the segment is that it's 20mins sometimes even 30mins long. I have a short attention span so yeah that clashes with that. But overall, I'd give it 2 thumbs up :thmup: :thmup:

Wow, a 30 minute segment means that Sorgi better know what he talking about doesn't it? You can't hide behind generic answers like a reporter can with a brief 2 minute segment. Yeah, concentrating for a half hour & soaking up all the kernels of wisdom is easier said than done I will admit, but SW1 would rather listen to someone speak vs read a lengthy article too I guess. I'm glad to hear that Jim Sorgi is pulling his own weight though. Cool. 

I need to get 1 of those myself CC1. Watching a Colts game on broadcast TV with my satellite radio on at the same time is kind of strange with the brief delay in commentary, but you do get used to it. I just love when Bob gets excited during a touchdown. It's freakin' awesome & it always puts an enormous grin on my face! A turnover in our favor does the same exact thing to me too.  :yahoo:

I got Direct TV NFL Season Ticket this year, but SW1 will just turn the TV volume down & Listen to Bob Lamey on satellite radio at the same time still. 

For 2 years running I have got the chance to talk with Bob for a few minutes at Colts camp. He has his own golf cart right along with the coaches. He drives all around and stops and talks with the fans. He is the one who turned me on to the radio-TV converter after I spoke to him about the delay. A very nice man off air. 

For 2 years running I have got the chance to talk with Bob for a few minutes at Colts camp. He has his own golf cart right along with the coaches. He drives all around and stops and talks with the fans. He is the one who turned me on to the radio-TV converter after I spoke to him about the delay. A very nice man off air. 

Bob Lamey does seem to be a great guy though I've never had the pleasure of speaking with him directly. My buddy Lollygager on here got to chat with Tom Moore awhile back. INDY does have very nice people that reside there. Was the converter expensive?  

Thanks SDS. I appreciate that. You're alight man!  :hat: I'm putting this in my Safari browser toolbar ASAP!  :P

Is there a preferred time to tune in & listen during the regular & post season? I'm just curious. Like a certain night of the week at a specific time? 

there is indy sports talk pretty much from 10-7 every weekday. the colts tend to dominate the discussion. then of course they have pre & post game shows

i usually listen to it whenever i am at the computer. even though i can pick up the terrestrial broadcast, i tend to listen online

Bob Lamey does seem to be a great guy though I've never had the pleasure of speaking with him directly. My buddy Lollygager on here got to chat with Tom Moore awhile back. INDY does have very nice people that reside there. Was the converter expensive?  

The converter was $75 and I bought it at Fry's electronic store. I am sure you could order one on line. Maybe even a better price if you looked around. Maybe get out of the sales tax online too.  

there is indy sports talk pretty much from 10-7 every weekday. the colts tend to dominate the discussion. then of course they have pre & post game shows

i usually listen to it whenever i am at the computer. even though i can pick up the terrestrial broadcast, i tend to listen online

The converter was $75 and I bought it at Fry's electronic store. I am sure you could order one on line. Maybe even a better price if you looked around. Maybe get out of the sales tax online too.  

Thank you SDS & CC1 for answering my questions. I appreciate that.  :thmup: