Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you expect kaep, wilson, - and RG3 to have regression...

IndianaJones

this year? I fully expect all three to suffer from some form of regression or  "slump" ...simply due to the fact, their gimmicky offensive formation's are fully understood. My predictions: The niners will regret trading smith and the seahawks will falter, when wilson becomes the next tavarious jackson. The RG3 story will quietly end, with cousins taking his job due to outstanding play.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any scenario in which all three falter.  If there is one of them that I see having a regression, it's Wilson.  That division is so good and I think teams didn't prepare for him as much as they wanted to or should have.  He doesn't have the physical ability of Kaep or RG3.  But with the additions the Seahawks have made, I don't think he will have a terrible year.

I don't think there's any scenario in which all three falter.  If there is one of them that I see having a regression, it's Wilson.  That division is so good and I think teams didn't prepare for him as much as they wanted to or should have.  He doesn't have the physical ability of Kaep or RG3.  But with the additions the Seahawks have made, I don't think he will have a terrible year.

I think kaep really shot himself in the foot with that whole dolphin's hat stunt. If he shows any sign of regression, i don't think the niner fan's will have much mercy. I think wilson is similiar to their previous quarterback (jackson) ,so i'm not expecting too much from him. I think RG3 is in serious trouble and his future is in doubt, simply due to the fact of his sandlot ball type of play.Also, cousins is an equal talent, if not outright better.

Well, we shall see soon enough, i suppose. That's exactly how i see it playing out. But that's just my personal opinion.

Yes, we will see. My opinion? We see good football from all three of those guys for the next 7+ years and they become the cream of the crop in the NFC. But everyone has different opinions I suppose.

Wilson is the real deal, he doesn't need a "gimmicky" offense to succeed. The only thing he lacks is the prototypical height for a Qb other than that he is going to be a stud, somewhat of a young Drew Brees Imo.

I think wilson is better than the other two i previously mentioned, but i just don't see him improving upon his rookie year. I do believe he'll be solid, but not great, or elite. Just kinda there type of guy.

I think wilson is better than the other two i previously mentioned, but i just don't see him improving upon his rookie year. I do believe he'll be solid, but not great, or elite. Just kinda there type of guy.

So what you're saying is only your two favorite guys (Back-up QB Cousins and Andy Luck) are the only guys who have the ability and the chance to improve next year. Everyone else is doomed for failure and mediocrity. Sounds legit.

Yes, we will see. My opinion? We see good football from all three of those guys for the next 7+ years and they become the cream of the crop in the NFC. But everyone has different opinions I suppose.

I think wilson sticks, but kaep and RG3 washes out of the league in under 7 years. These guys won't last. We've seen similiar players before (ware,smith,davey,klingler...so on).

I think the only one who might regress a modest amount might by RG3 and that due to his injury....

Otherwise,  I'd be surprised....   whether or not you want to call their offenses gimmicky or not,  the other aspect they have going for them is they're surrounded by lots and lots of great talent.  

They've got RB's to fall back on...  WR/TE's to throw to...   Good HC/OC to make the most of the offense,  and defenses to keep them in the game....

My prediction is....   those three will be linked with Luck for the duration of their careers....

I think wilson sticks, but kaep and RG3 washes out of the league in under 7 years. These guys won't last. We've seen similiar players before (ware,smith,davey,klingler...so on).

No. We haven't seen anything like these kinds of players. Athletic QBs that can pass just as well as they can beat you with their feet, combined with high football I.Q.....There's a reason they were all in the playoffs coming out of a difficult NFC. We will see them all get better from here on out, there is so much potential and good football to be played.

So what you're saying is only your two favorite guys (Back-up QB Cousins and Andy Luck) are the only guys who have the ability and the chance to improve next year. Everyone else is doomed for failure and mediocrity. Sounds legit.

I actually would've taken cousins (just my own personal opinion) over luck, but luck is our guy and forever tied to our city, so i must cheer for him. The quarterback position is key to any franchise or future success. I'm actually quite high on foles and our own chandler harnish as well, but chandler is the definition of a long shot (which i fully understand).

I think kaep really shot himself in the foot with that whole dolphin's hat stunt. If he shows any sign of regression, i don't think the niner fan's will have much mercy. I think wilson is similiar to their previous quarterback (jackson) ,so i'm not expecting too much from him. I think RG3 is in serious trouble and his future is in doubt, simply due to the fact of his sandlot ball type of play.Also, cousins is an equal talent, if not outright better.

I don't think the Dolphins hat thing is a big deal.  If his play is better or worse, it won't be because of the hat.  I think Wilson has a far better mental grasp of the game than Tarvaris Jackson.  And RG3 seems to be healing well from his injury.  All signs are that he will be back to his usual self.  I also think it's a stretch to say Cousins is better.  I think Griffin is far more talented than Cousins. 

I actually would've taken cousins (just my own personal opinion) over luck, but luck is our guy and forever tied to our city, so i must cheer for him. The quarterback position is key to any franchise or future success. I'm actually quite high on foles and our own chandler harnish as well, but chandler is the definition of a long shot (which i fully understand).

I don't see why people like Foles so much.  He is a decent backup, but I don't think he did enough to show he should be a starter.  His numbers weren't that great.  Why do you like Foles?

Wilson is the 2nd best rookie from last year. I watched many Seahawks games(my roommate is a hawks fan) and I was very impressed. Sure Marshawn Lynch and a great defense certainly help but his throws looked great and not just a one-trick pony. He has really good escapability if the pocket breaks down also. With Percy Harvin added to that team, that offense could be VERY scary on top of that already scary defense. I will tell you though, I wouldn't of signed Percy to that kind of contract with his history of injuries and his attitude. 

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all of these 2nd year QBs develop, including Tannehill. I also want to see how RG3 comes back from that injury. I have a redskins friend that is jealous of our rebuild process and wishes Shanahan/Snyder would just leave, but we all know the latter will never happen. I just hope for their sake they don't rush him back in at start of regular season, Kirk Cousins is more than good enough to carry them for several games and give them a chance to make the playoffs. Will be interesting to watch...

No. We haven't seen anything like these kinds of players. Athletic QBs that can pass just as well as they can beat you with their feet, combined with high football I.Q.....There's a reason they were all in the playoffs coming out of a difficult NFC. We will see them all get better from here on out, there is so much potential and good football to be played.

These guys are surrounded by great players (wilson,RG3 and kaep) and offensive systems to mask their weaknesses. You could even say, their teams won in spite of them. The only reason the skins even snuck into the playoffs was because of kirk cousins saving their season in back-to-back weeks.

Whoa...whoa...whoa....did you just say you would take Cousins over Luck?  :lol:  Maybe over RG3 but definitely not over Luck.

These guys are surrounded by great players (wilson,RG3 and kaep) and offensive systems to mask their weaknesses. You could even say, their teams won in spite of them. The only reason the skins even snuck into the playoffs was because of kirk cousins saving their season in back-to-back weeks.

....no. Tell me, which of those teams made the playoffs in 2011. Then answer me how far did that one team that did go advance in the playoffs. And in case you didn't know, every team takes the liberty to display their quarterback's strengths and make him feel more comfortable while at the same time hiding his weaknesses. It's called common sense. I don't believe you could actually be serious about what you are saying. These guys led their teams to the postseason and are going to be doing so for a while. Tell me how many divisional games and big games Cousins won for the Redskins...he beat the Browns (lol) and that's about it. He will be right back on the bench come week one.

Whoa...whoa...whoa....did you just say you would take Cousins over Luck?  :lol:  Maybe over RG3 but definitely not over Luck.

Yes, i would have. I would've traded the pick, obtained multiple picks and drafted cousins. But i've grown to love luck though. He does have that certain "it" gene.

I wouldn't take him over either. The prospect is ludicrous.

Honestly, do you know anything about cousins, or his history? The guy's the real deal. He's the most charismatic, articulate, well spoken young quarterback in football (even luck can't compare in this regard).

Honestly, do you know anything about cousins, or his history? The guy's the real deal. He's the most charismatic, articulate, well spoken young quarterback in football (even luck can't compare in this regard).

Well-spoken does not translate to greatness. Otherwise Tebow would be the best QB of all-time.

Yes, i would have. I would've traded the pick, obtained multiple picks and drafted cousins. But i've grown to love luck though. He does have that certain "it" gene.

to each their own I guess. I just couldn't be happier with Luck. It would honestly be hard for me to take ANY QB in the league over Luck...and yes that includes Rodgers.

Well-spoken does not translate to greatness. Otherwise Tebow would be the best QB of all-time.

Actually, both he (tebow) and cousins (his father is a famous religious figure) come from similiar religious backgrounds, but cousins is a far better player. But i don't want to touch upon this topic much, because it doesn't really apply to football.

to each their own I guess. I just couldn't be happier with Luck. It would honestly be hard for me to take ANY QB in the league over Luck...and yes that includes Rodgers.

Oh, i love luck! I was ticked at first, because of the manning situation, but then i realized we were truly blessed to have a quarterback of his calibur. I gradually accepted him and he will be elite.

Actually, both he (tebow) and cousins (his father is a famous religious figure) come from similiar religious backgrounds, but cousins is a far better player. But i don't want to touch upon this topic much, because it doesn't really apply to football.

Religion and how well-spoken they are have nothing to do with football. You're right. But you're the one that brought them both up  -__-

So, you didn't even bother to form a complete sentence? Gotcha'...

Ithink RG3 might not start the season week 1 because of injury and kirk cousins will step in and show everyone why he was picked in the 4th round. Cousins will be the only rookie to regress.

Ithink RG3 might not start the season week 1 because of injury and kirk cousins will step in and show everyone why he was picked in the 4th round. Cousins will be the only rookie to regress.

Well, that is certainly bold dustin. But what if he doesn't underperform, ...then what? Let's say he's top five statiscally for quarterbacks, ...then what?

Well, that is certainly bold dustin. But what if he doesn't underperform, ...then what? Let's say he's top five statiscally for quarterbacks, ...then what?

Then Washington will get a lot in a trade for him. But hen again, with his questionable accuracy and pocket presence, I doubt he's anymore than solid.

Then Washington will get a lot in a trade for him. But hen again, with his questionable accuracy and pocket presence, I doubt he's anymore than solid.

Are you so sure... "questionable accuracy"? I believe he completed over 68% of his passes last year (yes,small sample size) and showed tremendous pocket awareness. Are you certain you're scouting the right guy? He completely gutted the browns D, which is considered by many to be elite(yes, the browns D is elite) and he marched down the field... convincingly on the eventual SUPERBOWL champs (baltimore). The reason RG3 even got into the playoffs is because of kirk.

Are you so sure... "questionable accuracy"? I believe he completed over 68% of his passes last year (yes,small sample size) and showed tremendous pocket awareness. Are you certain you're scouting the right guy? He completely gutted the browns D, which is considered by many to be elite(yes, the browns D is elite) and he marched down the field... convincingly on the eventual SUPERBOWL champs (baltimore). The reason RG3 even got into the playoffs is because of kirk.

I'm just going on what I saw from him in college. A decent game against the Browns and two throws against the Ravens impress me no more than his awful play in the playoff game swayed me to thinking he was bad.

He's no more than a career backup in the league imo. I think his ceiling is Jake Delhomme.

I'm just going on what I saw from him in college. A decent game against the Browns and two throws against the Ravens impress me no more than his awful play in the playoff game swayed me to thinking he was bad.

He's no more than a career backup in the league imo. I think his ceiling is Jake Delhomme.

I respect your own opinion dustin, but i can't allow you to bait me and then having you run for support (when you've lost debates) to mod's. I will add you to my ignore list, so there's no further misunderstandings.