I got this earlier today:

QB- Collin Kaepernick

RB- CJ Spiller

RB2: Chris Johnson

WR: Randall Cobb

WR2: Hakeem Nicks

WR3: Miles Austin

TE: Coby Fleener

K- Jason Hanson (i walked out and this auto picked for me)

D/ST- Steelers

Bench:

WR Lance Moore

RB Giovanni Bernard

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

QB- Matt Schaub

TE- Brandon Pettigrew

RB- Mike Goodson

this is what I always get in a 8 man league

QB-stafford, luck

RB-mccoy, chris johnson, reggie bush, givonni bernard

WR- calvin johnson, fitz, mike wallace, bowe, deandre hopkins

TE- veron davis

D- 49ers, texans

K - phil dawson

this is what I always get in a 8 man league

QB-stafford, luck

RB-mccoy, chris johnson, reggie bush, givonni bernard

WR- calvin johnson, fitz, mike wallace, bowe, deandre hopkins

TE- veron davis

D- 49ers, texans

K - phil dawson

This is what I got in an 8 man league a few moments ago, surprised by certain players available:

QB - Matt Ryan, Michael Vick

RB - Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Matt Forte, David Wilson, Le'Veon Bell, Giovanni Bernard

WR - Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Marques Colston, Jeremy Maclin

TE - Jason Witten, Antonio Gates

D - Texans

K - Greg Zeuerlein

I do at least one each week to help pass the time. At this point in time the players that I am targeting are:

QBs: Stafford, Luck, Palmer, RG3

RBs: Shady, Bush, SJax, CJ, Bradshaw, Ingram

WRs: White, Fitz, Wayne, T. Austin, Maclin, Gordon

TEs: Cook, Fleener, Allen, Olsen

DEFs: SF, SEA, TB, IND

Ks: Zuerlein, Tucker, Whocares

Here you go.  This is from Michael Fabiano.  Doesn't have a QB going until the 4th Round!!!

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap1000000214415/article/tom-brady-tumbles-in-latest-fantasy-mock-draft

One has to qualify QBs going later by stating whether it is a traditional league where QBs get 4 pts for passing TD or 6 pts for passing TD. Rodgers and Brees clearly qualify as round 2 QBs to me if you score 6 pts for a passing TD. The others go round 3 or later, IMO.

One has to qualify QBs going later by stating whether it is a traditional league where QBs get 4 pts for passing TD or 6 pts for passing TD. Rodgers and Brees clearly qualify as round 2 QBs to me if you score 6 pts for a passing TD. The others go round 3 or later, IMO.

yeah but i can kind of see his reasoning...... look at all the points those guys scored last year  RB's are almost the more dominat point scorer now.  but like you said it all depends on how your league scores  but i still thought that was crazy that he didn't have a qb going until the 4th..... i know that won't happen in my league

yeah but i can kind of see his reasoning...... look at all the points those guys scored last year  RB's are almost the more dominat point scorer now.  but like you said it all depends on how your league scores  but i still thought that was crazy that he didn't have a qb going until the 4th..... i know that won't happen in my league

I look at it this way.

A tier 1 QB throws for possibly 40 TDs, 4800 yards, 16 INTs (say), that is about an average of 2.5 TDs (15) plus 300 yards (12) minus 1 for an average of 26 points per game.

A tier 2 QB throws for possibly 32 TDs, 4000 yards, 16 INTs (say), that is about an average of 2 TDs (12) plus 250 yards (10) minus 1 for an average of 21 points per game.

A tier 1 RB has about 20 TDs (running and catching for 120 points) and has an average of about 2000 yards (running and catching for 200 points) for an average of 320 points over 16 games i.e. 20 points per game.

When I look at these numbers, when 6 pts are awarded to a QB pass, a tier 1 QB normally surpasses production of a tier 1 RB. So it is a cardinal sin to not draft Brees or Rodgers, who are the most pass happy tier 1 QBs in terms of attempts and red zone TD conversions within the first 2 rounds.

I think the numbers favor tier 2 QBs over tier 2 RBs if you ask me, if 6 pts are awarded to a QB pass.

I look at it this way.

A tier 1 QB throws for possibly 40 TDs, 4800 yards, 16 INTs (say), that is about an average of 2.5 TDs (15) plus 300 yards (12) minus 1 for an average of 26 points per game.

A tier 2 QB throws for possibly 32 TDs, 4000 yards, 16 INTs (say), that is about an average of 2 TDs (12) plus 250 yards (10) minus 1 for an average of 21 points per game.

A tier 1 RB has about 20 TDs (running and catching for 120 points) and has an average of about 2000 yards (running and catching for 200 points) for an average of 320 points over 16 games i.e. 20 points per game.

When I look at these numbers, when 6 pts are awarded to a QB pass, a tier 1 QB normally surpasses production of a tier 1 RB. So it is a cardinal sin to not draft Brees or Rodgers, who are the most pass happy tier 1 QBs in terms of attempts and red zone TD conversions within the first 2 rounds.

I think the numbers favor tier 2 QBs over tier 2 RBs if you ask me, if 6 pts are awarded to a QB pass.

Having said the above, the fact that puts RBs above most positions is purely quantity and that in a FLEX based league, you can play 3 of them while you can never play more than 1 QB :( plus the fact that the dropoff in quality in the RB position becomes significant.

Yep gotta pay attention to scoring, in a standard Yahoo default setting league I can totally see QB going in the 4th.     4 pts for a TD and -1 for an INT and Fumble.     QB is not as big as some may think in those formats.

RB and WR are the important positions in default scoring Yahoo leagues.

My main league is set up for BIG scoring.   

RB and WR scoring is basically the same.   No penalty for fumbles

QB gets 6 for passing TD's, and no penalties for INT's and fumbles.   Plus running yardage.

D      Big scorer, 2 for a sack, 1for INT, 1 for FF, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery,  10 for a shutout,  half a point per return yard. (not fond of rewarding return yardage)  But I am not the commish.

K      30+ 5pts, 40+ 7pts, 50+ 10pts...      K can really hook you up if he has a great day.

DP     2 Pts for solo tackle,  2 pts for sack, 2 pts for INT..     1 pt per asst tackle.   another big scorer. 

Skill position players also get credit for tackles   2 pts.    There are also yardage bonuses for skill players ...

This league pays

30 percent to SB winner

20 to the runner up

15 to D winners   of which there are 2  (30)

15  to total point winner at end of regular season play.

5   to high point week during the season.

100 dollar entry free, plus 5 dollars per transaction.     2 keepers.

Fun league...    it's been going since 97 when we had to pull stats out of USA today.. .  heeh...that sucked.

Here you go.  This is from Michael Fabiano.  Doesn't have a QB going until the 4th Round!!!

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap1000000214415/article/tom-brady-tumbles-in-latest-fantasy-mock-draft

Anyone else think that Cam Newton is consistently going way too early in mock drafts? I can't imagine taking Cam Newton anywhere earlier than the 4th, personally, but in mock drafts he's consistently gone by the second. Anyone else experiencing this?

Not in my mock drafts over at fantasyfootballcalculator dot com but, I am about to do one right now and I will post the results for you all to nitpic.

• 2 weeks later...

I did 3 drafts

1st  14 man   3rd pick

1. C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB) 

2. Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) 
3. Peyton Manning (Den - QB) 
4. Steve Smith (Car - WR) 
5. Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE) 
6. T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR) 
7. Vick Ballard (Ind - RB) 
8. Blair Walsh (Min - K) 
9. Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB) 
10. Zach Miller (Sea - TE) 
11. Ronnie Hillman (Den - RB) 
12. Denard Robinson (Jac - WR,RB) 
13. Tampa Bay (TB - DEF) 
14. Indianapolis (Ind - DEF) 
15. Brian Quick (StL - WR) 

2nd 12 man     1st pick

1. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) 

2. Percy Harvin (Sea - WR) 
3. Chris Johnson (Ten - RB) 
5. Mike Wallace (Mia - WR) 
6. Greg Olsen (Car - TE) 
7. Tony Romo (Dal - QB) 
8. Vick Ballard (Ind - RB) 
9. Anquan Boldin (SF - WR) 
10. Carson Palmer (Ari - QB) 
11. Heath Miller (Pit - TE) 
12. Tampa Bay (TB - DEF) 
13. Justin Tucker (Bal - K) 
14. Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR) 
15. Washington (Was - DEF) 

3rd 8 man     7th pick

2. Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR) 
4. Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) 
5. Darren McFadden (Oak - RB) 
6. Steve Smith (Car - WR) 
7. Owen Daniels (Hou - TE) 
8. Tavon Austin (StL - WR) 
9. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE) 
10. Green Bay (GB - DEF) 
11. Tony Romo (Dal - QB) 
12. Justin Tucker (Bal - K) 
13. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) 
14. Cincinnati (Cin - DEF) 
15. Anquan Boldin (SF - WR) 

I'm feeling pretty confident after those 3 drafts. How does everyone else think i did? I personally think i would do really well.

I did 3 drafts

1st  14 man   3rd pick

2. Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) 

3. Peyton Manning (Den - QB) 

5. Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE) 

6. T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR) 

7. Vick Ballard (Ind - RB) 

8. Blair Walsh (Min - K) 

9. Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB) 

10. Zach Miller (Sea - TE) 

11. Ronnie Hillman (Den - RB) 

12. Denard Robinson (Jac - WR,RB) 

13. Tampa Bay (TB - DEF) 

14. Indianapolis (Ind - DEF) 

15. Brian Quick (StL - WR) 

2nd 12 man     1st pick

1. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) 

2. Percy Harvin (Sea - WR) 

5. Mike Wallace (Mia - WR) 

6. Greg Olsen (Car - TE) 

7. Tony Romo (Dal - QB) 

8. Vick Ballard (Ind - RB) 

9. Anquan Boldin (SF - WR) 

10. Carson Palmer (Ari - QB) 

11. Heath Miller (Pit - TE) 

12. Tampa Bay (TB - DEF) 

13. Justin Tucker (Bal - K) 

14. Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR) 

15. Washington (Was - DEF) 

3rd 8 man     7th pick

2. Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR) 

4. Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) 

5. Darren McFadden (Oak - RB) 

6. Steve Smith (Car - WR) 

7. Owen Daniels (Hou - TE) 

8. Tavon Austin (StL - WR) 

9. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE) 

10. Green Bay (GB - DEF) 

11. Tony Romo (Dal - QB) 

12. Justin Tucker (Bal - K) 

13. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) 

14. Cincinnati (Cin - DEF) 

15. Anquan Boldin (SF - WR) 

I'm feeling pretty confident after those 3 drafts. How does everyone else think i did? I personally think i would do really well.

Decent.

The first few picks of the draft are real important, the first 3 or 4 but then, the ability to survive injuries with depth throughout the season by playing the waiver wire right is the second half of the battle that is often ignored by focusing purely on the draft.

Kickers playing indoors, RBs for flex to run outdoors come playoff time are all key factors come December when it is FF playoff time.

99% of leagues are won from rounds 5-12.

It is easy to pick in the first four rounds.      One wins money in the late rounds.      

Scoring, HEALTH, schedule, bye's, matchups......     it all factors in.       

It is certainly not an exact science but some "knowledge" is very important.

Personally I LOVE IT.....          But can only do 3 competitive leagues a year.    It is time consuming, if one wants to  be good.     Ya I know Schwammmm..  ;)

The first few picks of the draft are real important, the first 3 or 4 but then, the ability to survive injuries with depth throughout the season by playing the waiver wire right is the second half of the battle that is often ignored by focusing purely on the draft.

Kickers playing indoors, RBs for flex to run outdoors come playoff time are all key factors come December when it is FF playoff time.