Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos McGahee still a no show at OTA's, Moreno post stem cells for knee injury still cant fully work out

bayone

Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno still not good to go

Moreno had a stem-cell procedure done on his troublesome knee this year and has been limited in the Broncos' offseason work.

Moreno, a first-round pick in the 2009 draft, will be part of an intriguing battle in training camp at a crowded position.

McGahee hasn't attended the Broncos' offseason workouts, which are voluntary. McGahee can be fined by the team if he doesn't participate in the mandatory minicamp June 11-13.

Read more:Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno still not good to go - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23365871/denver-broncos-running-back-knowshon-moreno-still-not#ixzz2UxF4QRiD

To me apparently

NEITHER is Helping their cause to stay with the team and at least 1 needs to contribute

They've got to cut one of them..'B'  you are right...becayse they've got Montee Ball and Hillman,

But they cant resign backs who arent 100%...

They can afford to have both of them on the sidelines like they did last year agaisnt the Ravens in the playoffs.

I'm inclined to let them both go......

They've got to cut one of them..'B'  you are right...becayse they've got Montee Ball and Hillman,

But they cant resign backs who arent 100%...

They can afford to have both of them on the sidelines like they did last year agaisnt the Ravens in the playoffs.

I'm inclined to let them both go......

Guess they will keep Jacob Hester FB / RB  / short yardage, / can catch & block some too & healthy, though not dynamic

another Ex Charger they picked up last year

Hillman said to have bulked back up to 195 with muscle , we will see if can maintain it, by rookie year end he had dropped 15-20 pounds pending who u read , hes been working on blocking and fast cuts upfield in run game & getting more reps  with Mcaghee & Moreno not in

Lance ball cant do much but a bit of all save running well but is great on special teams and why kept last year

Many decisions to be made

I was hoping they would take another back like GB did, they took Franklin after Lacy,  , or stanford's , stephen Taylor first taken round 5 While he isn't exceptional in any one facet of the game, he is technically sound, and well rounded. Taylor is possibly the safest back in this class due to his ability to not only pass protect, but to catch the football, which will make him invaluable on third downs.   http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/stepfan-taylor?id=2539315

,  I thought would be a good addition

GB had many of the same picks on thiier board as Denver took , like CB webster & WR king / others to but all a few rounds later than where Denver took them, 

King is fast, real breakaway threat but also drops way to many

I think the fact that Manning is working with Ball specifically indicates that they want him and Hillman to play....and Moreno and MaGahee, their minds, cant be counted on 

.. Hester (did they resign him?) is a good guy for a lot of formations...and a proven blocker.

You are right, though. Even with all 3....Denver is thin at running back..

.....They did use a draft choice on a 3rd QB..(Dysert  - Maimi ) and, while I like his background and prospects, he doesn't have any more chance of playing THIS YEAR than you or I do...

I think the fact that Manning is working with Ball specifically indicates that they want him and Hillman to play....and Moreno and MaGahee, their minds, cant be counted on 

.. Hester (did they resign him?) is a good guy for a lot of formations...and a proven blocker.

You are right, though. Even with all 3....Denver is thin at running back..

.....They did use a draft choice on a 3rd QB..(Dysert  - Maimi ) and, while I like his background and prospects, he doesn't have any more chance of playing THIS YEAR than you or I do...

& took yet  another QB as undrafted free agent, dont ask me why , i think even brock was a waaste with 2nd pick if wanted to win now and shoukld have taken Doug  martin, that Tampa took with the trade  & Wolfe as when traded back twice in 1st round last year actually gave back extra pick to take hillman by trading up, KNow u probably have seen me write that many times

That 1 player may just have made the difference who knows

Hester is still on the roster, Clady isnt as hasnt signed tender so Hestor must be signed and read those comments I noted In mile high report which is like stampede blue Denver Version just recently

U diodnt comment so dont knoww if u read my post on ball

Re Ball artcle noted Because we are going to count on him in a big way this year. He’s a rookie, but (Head) Coach (John) Fox is not going to bring him along slowly. We are going to put him in there and make him a contributor this year

article has video and Peyton spending extra time with  hillman and Welker & says  ((  Video in op link below  )) Peyton says Collie  is sending him tapes of himself working out & rehabbinmg and is almost ready to be cleared to workout with a team, Patella almost g fully rehabbed from injury etc

Says Wes is like Marshall Faulk in that he has great knowledge of Defenses and can adjust appropriately

Read through comments, they are short and the part of article I noted

DONT WANT TO REPEAT MY OP ETC SO IF CARE READ IT BELOW

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/18505-bronkos-want-rookie-rb-ball-to-play-prominent-role-from-the-get-go-peyton-making-sure/

Ball is also excellent in efficient zone running 

Thats 1 reason Broncos added to OL staff a past OL coach who specializes in zone blocking, not sure his exact tiltle

also of interest is that somewhere else I heard Welker say eventually will be on page wirh Peyton, are improving but, 1 issue is after so many years with Brady & 1 system hes has like habits in a play he  has to break , knows not supposed to do it a certain way now  but sometimes the habit takes over so the more reps the better to break it, That plus new OC case is also adding wrinkles Peyton has to learn to

Thats all for me, need to rest

Looks like it will be Montee Ball and McGahee to start the season, IMO.

We will see

1st lets see McGahee show up for mandatory mini camp

then lets see how knee is

he is already behind on new play book with new OC Case wrinkles

last year he started to fumble, was that a fluke will have to v be determined

another year another injury Plus Age another year means this may be year age ctaches up and just not much left in tank

2+ miliion saalary this and next if keep him

Pro Bowler with Vet experience and leadership

Peyton  or author ?? On Magahee in conclusion, cant tell who is saying thiss

I'll say this: McGahee is a pro's pro, and I'm confident he will show up to mandatory mini camp and training camp in the best shape he can. And when he's at his best, he's the best running back on the Broncos roster.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6/3/4384406/six-pack

MORENO, another year another injury

except for first game held onto ball

hasnt yet finished a season playing well & healthy

Younger so can come back more easily

Less of a salary cap issue,  real, good out of backfield on pases

he & Mcgahee can pass block

If still has it Mcagahee  is bigger back

MUCH FOR FRONT OFFICE TO PONDER

'B'

I think Magahee may just be staying away from spring practice....He was reportedly OK to play in the AFC title game last year if Denver had gotten that far..

You just threw soemthijg i there I had not heard,

Austin Collie is contacting Peyton Manning hoping he can show enopuhg to get a shot in Denver?

Is that true?

The Broncos have three top receivers buit they are thin behind that. To have a rehabbing Collie in-waiting this season would not be a bad move.....

'B'

I think Magahee may just be staying away from spring practice....He was reportedly OK to play in the AFC title game last year if Denver had gotten that far..

Austin Collie is contacting Peyton Manning hoping he can show enopuhg to get a shot in Denver?

Is that true?

The Broncos have three top receivers buit they are thin behind that. To have a rehabbing Collie in-waiting this season would not be a bad move.....

i have 6 minutes

Collie sent Peyton tapes of himself practicing and rehabbing and peyton said he should be cleared soon to tryout for a team, he did not mention any team in particular , ikts buried in a video in that articles link i quoted

There is also a reliable stockely ,, older yes but can take a hit , though realkly only s;lot work but best hands of anyone

# main recivers , a group of TE's

Thin after that &   TE Dressens kneee just scoped so not ready to work out

also a WR king in Draft , can run away from many & stretch field but poor hands

McGahee last year begged to play Vs Ravens , Denver refused, he was practicing and waas supposedly ready for Champ game

Last year He did show up for voluntary OTA's

Will McGahee show up for last week of OTAs?

McGahee participated in Broncos OTAs only a year ago.

So what is keeping McGahee away from Dove Valley this offseason? Is it personal or professional?Back for OTAs was running back Willis McGahee, who missed last week because of a personal issue. - Denver Post, June 6, 2012

Some reports suggest McGahee is still rehabilitating his injured knee from November 2012, but let's remember that McGahee was campaigning to play during the Broncos' Divisional Playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens in January, and likely would have played the next week had the Broncos advanced to the AFC Championship Game. While some rehabilitation might still be in order, if he was good to go then, he should be good to go now. It doesn't make sense that that would play a factor in McGahee's decision not to participate in practices at Dove Valley.

Perhaps the addition of Montee Ball via the draft has made McGahee feel like the odd man out, or that his presence is unnecessary.

While many are jumping on the Montee Ball bandwagon, let's not forget the impact McGahee has had on this team. A free agent signing of the Broncos in 2011, the running back quickly became a leader for the Broncos.

Just ask Peyton Manning.

Rest of Story basically what i said before to Chad

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6/3/4384406/six-pack

'B'

Is that true?

few other undrafted rookies besides drafted KING ( 6' 1 " 200 lb speedster , poor hands ) , and Greg Orton was on practice squad last year nothing great , played for Cinncy in 2009 i think & ssome areana ball

PS there is always Trin Holiday asa a WR but is he durable enough and does he have hands enough

I didnt mean stockely was signed, just another option

I'd love a healthy Collie that doesnt get hurt over Wes due to familiarity and can play some more WR if needed

'B'

Is that true?

here is something I didnt really expect

If you're expecting Trindon Holliday just to be a fixture on special teams....think again.

Also,
plenty of work on offense for Trindon Holliday
who
caught a touchdown pass
from Brock Osweiler. 

There were a few times where Holliday was used in two back sets out of the shotgun as a receiver. He is the epitome of "home run threat" and should be utilized on offense. I doubt any DB in the league could match his speed. Should be deadly with play action and double moves.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6/3/4392536/denver-broncos-otas-osweiler-hillman-j-thomas-impress