Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Releases 2013 Schedule Thursday Night....

NewColtsFan

Primetime games for Luck: At San Fran, vs Denver, Thursday Night football vs Jags/Titans, Possible 4th vs Texans but I doubt it because Texans get to play Denver, NE and Ravens, so one or two of those will be primetime for Texans, IMO.

Primetime games for Peyton: At NYG, At Foxboro, Home vs Ravens, At Indy, Thanksgiving At Cowboys

Primetime games for Brady: vs Denver, vs Ravens, at Pittsburgh (Steelers hope that is not the case because Steelers have lately stunk on SNF both vs Brady and Brees and barely squeaked by Kerry Collins/Curtis Painter, so Steelers fans probably hope it is a 4:15 game), at New Orleans, at Texans

At least, that is what I predict :).

TK;

Seattle hasn't done enough to worry about....

But the 49ers are another story entirely....that's a prime time game...

seattle is more dangerous than 49ers they have harvin now and he tore us up last year. Plus if our run d isn't right lync will have a green like performance

I know the OP is about the schedule coming out on Thursday, but that got me thinking about the Thursday night games specifically, because I just had a conversation a day or so ago with a buddy about Indy's Thursday night history,

since 2007 Indy is 6-0 on Thurday night games, (the only team undefeated since the recent inclusion of Thursday night games) sort of a cool stat...

anyways since 2008 all of Indys Thursday night games have been divisional games...

& since 2009 Colts have played all three division rivals, so if the schedule keeps that rotation, it would mean the Colts play Tenn on Thursday night this year...

Hopefully the Colts keep the Thursday night streak going & make it 7-0

anyways...

just bored thought I'd look up some random stuff...

Are all Thursday night games Divisional games??? Thought I heard that somewhere & that they are basically on a rotation, meaning Colts would be up to play TN on a thursday this year, anyone know if there is a formula to Thursday night games...

I don't think all of them are divisional games. Bengals played Eagles last year and Steelers played Titans as well on Thursday night football last year.

I do know that a team cannot play 2 Thursday night games in a given season year. So, if the Cowboys and Lions play on thanksgiving, them or their opponents cannot play a 2nd Thursday night game in the year.

My guess is that the schedule will actually start leaking out tomorrow morning-noon. The NFL is not very good at keeping the schedule a secret, all the way until the schedule show. I believe we will start seeing the schedule leak in less than 24 hours.

My 2 predictions, both of which I hope I'm wrong.

1. we will open on the road.  The only 2 times we had a home opener is when the Colts won the SB and when the opened LOS.
  2. We will play Peyton October 12th, when I will be in of all places...Denver.

Also this has nothing to do with the release tonight, but for the first time since the AFL days this is the first year we will not play the Patriots.  Maybe in the playoffs in Jan 2014.

ND - we didn't play the Pats in 2002, the 1st year of the current realignment.

I posted my prediction a few weeks back.  This allows for a fast start, tough mid-season stretch, and a strong finish with the last seven games.  This would be a great schedule.  Enjoy! 

9/8 Jaguars 1pm CBS

9/15 @ AZ 4:05pm CBS 

9/22 @ Chiefs 1pm CBS

9/29 Titans 1pm CBS

10/6 BYE

10/13 @ 49ers 8:30pm NBC

10/21 Seahawks 8:30pm ESPN 

10/28 @ Bengals 1pm CBS

11/3 Broncos 8:30pm NBC

11/10 @ Texans 1pm CBS

11/17 Raiders 1pm CBS

11/24 @ Chargers 4:25pm CBS

12/1 Dolphins 1pm CBS

12/5 @ Titans 8:30pm NFLN

12/15 Rams 1pm FOX

12/22 Texans 4:25pm CBS

12/29 @ Jaguars 1pm CBS

ND - we didn't play the Pats in 2002, the 1st year of the current realignment.

Oops, I stand corrected.  I forgot how bad the Colts were in 2001, (PL-PL-PL-PLAYOFFS!)  6and10

How about this edit:

Also this has nothing to do with the release tonight, but for the first time since the AFL days 2003, this is the first year we will not play the Patriots. 

I like your scedule, but think there will be a few more 4 pm games and we will probably end the season against the Texans. 

• 2 months later...