Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock Draft 4.0 (No trades)

1- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia. Once thought a top 10 lock, a bad 40 time will drop him significantly. He's a huge steal here.

3- Barrett Jones, OG/OT/C, Alabama. Jones biggest plus is his versatility. He doesn't excell at any one spot, but he's able to play any O-line position in a pinch. Would be a guard.

4- Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford. 3rd down back who excells in pass catching and blocking. Good compliment to Ballard.

6- Robert Lester, S, Alabama. Insurance for Landry or Bethea injury. Ball-hawk.

7. Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State. Fills out depth at the WR position. Was an early round talent a while back.

7. Abry Jones, DT, Georgia. Depth move.

I like all your picks except Taylor in the 4th.  I just think getting a RB with any of the first 3 picks is not the way to go.  I like Taylor, but you can get a running back later for depth.  You need help with depth along the OL, DL, LB, and secondary.  I would use all 3 picks for those areas.  No QB, RB, WR, TE with first 3 picks is the way I would go.  That doesn't target specific positions with each pick, and allows you to take best player available as long as it is OL, DL, LB, CB, or S. 

I also would love to pick up one more pick in the 3rd or 4th round area, by trading a higher 2014 pick away (...get a 2013 4th rounder for a 2014 3rd rounder).  Because 3 picks in the first 5 rounds of the draft just isn't going to cut it.  San Francisco is flush with picks, and it behooves them to trade some 2013 picks for picks next year.

Not bad, Dont like Taylor in the 4th, good player just dont need a rb and he wont be there I dont think anyway by the bottom of the 4th, Rather go with several other players

Hugh Thornton

Chris Harper

Duke Williams

Alvin Bailey

Dan Buckner

D.J Hayden (I know it seems extremely unlikely he falls here but it could happen)

Travis Long

Bacarri Rambo

Aaron Mellete

Kwame Geathers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now