Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sick of Welker Coverage!

esmort

OK, I know it is a big story, and the media loves the Patriots...BUT I am already sick of hearing about the Welker deal 24/7. 

The NFL network has already analyzed this story from every possible angle like 10 times.  They have driven this story into the ground. 

At this point I would rather hear about any other FA analysis ... I would even rather hear them analyze and report on how Dallas isn't doing anything ...UGH!! :wall:

Yeah it is aggravating seeing the same thing 100 times. Especially when we sign a pro bowl caliber safety in Landry and all we get is "Laron Landry to Colts." Now on to Welker

OK, I know it is a big story, and the media loves the Patriots...BUT I am already sick of hearing about the Welker deal 24/7. 

The NFL network has already analyzed this story from every possible angle like 10 times.  They have driven this story into the ground. 

At this point I would rather hear about any other FA analysis ... I would even rather hear them analyze and report on how Dallas isn't doing anything ...UGH!! :wall:

What I love are the Pats fans who think the team flies under the radar. I've never seen this from the Pats, ever...

This Welker and Brady contract coverage is beyond insane. Part of me wonders if the Pats do this on purpose for extra publicity. After all, Brady is still getting a ton of guaranteed money, so is he really taking that much of a pay cut? Not really, but because the contract's terms are twisted, its makes Brady out to be a "charitable" guy.

Then you've got the attention the Pats command in the draft by trading down to stockpile players, the resigning of OC Josh McDaniels who they fired to begin with, controversial past signings in Moss and Haynesworth, signing Olympian Jeff Demps, Spygate, flirting with tons of high profile players by bringing them into camp, the Superbowl Underwood cutting fiasco, the list goes on.

I think the Pats do all this to command attention. They're the last team who wants to fly under the radar. They want the NFL to know they're the #1 story in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if they resign Cassel either to add another headline.