Wes Welker, Broncos engaged in 'serious talks', according to report

bayone

u know its a TV game Denver at Pats & Denver @ Colts

Media will go crazy

Walter Football

says

Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Age: 32. star.gifstar.gifstar.gif 
Signed with Broncos 

Wes Welker produces like crazy fantasy numbers, but he's also one of the league's most overrated players. There's a reason why the Patriots wouldn't show him the money. He drops lots of passes and is arguably a product of the system. He's also about to enter his mid-30s. Still, he's a highly effective slot receiver

# 5 

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013WR.php

Hes back in New England , has to fly back to Denver for physical

It's interesting to me that Brady takes the cap friendly deal, but Manning winds up with Welker. Still no word on Talib and Vollmer.

Reports are they are working on Talib. He has been their top priority, not Welker. They are also reportedly pursing Joshua Cribbs. In general, the Pats do very little the first week of FA. They wait for things to settle and for the market to come down and get guys under value.

Reports are they are working on Talib. He has been their top priority, not Welker. They are also reportedly pursing Joshua Cribbs. In general, the Pats do very little the first week of FA. They wait for things to settle and for the market to come down and get guys under value.

Pats offered 2 million less NFL network, dont know if it is total or per year , anyway , have a good night

heard were also some incentives, like he had to still prove himself, now thats insulting

I don't get how the most productive receiver is only worth $5M/yr to them, but Danny Amendola, who missed half of his games the past two seasons, is worth a little over $6M/yr.

I don't get how the most productive receiver is only worth $5M/yr to them, but Danny Amendola, who missed half of his games the past two seasons, is worth a little over $6M/yr.

THe entire league other than the Broncs did not think he was worth more than the 5mil that should tell you something. No one expects at age 32 that Welker will continue to catch 100+ balls a season. Check out his drops the last two years not to mention his speed. Amendola is a better slot guy right now. The durability is an issue but no way the Pats ask him to do what Welker did last year which was forced because of injuries to both TEs and Endelman. They were trying to change the O last year so really this is not surprising. Their O never stays the same year to year. Still, I want to see them bolster the D and hope they make run at Pollard, Reed, Freeney.

THe entire league other than the Broncs did not think he was worth more than the 5mil that should tell you something. No one expects at age 32 that Welker will continue to catch 100+ balls a season. Check out his drops the last two years not to mention his speed. Amendola is a better slot guy right now. The durability is an issue but no way the Pats ask him to do what Welker did last year which was forced because of injuries to both TEs and Endelman. They were trying to change the O last year so really this is not surprising. Their O never stays the same year to year. Still, I want to see them bolster the D and hope they make run at Pollard, Reed, Freeney.

As long as both TE's stay healthy then  Amendola  is perfectly fine for pats, Yes he wont be asked to do what Welker did

But if a TE goes down again, he better stay healthy himself

Welker is worth that much money, so is a younger  Amendola if he stays healthy  as  Pats are looking for a long term solutiion , while Broncos are looking for a short term solution

Its similar to what happened with VINI when got older and franchised i think etc and felt used and Pride hurt

Broncos still need DOOM signed and Money May have been also used for Steven Jackson as need a RB badly,