Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals Likely To Allow Andre Smith To Test FA Market

krunk

Might be wrong, but i think Giants payed him to play LT not RT

Not picking on you, rather a blanket generalized statement. The whole you pay the left tackle more than the right tackle stuff is a bit overdone in today's NFL. The right tackle, if he does his job as well as any other oline man at the position is worth just as much as his brother to the left. Players in this league have improved and so have schemes making players across the line worthy of left tackle kinda money if they do there job extremely well. When you see defensive players being shifted aroun te dline to get match ups, you want the best guys blocking that outside on both sides and I don't care if the right tackle gets paid more than my left tackle if he does his job. Now I would not pay a guy going into his third contract that kinda money but for a second contract and a pretty proven track record, yeah, he is worth the 8-9 mil/yr IMO.

Not picking on you, rather a blanket generalized statement. The whole you pay the left tackle more than the right tackle stuff is a bit overdone in today's NFL. The right tackle, if he does his job as well as any other oline man at the position is worth just as much as his brother to the left. Players in this league have improved and so have schemes making players across the line worthy of left tackle kinda money if they do there job extremely well. When you see defensive players being shifted aroun te dline to get match ups, you want the best guys blocking that outside on both sides and I don't care if the right tackle gets paid more than my left tackle if he does his job. Now I would not pay a guy going into his third contract that kinda money but for a second contract and a pretty proven track record, yeah, he is worth the 8-9 mil/yr IMO.

Every general manager in the nfl disagrees

still the left tackle gets paid the big bucks. I agree that because of matchups both tackles are supposed to be good, but the truth is LT still get paid more and thats why albert is expecting tyo be a LT and not  Rt Like so many fans here want

Every general manager in the nfl disagrees

Well then they are all *s ;)

I'm just saying, if I have a half good LT and I pay him great LT money because of the position he plays and forgo paying my really good RT better money because he is a RT and shouldn't get more than that LT, that's insane.

still the left tackle gets paid the big bucks. I agree that because of matchups both tackles are supposed to be good, but the truth is LT still get paid more and thats why albert is expecting tyo be a LT and not Rt Like so many fans here want

I agree that LT gets paid more but I would venture to say over time now, RT will start mirroring the LT with the evolving defensive quality and have RT who are getting more athletic as well. The game changes and so will patterns of spending.