Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae davis

Godeepreggie

According to PFF, Asomugha rated 103 out of 113 qualifying CBs in pass coverage (-7.3), just to compare, Cassius Vaughn rated 86 out of 113 in pass coverage (-3.6), and DRC was 42/113 pass coverage (+2.9).

I think both guys would be more comfortable in our man coverage defense, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price for Asomugha.

Wow....I'm going to put my foot in my mouth right about now. haha

Honestly though, I don't see how Vaughn could have possibly been better in coverage than anyone, least of all Asomugha.

From a pure athleticism standpoint (build, speed, hip movement, strength, etc.), he is one of the top CBs in the league. I remember hearing Polian gush about him. He needs to mature and become more mentally consistent to realize his physical potential (similar to Vernon prior to attitude shift). Man, I'd like to see the Davis family tree....

Davis is nowhere close to Revis.

I'm not sure Revis is as good as Revis. The guy's hype is almost impossible to fulfill, if he went to another team, those fans would probably expect 2 picks a game.

Revis is better than Davis though, I'll give you that.

I'm not sure Revis is as good as Revis. The guy's hype is almost impossible to fulfill, if he went to another team, those fans would probably expect 2 picks a game.

Revis is better than Davis though, I'll give you that.

I agree with this. Revis is really good, but the hype the guy gets is a little ridiculous IMO.