Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFW: Young QB With Best Career Ahead

unitaswestand

Are you serious?The skins had to adapt(throw in ALOT of baylor schemes) their playbook,because the guy wasn't intelligent enough to run their system that they orginally had in place.It was griffin that forced mikes' hand on this one.The mere fact that RG3 forced himself to play hurt,because he knew his job would be in serious debate,if cousins played well.He's a scared player(rightfully so).It really showed what kind of team player griffin is.He's selfish and arrogant(listen to his post game comments'>"I'm the best chance my team has of winning.").He cost his team a victory,because he lied about the severity of his injury.

Sigh. The nature of their offense has been discussed to death. It is the same offense that Shanahan ran and that plenty of other teams run even now, including the 49ers. Not intelligent enough? Where is this coming from? The guy is a darn smart and athletic quarterback, which is part of the reason the media flocks to him. He said what he said because he is right. He gives his team the best chance to win, even injured. Griffin>>>>>>Cousins. And it's not even close. Griffin has as much to fear losing his job to Cousins as Manning has of losing his job to Osweiler. It's just not going to happen. He's not selfish or arrogant, he is confident and mature, something a lot of people like you can't come to cope with. I knew you were deep in the Cousins Kool-Aid but sheesh this is madness.

Sigh. The nature of their offense has been discussed to death. It is the same offense that Shanahan ran and that plenty of other teams run even now, including the 49ers. Not intelligent enough? Where is this coming from? The guy is a darn smart and athletic quarterback, which is part of the reason the media flocks to him. He said what he said because he is right. He gives his team the best chance to win, even injured. Griffin>>>>>>Cousins. And it's not even close. Griffin has as much to fear losing his job to Cousins as Manning has of losing his job to Osweiler. It's just not going to happen. He's not selfish or arrogant, he is confident and mature, something a lot of people like you can't come to cope with. I knew you were deep in the Cousins Kool-Aid but sheesh this is madness.

I cannot wait until next year.Then...we'll see if your opinion is the same.If he starts(cousins)he'll  be a top ten QB.What will happen if cousins comes out of the gate on FIRE,and RG3 is still dealing with injury issues?

I cannot wait until next year.Then...we'll see if your opinion is the same.If he starts(cousins)he'll  be a top ten QB.What will happen if cousins comes out of the gate on FIRE,and RG3 is still dealing with injury issues?

The same thing that happened after Cassel led the Patriots to a 11-5 season in Brady's absence. The true master will get back to work, and the guy who was not acquired to be the starter will go back to the bench. It's just the natural flow of things. The most you could hope for is some QB-hungry team to see enough good work from Cousins (if Griffin isn't back in time for season opener) to make a push for him, i.e. Matt Flynn. But, heck, even things didn't go well for him when someone else came along, so who knows.

The same thing that happened after Cassel led the Patriots to a 11-5 season in Brady's absence. The true master will get back to work, and the guy who was not acquired to be the starter will go back to the bench. It's just the natural flow of things. The most you could hope for is some QB-hungry team to see enough good work from Cousins (if Griffin isn't back in time for season opener) to make a push for him, i.e. Matt Flynn. But, heck, even things didn't go well for him when someone else came along, so who knows.

Please excuse me,my tummy is red from rollin' on the ground with laughter(SERIOUSLY),from your comment.Did you just compare RG3(a freakin' rookie) to the greatest QB in history(brady)?That was a completely different set of circumstances involving brady/cassel!The only reason a guy like RG3 has any job security WHATSOEVER is from the mere fact,that washington gave-up so much to obtain his services.And to call RG3 a "true master" really gives me the squats.

Please excuse me,my tummy is red from rollin' on the ground with laughter(SERIOUSLY),from your comment.Did you just compare RG3(a freakin' rookie) to the greatest QB in history(brady)?That was a completely different set of circumstances involving brady/cassel!The only reason a guy like RG3 has any job security WHATSOEVER is from the mere fact,that washington gave-up so much to obtain his services.And to call RG3 a "true master" really gives me the squats.

Lol it's a comparison of the situations, not the players. Griffin was taken second in the Draft and you said it yourself: They gave up the house just to get him.That says a lot about the coaching staff's faith in him. Griffin is an electrifying player and he has proven that he was worth all the trouble.  They believed that they were a quarterback away from being contenders again and we see how that turned out. Griff won the East, despite what the pundits thought. Compared to Capt. Kirk yes, Griffin is the true master. Besides...Griffin isn't a rookie anymore, regular season's over, so you're wrong about that too. :thmup:

Seriously...thanks' for the laugh...needed it today(the type of laugh that makes your face sweaty and red)!!!My tummy is so itchy and red(from myself proceeding to...STOP...DROP...ROLL...WITH LAUGHTER)that i now need that smelly cream that is usually reserved for diapper rash.

Seriously...thanks' for the laugh...needed it today(the type of laugh that makes your face sweaty and red)!!!My tummy is so itchy and red(from myself proceeding to...STOP...DROP...ROLL...WITH LAUGHTER)that i now need that smelly cream that is usually reserved for diapper rash.

You're right...you do need something... :funny:

My question about bob is this:Will the media,along with most of the public still love him,once they realize the facts surrounding his life(actually the more i learn about him,the more i like him) and upbringing?He comes from a FINE african-american family,with STRONG military ties(family ties),and a devout republican(same as his parents).This is why people like...'rob parker' called him a "cornball brother".I'm not knockin' bobby(i truly like him),but i'm just a bigger cousins fan.

I also take back my comment about him not being 'intelligent enough' to run washington's offensive system.That system is difficult for any player(and a rookie to boot),so it makes sense to create formation variations to take advantage of bob's abilities.

Cousins scared no Big Ten teams. Basically a statue with an average arm. Good enough to bounce around the NFL as a career backup, at most. Griffin scared every team that had to play Baylor and for good reason. He was the most dynamic athlete on the field every game that he played. This debate is crazy.

Not a frog,nor a doll.I was the artist formerly known as 'kirkcousins#8.I think you and i have gotten into some heated debates in the draft section yrs back in regards to cousins.At least,i think it was you,not sure though.I've matured and really have become a HUGE luck fan(he's WON me over),but i still cheer for cousins(also a big fan of his as well).I apologize for our past debates,if you were offended(not my intention).

Hey its no problem. I knew I had seen your posting style before though. Just something about it that seemed familier. I'll admit that I wasn't a big fan of Cousins coming into the league, but he has done a nice job when given the chance in Washington.

Hey its no problem. I knew I had seen your posting style before though. Just something about it that seemed familier. I'll admit that I wasn't a big fan of Cousins coming into the league, but he has done a nice job when given the chance in Washington.

I know that i have a big mouth(concerning cousins),but i have my reasons for this.He really is a wonderful player(when givin' an opportunity)and an even better man(tebow,but with actual talent).I know he doesn't have the athletic ability of luck or RG3,but he does have HEART and that's an attribute that can be very scary,with any player with above average skill level.I just want his talent respected and appreciated.His sample size is small,but its been lights out,when givin' a real opportunity.I think we're fortunate to have three,maybe four premier talented players(QB'S) in this draft(LUCK,COUSINS,RG3 AND FOLES).