Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A.J. Hawk Could Be Release Candidate

krunk

Packers | A.J. Hawk could be release candidate Mon Jan 14, 01:52 PM

The Green Bay Packers could consider releasing LB A.J. Hawk this offseason because he is scheduled to make $5.45 million next season and has not been involved in a play that has produced a turnover in the last two seasons.

Link to story http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130113/PKR01/301130415/Green-Bay-Packers-face-tough-decisions-on-defense?nclick_check=1

A.J. Hawk player page

Can you even believe they gave him a 5 year contract extension? He looked just awesome covering Vernon Davis the other night.

GB don't have a clue what they are doing.

Number 1, Ted Thompson never hits free agents, and he gave this guy a 5 year extension to do nothing on defense. Don't even get me started on the big extension they gave Finley after last year. 2 catches for 45 yards in his last 2 playoff games. He drops pass after pass, throws his QB under the bus.

All that "rookies build talent" look at their defense. Yeah....Clay Matthews is the entire pass rush. They looked great the other night leaving 20 yards open for Kaepernick to pick up a first down. Their defense has been a joke 3 out of the last 4 years. Only one season did Capers actually do something with them, the year they won the Super Bowl. 2011 they were worst in the league, and this year they weren't all that good, that playoff game proved it.

I don't see GB doing it anymore. i think they are going to regress next year. Their defense will continue to get worse, and a much tougher schedule.

Can you even believe they gave him a 5 year contract extension? He looked just awesome covering Vernon Davis the other night.

Number 1, Ted Thompson never hits free agents, and he gave this guy a 5 year extension to do nothing on defense. Don't even get me started on the big extension they gave Finley after last year. 2 catches for 45 yards in his last 2 playoff games. He drops pass after pass, throws his QB under the bus.

All that "rookies build talent" look at their defense. Yeah....Clay Matthews is the entire pass rush. They looked great the other night leaving 20 yards open for Kaepernick to pick up a first down. Their defense has been a joke 3 out of the last 4 years. Only one season did Capers actually do something with them, the year they won the Super Bowl. 2011 they were worst in the league, and this year they weren't all that good, that playoff game proved it.

I don't see GB doing it anymore. i think they are going to regress next year. Their defense will continue to get worse, and a much tougher schedule.

You mean the year that they went on a shootout with the Cardinals and they barely won that game to get to the SB? LOL.

They had a terrible defense. They need to convert to 3-4 to help them better defend the run game. 2-4 scheme is stupid this day.

You mean the year that they went on a shootout with the Cardinals and they barely won that game to get to the SB? LOL.

They had a terrible defense. They need to convert to 3-4 to help them better defend the run game. 2-4 scheme is stupid this day.

They did not win that playoff game you are talking about

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001100crd.htm

Usually players get released for 1 of 2 reasons: salary issues or a lack of game day production on the field. It's rare that player gets released for both issues at the same time. Bye A.J. Hawk. You clearly were not a dominating presence on the field. I hope you watched whatever money you made from GB like a hawk & don't squander all away foolishly. Was it a DC Dom Capers system fit issue? Who knows...Good luck landing with another squad Mr. Hawk.

Couple things

1.How is 120 tackles and 3 sacks nothing?

2.They certainly hit on a talented rookie defensive player

3.Nick Perry got injured this year but had 2 sacks through 5 games

Couple things

1.How is 120 tackles and 3 sacks nothing?

2.They certainly hit on a talented rookie defensive player

3.Nick Perry got injured this year but had 2 sacks through 5 games

2 sacks in 5 games? That is horrible. Hawk had 3 sacks this season, that is nothing. Just watch them play. Watch their pass rush. When Matthews wasn't playing, they had no pass rush. Hawk covering Vernon Davis was the most hilarious crap last week. The middle is the main thing. GB's guys cannot cover anyone over the middle, nor can they can pass rush without Clay Matthews. Staley on one arm defended Matthews in that game and did a great job shutting him down.

All that defense needs is a couple of free agents but they won't even dare pick any up cause it's not TT's way. They think TT is some genius, when he's really not.