Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Sanders 6 Tackles And Counting

PreManningColtsFan

San Diego is a contender, the Raiders aren't. Why would any football player not want to play somewhere that they have a chance at the playoffs and a winning team? Next to the $ the chance at victory is these guys deepest drive.

Oh... and don't think the Colts are the only people that whine about guys being let go and becoming stars elsewhere. San Diego - Wes Welker ring a bell for anyone?!

exactly lol, i was waiting for some of our charger fans to cry about the loss of scot chandler, after he caught a td for the bills haha

STOP IT! just a month ago it was all "Bob won't last training camp" and "he was a cap liability b/c he couldn't stay healthy..." now he has ONE good game and everyone wishes he were still a Colt??? REALLY? I loved him too, but he's made it one game. one. yes, it sucks that he's gone. but the D played pretty dang well without him in 2009, and people seemed to understand why he was let go (not happy, but understood that he ate up a ton of cap room and never saw the field)....

I don't want hindsight talk. It's just that. No one can predict the future. And stop saying "typical Colts, let them go somewhere else to be stars." REALLY? I can count on one hand the number of ex-Colts that are/were big time players for their new teams (paging Brandon Stokely...get my point?).

Not to mention Sanders replacement Bullitt proved one of the few bright spots on defense on Sunday. We have our issues on defense safety play is not one of them.

It was time for Sanders to go, sorry. The Colts held on to him as long as they could, we scream about Gonzo being hurt and he's been hurt for two years where as Sander's hasn't played in more than six games since 2007. He's played in three the past two years and that's being kind because he lasted a poistion last year and something close to that in the two games he played the year before that. Even then the Colts held on to him till his contract got big, he hadn't lived up to his contract so the Colts cut bait. Had he come back and been hurt again everyone would be screaming for Polian's head for refusing to admit a mistake in giving Sanders a big contract and not letting go of him because he's hurt all the time.